See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I was pleased with my stay at Hotel Kokomo. The rates are affordable. It's situated right in front of the ferry terminal so there is always easy access to transportation. The hotel room its self was small, but clean and the AC worked well. The only reason I did not give a 5 star rating is because staff feels nonexistent. Upon arriving, reception was closed even though we were there during their operational hours which were posted on the door LOL. I retrieved my room key from the barrista on the first floor. Overall, I had a good experience and I would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We were so afraid to book this place because of all the negative reviews. It honestly wasn't that bad. Management is kind of hard to reach but you can just go downstairs to the bar and the bartender there will help you out with everything. The room is small and basic but that's pretty much what you're paying for. Location wise, it doesn't get better. If you're on a budget and want to say in Culebra this is the place for you. If you're a picky person then you should go elsewhere

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meydell C
Reviewed 17 March 2017

evious reviews tell the story... it's a squewed hotel /BnB market in Culebra... it seems EVERYTHING is expensive and many with service/quality issues. Kokomo is an aging property, in decline. Small rooms with barely the basics, badly maintained... the fan didn't work, the sink was about to fall off the wall, the shower curtain didn't reach down to block water from going on the floor; you had to enter then close the door before going into the room b/c of no room, the room wasn't made up between nights; oh and then there were the two roaches, mama roach and baby roach. "Water bugs" if you prefer. But the worst part was the management just didn't seem to care. About the property, about the guests. Yes, we were supposed to shift to a lesser room the second night, and they let us stay, but it was with such lack of customer service or enthusiasm from start to finish. That said, great location right across from the ferry if you're there without a car, walking distance to all the restaurants, shuttle bus to beach at your door; the cleaning staff were cheery and helpful. ... and the ISLAND IS AMAZING! Bring ear plugs and a sense of humor, and this budget option will be 'just fine'.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcmermaid
Reviewed 10 January 2017

This is a hotel to take a shower, sleep and put your suitcase in. Nothing more. our room was kind of dirty, no amenities whatsoever, two beds and a roof . thank goodness air condition was working. Culebra is a great place stay somewhere else if you can

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Julio M
Reviewed 24 July 2016

.... I decided to go even with the bad reviews because some of the reviews were saying that it was clean. It wasn't the case for me. My room wasn't really clean when i got it and my bathroom had mold on the faucet. The Air conditionning was working, i had a bed to sleep and hot shower I didn't need much but the condition for me that it has to be clean.....
On friday and saturday night this is karaoke nights at the sandbard which is on the hotel's ground floorl.... The bass on these nights made some big vibrations on my room and it was difficult to sleep before 2 am. So beware. The other nights were ok as i stayed in the hotel or hostel for 7 nigths.

The only things that seemed clean to me in the room where the bedsheet the bed cover was not, the floor, the furniture were not.... The furniture was in poor state.

Date of stay: June 2016