All reviews nice hotel would definitely stay here again business trip large bathroom rooms are clean in house great place to stay old world charm enjoyed my stay oliver's restaurant easy access bridal party excellent friendly service memorable experience conference team restaurant manager across the road
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The staff are great bot front and back of house. The only I've noticed they don't have supplies toothpaste and tooth brush. As a frequent traveler I expected that they have those basic guest needs. The restaurant was closed to the guest and I expected to be open as I'm attending a conference in their premises. I need to go out and look for the shop. I rang the reception few times but new one answering or maybe short staff etc.
I just want to think the housekeeping as they've done their job professionally.

Room Tip: If you staying for a short period. The location is not suitable as too far away from the city
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Enrique V
OrlandoB553, Manager at Canterbury International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for the great review & suggestions.

Your suggestion will be shared with our management team as part of our ongoing commitment to exceeding our guests expectations.

Our team work hard to give excellent service and we really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

We hope to see you again soon.
The Canterbury International Hotel Team!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Nestled in one of the suburbs in Melbourne, easy access by transport - bus and taxis. Although not very big, it is cosy and well established offering a simple and yet affordable menu. Rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff are accommodating.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Anyone travelling or wanting a hotel on the east side of melbourne look no further. The hotel is excellent and made that way by the excellent staff in all departments but particular mention to reception personnel who made my stay away from home a really pleasant and enjoyable experience.
I will be back and no need to look around, I will book the Clarion Inn on Canterbury.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Spent almost a week here on a business trip.
Lovely hotel with great service.Wifi free and great quality.
Pool slightly disappointing.
Outdoor terrace lovely to sit and relax.
Food not much choice but good standard. the breakfast by far the best meal eaten here.
All very clean and well maintained.
Not much in area around hotel if you wanted to venture out on foot.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Our Company had a 30th Anniversary celebration here on Saturday 17/2. Consequently a lot of our guests stayed here too. What a wonderful night it was. Staff absolutely top class, always there before and during the event, but never intrusive. Food was amazing, rooms, well not one complaint from any of our guests, only praise! Breakfast in the morning was pretty good too, a wonderful way to finish our time at The Clarion. Housekeeping is often a let down wherever you go in the world, but not here. My next event is a big birthday in June, we will be back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business