“Good hotel for the family and for relax time”

Courtyard Aguadilla
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aguadilla
“Good hotel for the family and for relax time”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I'm very upset with the Lost & Found Department and Housekepping, because i miss something on the room's closet and i call many times for claim my stuff and never call back. It's the only complain i have.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank LeslieValentin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Cidra, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I went for a family stay with my kids. Facility looks good for being formerly a military hospital. Lobby is ok, and the casino was bigger than I thought. Rooms were clean, but they left just one big towel for a room for 4 occupants the first day, the next day I had to ask for towels because they did put no towels (the maid I asked the towels nicely gave me the towels). The pool looks and was cool, until I get into it: water had a lot of chlorine, so much that I cannot see my feet at 3 feet deep, and barely at 1 feet, I expected a lot more from Marriot. Restaurant was very good, breakfast quality was excellent, and personnel in the restaurant was attentive. I found the price expensive considering that I paid $60 per night nearby Tampa, FL for a room of superior quality, but this is Puerto Rico (expensive!) and the Tampa hotel did not have so much ammenities.

In summary, clean the pool's water, watch details in the # of occupants at housekeeping and please put an ice machine for the guy at the pool bar, so he doesn't have to go back and forth to look for ice and leave the bar unattended. Do all this, keep the rest good, and you would have a good hotel. Tks!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nelson B
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night for business. We had our kids with us and they shut the pool early
Hotel AC went out , elevators went out. Service in the restaurant was so bad at one point I said to the waiter " should we just serve ourselves "

The price for the room is crazy compared to what they should charge for this property. Marriott needs topic in new management for sure

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank amandap24

Travellers are raving about these Aguadilla hotels

NY NY
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I am a marriott rewards customer and I have stayed at various Marriotts throughout the US and Puerto Rico, and the Aguadilla Marriott is an embarrassment. For $170 a night, you should - at least -expect a clean hotel?! Rugs were dirty and need serious vacuum; the coffee maker, seemingly tacky, plastic ... the aesthetics in Aguadilla is a shame. Marriott has a very important "trade name" and when I see the name I had associated it with some form of excellence, but this place was just awful. Our room was large and internet and TV expected, for $170 (includes taxes), but come on.... this is a Marriott?! We had originally booked 5 days here, thank God we modified it for only 2! By the way, big time deal - NO FRIDGE in the room!!!! believe that!!!! Terrible. Where is the "customer" care here?

The only plus about this place is that it is next to the Boriquen Airport and if you are leaving from here, only book 1 night. Don't expect much. There are way better places in the area-trust me for ambiance and some sense of customer respect. Lastly, the Casino here, which is not operated by Marriott, is a "pit." Maybe, Marriott should just "dis-associate" itself from this complex, sell it or close it. It has a name to protect.

Now, as usual, you will like see a response from someone a Marriott's client services to this review; ignore it, it is boilerplate and lacks the personal touch that one should expect from Marriott - which was totally lacking here.

Very unhappy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank otissito
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I said I wouldn't go back but circumstances for work put me back at the Marriott. The weekday breakfast buffett is still gross after numerous times that I have sent iformation to the corporate offices. The room I had this time was not cleaned during the day, no maid service at all. Glad I only stayed two nights. I tried to have dinner when I got in at 10pm but was told the kitchen was closed. Yet, when I tried the bar in the casino, could order cooked food from the "closed" kitchen. That's customer service island style. In the three times that I have stayed there for work, only one time did I have a room with a fully functioning AC unit but at least this time I had a wash cloth. Small victories at the worst Marriott that I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the Villa Montana up the road.