“Thursday Night Berkeley, CA”

Capt Dan Classic Sails Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: I love to sail! I do customized sail trips and sailing lessons designed to be just what you want and when you want. If it sounds like fun to you it will probably sound like fun to me - so let's do it!
San Ramon, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thursday Night Berkeley, CA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Dan is GREAT! Perfect person to set sail with your first time. He knows what hes doing and makes everyone feel comfortable and at ease on his boat. He is great about letting you in on what hes doing around the boat. I learned tons and Ive only been sailing with him three times. I would recommend sailing with Capt. Dan to anyone. Great experience!!!

Visited June 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Falmouth
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fabulous , fun day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Sailed to Culebrita on the first day of our vacation. Great way to begin to relax. The ride to Culebrita was beautiful. Dan is knowledgable and pointed out things of interest along the way. Let my daughter help sail the boat. Really made us feel comfortable, even reminding us to put on lotion frequently, providing an underwater camera and snorkels and being patient when I was afraid to jump into the water. Showed us interesting spots on the island that we would not have found on our own. Don't forget your Tivas for hiking,Dan gave us recommendations for dining and other things to do on Culebra. Homeless dog cafe was an excellent recommendation after a long day on the water, great food, promptly delivered to our room at Club Seaborne. Great value, wish we could go again!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Captain Dan saves the day again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

A few friends & I were on a sailing charter in the SVI's. The dinghy that came with our rental conked out on our trip back to our sailboat in the harbor of Dewey, Culebra. There was no way we could make it back out to our boat. We tied up the dinghy and headed into town to seek help. The only place open at 10PM was called Dinghy Dock. We asked the bartender if he could help and he passed us along to Capt. Dan. Dan was happy to help us out. He brought us to his beautiful boat and proceeded to sail us out to our boat, laughing and joking all the way. This guy really knows his stuff. He sailed us at night, through this crowded harbor, no motor and was able to pull us up right to our sailboat. He wouldn't accept so much as a beer for his trouble. A class act. I can only imagine his sailing trips are awesome. Thanks Dan!

Upstate
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Yee Haw !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

There's a guy having some fun ! Rained like hell for a while with a burst of shifty, gusty wind and we still had a ball. Major equipment malfunction, fixed it and carried on. No worries. Beautiful sailing, beautiful hiking, exploring, eating and drinking. The guy's got a lot of nerve charging for this. I suspect he would be doing exactly the same thing every day even if he didn't have a customer. In fact, I'm sure of it.

1 Thank nyramblinman
San Francisco, CA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Went for a nighttime sail with Dan and it was beautiful! Lovely to be out under the stars with no motor, just the sound of the sail flapping in the wind. He also does day trips to Culebrita which friends of mine went on and loved. Highly recommended!

2 Thank sunnyday888