See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2015

The location in Great Harbour is perfect if you enjoy a bit of nightlife! Easy taxi ride to White Bay for the day and then stay where all the action is at night! If you stay on WhiteBay it is hard to find somewhere to eat or play in the evenings. I've stayed at most locations on the island and since they opened this has been our go to spot. The rooms are lovely with high wood ceilings and extremely clean. The front room has an ocean view with a cozy balcony. The rooms have ceiling fans and air conditioning.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SheilaOH
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I have stayed at all locations on the island, as JVD is my " Hide out " I'll come for short and long stays as often as I can.

Ali Baba's has the nicest, newest room on the island in my opinion. Always clean, cold AC, very modern bathrooms , ceiling fans etc.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just back from another week long stay at Ali Baba's. It was wonderful. Room was clean, everything worked and had the best location. Enjoyed Urinthia's cooking - her Red Snapper dish is to die for. Can't wait to I return next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank John Michael L
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We grew tired of our sleeping berth on the Catamaran and stumbled on Ali Baba's - Ali Baba himself was making jewelry by hand and was interesting, pleasant, and had a contagious laugh. We were looking for a standard room and were told they had just three $140, $150, and $160 - so we asked to have a look. We were shown to a wonderful brand new room with a true bathroom and shower, fluffy pillows, clean sheets, that all looked to be basically brand new. We asked what we get for $10 more? Ocean view. Sold. The best room in the house opens up onto the veranda over the restaurant and offers sweeping views of the bay and the main happenings of JVD main 'street' - windows closed at night and AC and it was really quiet even with the happenings and fun being had all night. Highly recommended. Food was great - best breakfast in the islands. And they make a hot sauce that is so fiery and delicious - and i like hot - but this is like explosive heat. It melts your teeth hot. I asked Ali if he had a milder version, his response 'we havent gotten that far yet' - use sparingly. Three drops will get you through a meal! Clean and tidy, they show respect for their property. Free Tshirts on departure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rscimagery
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Ali Baba's Heavenly Rooms are new, clean, bright and wonderful. The location is between Corsairs and Foxy's in Great Harbor and right next to the Police Station. Just spent 6 nights there and really enjpyed my time. Urinthia's cooking was wonderful. The internet access was great (CCI Subscription) The AC was excellent and the toilet facilities were very clean. Highly recommend the place. I plan on staying here when I return to Jost next year.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms and I had the downstairs room on the side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo