See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We just stayed here for a night because I was afraid that all the other hotels will be fully booked. I have read horrible reviews about this hotel but I have no choice. We need a place to rest. I knew beforehand that the Karaoke bar downstairs will be loud so I booked the penthouse which is on the third floor. It definitely made a lot of difference since the noise level is not as bad as the second floor rooms which is directly above the karaoke bar. The hotel is located close to the ferry wharf and to the gas station so there is constant traffic. The penthouse was big. It has 2 rooms. 1 room with 3 beds and another room which only has a fan has 1 single bed. The bed is springy and some windows do not close so we had to put the thermostat to the lowest and the ceiling fan on to keep up with a comfy temp . There is a full kitchen with utensils so we were able to prepare breakfast before the flight back to Ceiba. There is a dining table for 6 persons and a sofa. The veranda overlooks the wharf. There is a wash tub on the second floor good for rinsing your wetsuits and snorkeling gears. We were so tired from snorkeling the whole day that the noise below didn't matter that much.

Room Tip: If you have no other option but to stay here, choose the penthouse room, quieter and roomier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank okidoc808
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Because I booked the hotel at last minute, so I had no choice. I can understand if there is nobody in the office since this is a small family run hotel. I can tolerate old cheap mattresses and sofa, no TV. At least the roof is high and spacious for a 6 people suite. The terrible thing is there is a KARAOKE bar at the first floor! They keep singing so loudly until 2 AM and I had to get up to buy ferry ticket at 5:30! We had to put tissue paper in our ears all night. OMG, this is the worst sleep experience ever. I could have called the police if I were in the continental USA.

I complained to the owner the second day and the reply was "It was a holiday, there is nothing I can do." Can you accept this excuse?

The only positive thing about this place is its location. It is right by the ferry and at the 3rd floor (where the suite is), the view is great. Other than that, there is nothing I would recommend!!

In one sentence, stay away from this place.

Room Tip: book here only if you need to buy ferry tickets.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank snail_chen
Reviewed 5 May 2013

READ BEFORE U BOOK! ***Ik its long but do read***
Wouldnt have been able to sleep if i hadnt wrote this..didnt want this to happen to anyone else.
Booked 5 nightson Priceline before we came Culebra. Got here right at check-in time and no one was in the office to check us in or even talk to. The sign on the door said check in @ the bar below (turns out bartender is part owner of hotel) so my husband went in. The guy was so drunk he couldnt talk straight..my huband showed him our confirmation # and info and the guy kept saying we were not booked and to tell Priceline to #*&#*. We got nowhere w him so we waited for someone else to come..over TWO hrs went by. Mind u i have a 1 year old...it was awful. We called and left messages as the sign showed and emailed w no reply...btw still do not have reply.
Stressed out and blinking back tears..had my husband start asking people around for help. The locals we talked to couldnt help us find the owner...**they had 1 piece of advice for us DO NOT STAY HERE.** One of them helped us get another place to stay. (BTW the ppl around here are
amazing..all over!
We end up at the LaRomana Apartments and we had a very nice stay! Everything is so clean and nice and they have hot water. The owners were very nice as well! We will be back here for sure! TRUST ME..we stayed at another place that had good reviews.....an it was AWFUL..it had cockroaches and was dirty (even though ppl said it was clean!) So be careful even if people say the place is good...read all the reviews closely..
One last thing i wanted to mention is we called Priceline to see if they could help us cancel this booking or take it off our card because of the circumstances and they were NO help at all. We ended up calling our credit card company and told them the story and they took care of it so fast!

Hope this can help someone avoid this!! This is the most amazing place you cannot miss out on Flamenco Beach!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
9  Thank mylittlebeachbum
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Ok watt you need to know this is lack no Oder beautiful amazing please! Whether is variable full sun to the rainiest day! We rent a golf car is the best way to get around take sun block you will need it! End pack a sweeter my room was not the best but my time deer was water is cold the hotel hat no hot water

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank weTraveltheworld1
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Do NOT waste your money!! $44 is too much to pay! I wouldnt stay again if you pid me!! I can't say 1 good thing.
Stayed here 5 nights in room 4 & it was worst experience ever!! Room was filthy, rusted lamp with no shade that didn't work, terrible cheap plastic covered old mattress, nasty stained pillows (look under pillow case OMG) bathroom was disgusting & had terrible odor and WORST part was we NEVER had HOT water!! Took cold showers who stay. Contacted management several times & all they could say was sorry!! Are you kidding? My husband is military & said he had much nicer accommodations when at war, if that says anything! Tried leaving after first night but was unable to find other vacancy on island. ONLY reason we endured this horrific place. Will NEVER return!!

• Stayed: March 2013