“Across from ferry terminal.”
Review of Hotel Kokomo

Hotel Kokomo
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Culebra
Reviewed 13 May 2016

The only reason I booked this place was because of its location, we jumped on the ferry early morning (on time, no problems) and arrived to culebra, walked across to the hotel, checked in at the bar which also serves as a front desk, they gave us a room in the second floor, there's no elevator so try to keep the baggage to a minimum, we left the bags and walked to carlos car rental for our golf cart (believe me you need this!), it was about a 15 minute walk. The room is worn out, the bed is just a matress on top of an old metal frame, you get a night stand with a lamp, the ac worked ok, Wi-Fi was on and off, the bathroom was pretty small, I used flip flops on the shower because of other reviews, don't expect hot water, lukewarm at most, I parked my golf cart right outside the hotel, we didn't hear any loud noises from the bar. In the morning I walked up to the third floor terrace and the view was just spectacular, I think that was the best part of this stay. The last day and after exploring the beaches everyday we returned the golf cart, make sure you refuel, there's a little gas pump down the corner from the hotel, walked back to the hotel, the guy from hotel was nice enough to hold our bags after check out, we picked up the bags and walked across to jump on the ferry.

Room Tip: Book the 3rd floor suite if you can. The view is just amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miguel B

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I like to travel cheap, which means that I have stayed in my fair share of dumpy places during my travels, however Hotel Kokomo Room #4 has made it onto my top-5 worst rooms list. Small room. Air conditioner was capable of cooling the room about 5 degrees F below outside temperature, possibly due to the fact that the windows wouldn't close all the way. Bed frame was built out of 2x6 lumber and was creaky. No box spring. Mattress was extremely uncomfortable - I could feel individual mattress springs. Lots of ambient noise from the ferry terminal area. Despite sending my arrival time to the hotel via their website, they seemed extremely surprised when I arrived and couldn't find my reservation information. Unless you absolutely HAVE to have the cheapest accommodations, I would recommend spending a bit more. You'll thank yourself, trust me.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlie S
Reviewed 12 March 2016

Management non existent.
Rooms dirty with left over rice on bedside table.
Electric plug on top of your head while showering. Bathroom smells of mold.
Stay away if you can afford it!!!!!
The island is worth the visit but can perfectly be done as a day trip.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank csmgm
Reviewed 7 March 2016

If the karaoke bar downstairs doesn't stop you from getting a good night's sleep, you'll find that your room has a squeky spring mattress that makes your back hurt while you keep switching the horribly loud AC unit on and off, trying to find an equilibrium between noise and tropical sweatiness. Some might also be concerned about the lack of windows or toilet door. Wireless internet barely worked at the room. Not recommended unless you are a deaf old hippie.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ljkarkk2
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

Ok like most of the reviews I agree it isn't five star but your not paying 5 star prices. I had a great room double bed with attached bathroom. It's the people right from the cleaner up to David the owner. Made my stay very easy and enjoyable a special thanks to Jessica with her company and tips on the island. I found the locals very warm and friendly and even had dinner last night with two residents at there house after a great day at two beaches. Overall I would highly recommend a stay here and I would definitely come back

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Ashbash1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
1.8 km away
22.6 km away
Tropical Guest House
Tropical Guest House
#3 of 27 in Isla de Vieques

Been to Hotel Kokomo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK