Indian Ocean Hotel(Scarborough)
West Beach Lagoon(Scarborough)
Priceline
Luna Apartments(Scarborough)
4,500 results
All reviewsclub roomstraits cafelobby barobservation deckgreat viewbuffet breakfastpool areascarborough beachbeach frontgreat roomocean viewacross the roadbars and restaurantsan upgradeindian oceanbalconyperth
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Our family stayed over Christmas up untill New Years Day and I would like to say the service was fantastic all round very friendly staff nothing was too much trouble especially concierge thankyou so much for making our holiday speacial and they really did more than required to help us. Yes the hotel may have been built in the 80s but was very clean. The position and the views were fantastic and everything thing we need was within walking distance. The gym was outstanding best gym we have seen in a hotel. Pool great and all towels were supplied. Value for money excellent. If we ever visit Perth again this would be our number one choice excellent.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank honeymay
Reviewed 24 November 2009

having grown up in scarborough i know the area pretty well, have since moved away but returned for a weekend,i was a teenager hanging at the beach watching the hotel being built and it doesnt look like a cent has been spent on it since then.the staff are doing very well with what they have but there are so many little things inside that really stand out,we payed aud$270 for an ocean view room that was clean but soooooo in need of some tlc and updating,the hotel and surrounds have very little atmosphere for a beachside resort,but there isnt too much choice in scarborough these days.scarborough needs some big money spending there,but the beach, as always, is one of the cleanest and safest surf beaches youll find on the coast

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oncealocal
Reviewed 24 November 2009

I booked this experience to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. As we hadn't celebrated our wedding with a honeymoon we had high expectations for our long weekend away - and we were bitterly disappointed. We carried our own bags to our room. We weren't informed about any of the hotel amenities. We asked Concierge if they could recommend restaurants / things to see / things to do - to which we received nothing but vacant stares and shrugs of shoulders. Each morning for breakfast we stood at the doorway to the restaurant and "waited to be seated" as per signage, and waited for over 15 minutes each morning. We were never offered tea or coffee. And to top it all off the Housekeeper removed our own pillow cases from our own pillows and discarded them with the Hotels dirty linen. 26 phone calls and 3 cranky emails later I was told by the Hotel that they will not take responsibility for anything within a guest’s room. We should have used their pillows with their linen, (I work in hospitality and have always travelled with my own pillow as many guests do). To which I replied that the possessions were locked in our own personal room, and were lost by the employees of the hotel. I was told again that next time I should be more careful, and then I was hung up on. I have followed this up with 3 emails to the Rendezvous Head Office, and (surprise, surprise) 2 months later I still have no response. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody! There are far nicer places to stay in Perth, with better service, better amenities and in a much better location. Don't let this hotel ruin your special holiday like it did ours.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CWPaddington
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I took my wife for a weekend away to Observation city and was very dissappointed in the decor and cost for what is supposed to be a 4 star hotel. The decor was very dated and looks like it was fitted out in the early 80's. The service was ok. The beach area of Scarborough was really lovely and have since moved to the area.
the hotel outside was only half painted and now 3 years later I live down the road and still has not been finished.........ITS STILL HALF PAINTED!!!....i will have to attach a pic

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Perthgaz
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We stayed at Observation city for 3 nights in early August. While the hotel is very 1980's and the facilities are consequently showing their age, it is immaculately maintained and spotlessly clean. Every room has a view of the fabulous Scarborough beach with a balcony and outdoor furniture to make the most of it.

Service from the staff was very good from the time we arrived until, and after, we left. I accidently left a bag in the room when we left, and received a phone call within an hour to ask did we want it sent to the airport or would we pick it up later. I picked it up 4 days later and the staff on duty were aware I was to be there on that day at approximately that time and had the bag waiting for me, even though we were not staying there again.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple