We are Australian expats living overseas and decided to treat ourselves to a 2 night stay in this hotel as previous feedback (over the years) had raved about it. The hotel has an excellent location right on the beach and with shops downstairs, Coles across the road, etc. The room was small but neat and tidy and had been recently renovated. However, the walls were paper thin. We lay in bed listening to the conversation of our next door neighbours, then their subsequent departure and later arrival drunk. I don't mind people going out and having a good time, but when I'm trying to sleep I don't want to hear about how "Matt got paralytic, maaaaate!" and how "Shazza really scored!" Anyway, the next morning we were down at breakfast, which was cramped/overcrowded, buffet style free for all, with screaming kids, hung over adults, people piling their plates as high as they could with sausages, scrambled eggs, etc. It was noisy and reminded me of rare trips to sizzler when I was in Uni. Needless to say, we realised that perhaps this wasn't the place for a quiet and romantic weekend away for two. We checked out the next morning and explained the situation to staff. They were sympathetic and we got a refund for our second night. We booked into the Sebel in East Fremantle which was great, although we would have preferred the Sebel to be at the beach, you had the benefit of still overlooking water and being close to a raft of really good restaurants. Anyway, we would recommend this hotel for people who don't mind roudy neighbours and want the proximity to nightclubs (for picking up), easy access to the beach and binging on buffet breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough is the essential beachside destination overlooking the sparkling blue Indian Ocean and beautiful Scarborough Beach with fully renovated guest rooms and suites. Only 30 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from Perth's central business district, you have the beach at your doorstep and easy access to the area's main attractions. Enjoy one of the 336 luxuriously renovated rooms and suites featuring smart design and modern technology. Our first-rate facilities include wining and dining options in the hotel's restaurant and bar, plus quality leisure facilities including a lagoon-style pool, fully equipped gymnasium and Vanilla face+body spa. If you are planning an event, Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough provides tailor-made packages for up to 680 guests in facilities including 26 event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Observation City Scarborough
- Hotel Rendezvous Observation City