See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016

.... I decided to go even with the bad reviews because some of the reviews were saying that it was clean. It wasn't the case for me. My room wasn't really clean when i got it and my bathroom had mold on the faucet. The Air conditionning was working, i had a bed to sleep and hot shower I didn't need much but the condition for me that it has to be clean.....
On friday and saturday night this is karaoke nights at the sandbard which is on the hotel's ground floorl.... The bass on these nights made some big vibrations on my room and it was difficult to sleep before 2 am. So beware. The other nights were ok as i stayed in the hotel or hostel for 7 nigths.

The only things that seemed clean to me in the room where the bedsheet the bed cover was not, the floor, the furniture were not.... The furniture was in poor state.

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Aurore_B_MTL
Reviewed 13 May 2016

The only reason I booked this place was because of its location, we jumped on the ferry early morning (on time, no problems) and arrived to culebra, walked across to the hotel, checked in at the bar which also serves as a front desk, they gave us a room in the second floor, there's no elevator so try to keep the baggage to a minimum, we left the bags and walked to carlos car rental for our golf cart (believe me you need this!), it was about a 15 minute walk. The room is worn out, the bed is just a matress on top of an old metal frame, you get a night stand with a lamp, the ac worked ok, Wi-Fi was on and off, the bathroom was pretty small, I used flip flops on the shower because of other reviews, don't expect hot water, lukewarm at most, I parked my golf cart right outside the hotel, we didn't hear any loud noises from the bar. In the morning I walked up to the third floor terrace and the view was just spectacular, I think that was the best part of this stay. The last day and after exploring the beaches everyday we returned the golf cart, make sure you refuel, there's a little gas pump down the corner from the hotel, walked back to the hotel, the guy from hotel was nice enough to hold our bags after check out, we picked up the bags and walked across to jump on the ferry.

Room Tip: Book the 3rd floor suite if you can. The view is just amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miguel B
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I like to travel cheap, which means that I have stayed in my fair share of dumpy places during my travels, however Hotel Kokomo Room #4 has made it onto my top-5 worst rooms list. Small room. Air conditioner was capable of cooling the room about 5 degrees F below outside temperature, possibly due to the fact that the windows wouldn't close all the way. Bed frame was built out of 2x6 lumber and was creaky. No box spring. Mattress was extremely uncomfortable - I could feel individual mattress springs. Lots of ambient noise from the ferry terminal area. Despite sending my arrival time to the hotel via their website, they seemed extremely surprised when I arrived and couldn't find my reservation information. Unless you absolutely HAVE to have the cheapest accommodations, I would recommend spending a bit more. You'll thank yourself, trust me.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlie S
Reviewed 12 March 2016

Management non existent.
Rooms dirty with left over rice on bedside table.
Electric plug on top of your head while showering. Bathroom smells of mold.
Stay away if you can afford it!!!!!
The island is worth the visit but can perfectly be done as a day trip.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank csmgm
Reviewed 7 March 2016

If the karaoke bar downstairs doesn't stop you from getting a good night's sleep, you'll find that your room has a squeky spring mattress that makes your back hurt while you keep switching the horribly loud AC unit on and off, trying to find an equilibrium between noise and tropical sweatiness. Some might also be concerned about the lack of windows or toilet door. Wireless internet barely worked at the room. Not recommended unless you are a deaf old hippie.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple