“"Duke's on Sunday" - or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...”
Review of Duke's Beach House

Duke's Beach House
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Honoapiilani Hwy
Description: Located just steps from the sand, our striking open-air restaurant offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean along Kaanapali North Beach at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients are featured throughout the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The cuisine is Hawaiian influenced with a focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and premium steaks. In keeping with the tradition of the Duke’s restaurants in Hawaii and California, Duke’s Beach House boasts a casual, nostalgic ambiance honoring the great Duke Kahanamoku.
Reviewed 29 May 2021

We stay next door and always pop over to Duke's for at least one meal. This visit we came for breakfast, which wasn't my favorite, but their happy hour, lunch and dinner menus are amazing. Drinks - yum! Views - terrific! Service - friendly! Definitely go... any day of the week.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (6,188)

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Great meal excellent service. yes you are paying nearly $20 per drink but the view and the service and the food are spectacular. definitely do not miss in Maui. phenomenal ahi and other fresh fish cooked perfectly

Reviewed 27 May 2021

We found this place because our resort restaurant was closed. I had made a comment during the day after a scuba trip that the only thing I wanted to eat was a Yellow Fin Tuna Steak, kind of joking. I was completely shocked when we sat down here and their special of the day was a seared Yellow Fin Tuna Steak. And boy was I not disappointed.
We ate at Dukes's our last two nights and I ordered the same thing both times. I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I ever had. Maybe because of the atmosphere and maybe because the food was excellent. We had a horrible experience visiting Hawaii (my first time), but this place was a true highlight. Duke's help us salvage a good memory from bad one. I will always remember sitting there and watching the sunset with my wife and thinking, I will remember this moment long after I am gone.
To the ladies at the front, thank you for getting us a table with such a great view. And our waiters, you did a great job.

Reviewed 21 May 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch and had terrific service! Great location and view out to the beach. Worth the visit!

Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

We go to Duke’s every time we are lucky enough to visit Maui. It is definitely our favorite place on the island. The service is great, the view is fantastic, and the food is excellent. We usually have dinner, but couldn’t get a reservation due to covid space restrictions, so we went there for lunch instead, expecting a line. There wasn’t one! We got a perfect table at the deck rail, and had a perfect lunch, finishing with the perfect Hula Pie.