See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My friend and I got a last minute room because the ferry broke down..The room was super cheap. It needs a good update but I have to say it was very clean. We had a great time. The owner and the staff are all great people..for those people that are complaining I think you would be better off staying at the Ritz your next vaca...really?? People complaining about no room service??? What the he'll did you expect for $50 bucks a night,,chocolates on the pillow..i thought it was great and a great time to..i go to culebra a couple times a year and would Stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank jackiempr
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The island is beautiful and the beach better, everything started going wrong , when I got to kokomo, when I asked around , the people indicated me that the owner was a guy sitting outside with a beer on hand , and the beer was not the problem , the problem was that the guy was so drunk , that I had to asked him the same questions a few times and after a few times he got upset , anyhow , after we finally got into an agreement, I went in the room and it was OK it was clean and the air conditioning was working, that’s all I really needed I staid 2 nights

bad: the music was horrible ,I could not sleep at all , the costumer service also not good at least they should have somebody’s phone , so when people need a room we would not have to wait so long until someone arrives PS: the phone provided, no one would answer, and a lot of caos if you book ahead of time, if a room was promised and someone get there earlier , you won’t get the room you were promised.
Good: we were lucky to have such a wonderful lady come and clean the room, she was very polite, answered all our questions, and even when we wanted different sheet set and we had to go to a tour, she was kind enough “while we were out” she left it outside our door with a thank you note, she’s the reason the room was so clean, but too bad she only works 3 days a week ….. So overall it’s ok for the price, if you’re ready to deal with the issues. Good luck and enjoy yourself.

READ: DON’T GO TO THE CHINESSE RESTAURANT ON THE SIDE STREET NEXT TO HEATHERS PIZZA, THE LADY OVER CHARGES NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE SAYS ON MENU, AND IF YOU ASK WHY THE PRICE ,SHE STARTS MAKING UP STUFF EXAMPLE ON THE Menu it said a eggroll was 1.75$ but she charge me 2.25$ that’s 50cents more , and when asked she said it was the TAX the tax was .7 cents and she ALSO charge me on a pepper stake order, 2 dollars more , which I did not notice until the end , and she never gave me any receipts.

Room Tip: habitacion numero 8 , no se escucha casi el ruido
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jonh36
Culebra_Kokomo, Manager at Hotel Kokomo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2014

Your review indicates that the room was actually 'ok'. My apologies that you had a bad experience with a drunk in front of the hotel. Whoever he was, he is not the owner! The owner lives off island.
Your review states that we actually accommodated you, the lady catered to your 'sheet needs' and most of your rant was about the chinese restaurant.
Personally I would appreciate if you could alter your low ranking since it seems a bit unfair - no?

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I don't understand all the bad reviews...My 2 friends and I stayed here in the end of February. It was a great location...steps from the ferry. The only negative I have to say is that no one is there to help with your luggage. We stayed on the top floor (3rd Floor). VERY steep steps which have seen better days. For those of you who complain about the noise in the bar, we didn't hear anything from up there. There is a balcony that looks over the water and was beautiful for sunsets. It is nothing fancy, but if you are looking for 5 star, don't come to Culebra. We enjoyed our stay here very much. The room was clean and very comfortable (except the beds were a little hard, but oh well). All in all for the price, I would definately come back again so don't listen to these haters, lol. We LOVE Culebra.

Room Tip: Only stay on the third floor, these are the "penthouse" suites.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Elissa A
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I should have done more research before booking my room. The nearby karaoke bar blasted through the windows, yet the fan only worked on slow speed so closing them was out of the question. Several tiles were broken and the bed linens were stained and scratchy. Some of my belongings were stolen while I was out one day, in spite of the room being locked, so it clearly had been someone with access to a key, and when I brought it to the attention of management, they denied it was possible and told me to go to the police if I had such an issue with it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank teacup17
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We just stayed here for a night because I was afraid that all the other hotels will be fully booked. I have read horrible reviews about this hotel but I have no choice. We need a place to rest. I knew beforehand that the Karaoke bar downstairs will be loud so I booked the penthouse which is on the third floor. It definitely made a lot of difference since the noise level is not as bad as the second floor rooms which is directly above the karaoke bar. The hotel is located close to the ferry wharf and to the gas station so there is constant traffic. The penthouse was big. It has 2 rooms. 1 room with 3 beds and another room which only has a fan has 1 single bed. The bed is springy and some windows do not close so we had to put the thermostat to the lowest and the ceiling fan on to keep up with a comfy temp . There is a full kitchen with utensils so we were able to prepare breakfast before the flight back to Ceiba. There is a dining table for 6 persons and a sofa. The veranda overlooks the wharf. There is a wash tub on the second floor good for rinsing your wetsuits and snorkeling gears. We were so tired from snorkeling the whole day that the noise below didn't matter that much.

Room Tip: If you have no other option but to stay here, choose the penthouse room, quieter and roomier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple