“Disappointing Lunch”

Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Bargara
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kacy's Restaurant is located on Bargara Beach in the heart of town; our focus is on popular food Australians like to eat every day. All ingredients are prepared by hand using fresh Queensland produce where possible. Kacys’ has an extensive wine cellar with over 2500 bottles a great range of draught and bottle beer’s we take particular care in presenting great draught beer chilled to perfection. The location and ambience of Kacys has to be experienced as working here is a delight. We look forward too seeing you soon.
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Returned to the restaurant after previously really enjoying it. What a disappointment.
Prices have risen. Pay extra for sides and sauces. Very expensive and very ordinary. Lacklustre service, mixed up drinks order twice.
I won't be back.

3  Thank Celeste123332

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We dropped in here on a beautiful summer’s morning for coffees. My husband was drawn to the fact that he would receive a free biscuit with any coffee purchase! Staff were very pleasant and the ambience was lovely – really nice area, comfy chairs and beautiful view across to the water.

We ordered a coffee and I chose a tropical fruit frappe. My husband’s coffee arrived without the biscuit so I asked the waitress when she returned with my drink, whether the biscuit was included. She said no. I mentioned the sign out the front and she went and had a look, then said she’d ask the kitchen. She returned with a sad little biscuit (although homemade so that was a bonus) without an apology. Not a big deal, just would have been nice to have a, “Sorry for the confusion” as we understand these things happen. My frappe came in a cocktail class and for the price, was tiny and very disappointing. It didn’t taste like fresh juice and I could have bought a large fresh juice from a juice bar for the same price.

A little disappointing for such a beautiful spot.

2  Thank lifelovetravelfood1
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Unpleasant, poor experience at Kacy's. Get there early as service is slow and it'll take you until about next year to filter through the 7 page menu. That said.. you'd be lucky to even get ahold of the menu because despite all the vacant tables, they turn A LOT of people away at the door. The food is fairly average but outrageously overpriced. Biggest disappointment of the night was the mudcake desert. I know a woolies mudcake when I see one.

3  Thank Millie N
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Family dinner at Kacys on a Wednesday night. Saw them turning people away and thought good that we’d booked....
Then we saw the menu.....pages and pages of stuff and the alarm bells were ringing.
We decided to keep it simple - oysters and calamari to start. Oysters quite warm....calamari truly awful.....
Main courses....we wanted to order a steak and substitute out the mash potato offered for French fries. We were told this could not be done...unless we cancelled the mash and then paid extra for the French Fries as a side order....really ???
This then drew our attention to just how expensive it is - all main courses. And they wanted to make extra out of side orders....
The fears about the huge menu also came to fruition...the seafood Thai curry clearly assembled and not cooked fresh.
Dessert was the worst part....chocolate mud cake...in fact not that at all. At best a piece of Woolworths dry chocolate cake....awful.
There was an undercurrent of surliness in the service as well....
Hugely expensive and disappointing. Avoid.

4  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We visited Kacy's on a recommendation, the service is poor and the waitresses have 'attitude', certainly not the helpful customer first service you would expect, in fact on the verge of rude.
The food was mediocre, I'm sure mainly due to the fact that they have such a huge menu, right from the start it leaves you wondering how the place can cope when it has five pages of food to choose from.
The starters arrived fairly quickly but the mains took a long time to arrive, chicken that was ordered was dry and unappetising. On the whole I wouldn't say this place is terrible, it's just very ordinary and had a 'mass produced' feel to it, much like TGI Fridays.

4  Thank paulanicholls1