2,768 results
All reviews runway view melbourne airport airo restaurant covered walkway across the road an early flight express checkout room service next morning international flight comfortable bed family room convenient location an upgrade buffet breakfast between flights mini bar
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Parkroyal Melbourne Airport is an ideal hotel when you need close access to the airport at reasonable price. Rooms are clean and convenience of a good restaurant is important.
Great for business stays

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group
GeneralManagerPRML, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear CharlesMac195,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport.

I was pleased to note that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your evaluation will be shared with our team. It is through continuous feedback, from guests such as yourselves, that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guest's expectations.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Had to wait between flights for approximately 12 hours so I took a day room at the Park Royal Hotel. This is a great offering as it is much cheaper than an overnight room but with all the same advantages. I watched tellie, had a sleep, took a bath and had lunch in their restaurant which incidentally served the nicest chips I have ever eaten! The room was immaculately clean and considering the hotel is right next to the airport, surprisingly quiet. I look forward to my next layover. In Melbourne!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Roslyn35

Dear Roslyn35,

Reviewed 9 December 2017

We stayed here, just for an overnight and it was exactly what we needed to check-in to. Our flight was delayed by an hour, so our arrival time was even later than what we expected. This is the second airport hotel I have had the pleasure of staying in, it was nice and cosy and felt like home. I didn't really get the chance to check out all the facilities or the restaurant but our room was good, clean and the bathroom was big. Tullamarine airport is right across, so this was very convenient. We didn't have any issues with hearing the planes take off and arrive so you can get a goodnight's rest and some quality sleep.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Irene C,

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Fab view of the city - large comfortable bed. Only downside very expensive. We went back into the terminal for breakfast as Hotel breakfast very pricey if you just want a little to eat. We would stay again as no ta

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group
GeneralManagerPRML, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear Geoffreycharlesb,

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We arrived into Melbourne from an international flight at about 9:30pm. We had pre-booked the top of the line runway view, spa-suite and advised the hotel that we wouldn't arrive until at least 9pm.

Upon arrival, I was told by the front desk that our room might not be ready yet. I expressed surprise as it was well past normal check in time and I had arrived within 20 minutes of the time previously advised.

After a few minutes, all smiles, and we were given a key to 'our' room.

When we got into the room, we immediately noticed that:
1. it was not a suite;
2. it had no spa bath; and
3. it had no view of the runway.

I immediately called the main service number and was told that I had an executive room. I expressed extreme surprise as it was not was paid for. I asked to speak to the manager and was told that I was. I asked to be put into the correct room. The "manager" told me that he had nothing on the system and provided I could provide him with written proof he could see what he could do.

I was less than polite and told him the confirmation of reservation was on my phone and I would give it to the hotel in the morning.

He told me that he wasn't moving me. I firmly expressed surprise that I wouldn't get what I paid for.

He told me that as far as he was concerned, I could leave the hotel as he wasn't moving my room under any circumstances.

My wife and I immediately went down to reception and very politely showed the same check-in clerk my reservation confirmation on my phone and told him that there had been a terrible mistake.

Not surprisingly we were immediately given keys to a new room that ... surprise, surprise has the view, spa bath and seperate lounge!

Amazing!!!

In order to cool down and settle into the room, we ordered some room service and the bottle of wine ordered was duly delivered. Shortly after room service left, we noticed that the bottle had a cork and the room didn't have a cork screw!

We recalled room service and a lovely staff member came in about 3 minutes later and opened the bottle, all the while holding a lovely conversation with us both.

What we found out was that the majority of the hotel staff, including David the General Manager of the hotel, were at the staff Christmas party.

Clearly the 'manager' left behind was Hobson's choice.

Next time, if I could make a recommendation to David and the owners of the hotel, when you all leave the premises to go and party ... leave someone who cares about your business in charge.

Room Tip: Hopefully the one you actually paid for!!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Richard M
GeneralManagerPRML, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Mr Mulligan,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us following your most recent stay at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport.

We are sorry to hear about your experience during your stay at the hotel. I am glad that that we were able to resolve the situation offline and would like to sincerely thank you for your time and understanding during this process.

Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards and we hope to be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.