White Bay Villas & Seaside Cottages(Jost Van Dyke)
US$ 356
US$ 340
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Sebastian's on the Beach(Road Town)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
US$ 153
US$ 294
US$ 244
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 335
HotelsClick
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 443
The Sea Crest Inn(Jost Van Dyke)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewssoggy dollargarden cottageac roomsand castlebeach frontgreat place to get awaywater pressurebayferryunitsbreeze
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We kinda call this luxury camping ... Clearly not a traditional 5 star experience ... But the location is perfect ... The staff is outstanding ... And the cottages / rooms are nicely furnished.

Early mornings and evenings ... You have the beach to yourselves .. Then around 10 AM the boats start to arrive & its people watching & party time.

Highly recommend !

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank KRB4646
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I was reluctant to book the Sandcastle Hotel, due to the sheer amount of boaters I have seen in the past converging on the Soggy Dollar Bar attached to the hotel. Our Garden Cottage was perfect! The staff was great, and there were separate areas on the beach for guests only! We were treated great by the bar staff at The Soggy Dollar, and given priority ordering most of the time. The only reason I say most of the time is due to the sheer number of people at the bar. Once they saw me, it was what "what can I get you" almost immediately.

Room Tip: Garden Cottages are quieter during the day, if you just need quiet time. All Cottages are quiet at night!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry-Dani
Reviewed 1 May 2016

We have been to Jost for the day several times but this was our first time staying. The staff at Sandcastle were amazing - extremely attentive and focused on ensuring our stay was relaxing and worry free. Rooms were clean - food was amazing and the bartenders (especially JJ) were always ready to show us a good time. Can't say enough about this place - we booked our next week before we even left and I am already counting down the days until we get to return. Some of the nicest people I've ever met - they made you feel like family.......

Room Tip: There are only six room total (we stayed in two) garden and beach front both were great!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ricci233
Reviewed 5 April 2016

To start off, the location of this hotel is unbeatable. White Bay has some of the most whites,t softest sands and the clearest waters in the Caribbean. The hotel is comprised of 6 villas/ huts. 2 right at the beach, and the other 4 progressively further back. The furthest room is only 20 seconds walking distance from the front rooms. My wife and I chose to stay in room 2. This was on of the beach front rooms with no AC. We kept the windows open and the fans on the whole time and we had no trouble sleeping at all. The other couples we talked to who had the AC rooms told us they never even turned them on. I would highly recommend taking the front rooms. The view is unbeatable and you get your own hammock.

The rooms themselves are fairly average. The are ceramic tile floors and beach-e furniture. There is a safe for valuable and a blow dryer if needed. It does have a living room and a small bathroom but the shower is adjoined outside, through the bathroom. I actually enjoyed taking a shower is looking up to see the stars. You also have to be aware there are mosquitos that can sneak into the room. We saw a few but the fans keep them at bay. Overall, the rooms are fairly generic.

Starting around 10:00am every morning, the boats will start to anchor and the bay will fill up with lots of people. Being that you are located right next to the Soggy Dollar Bar, it will be busy. Luckily for me, being that I was an actual guest, I just skipped the line. They have you picture and remember you by your room number. This may not be a policy but it worked. You will quickly learn that it nicer when the "boat people" leave for the day. I was once a "boat pearson" myself.

Early mornings and evenings are the best. When everything closes its quiet and you have the whole beach to yourself. Its is quiest amazing how many more stars you see here at night. During the day, I would recommend grabing some snorkel gear (they provide for free) and to the end of the beach on the right (a couple hundred yards). I swam out along the rock a few hundred yards out and saw tons of fish, brain coral, and small brown and white octopus. It was a good time to get away from the crowds.

Lastly, I recommend going out at breakfast time and reserving a beach hammock and a few chairs, to ensure you have the best spot before the crowd arrives. Also be prepared to pay for every sinlge meal, nothing is included. Beakfast is around $25 per couple. Lunch around $30 and dinner around $70. Try one of the root beers they have at the Soggy Dollar. Once you take a few drinks, get them to add a shot of dark rum. Forgive my misspelling as it's saying my entire post is misspelled.

Room Tip: Beach front room is the best!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jebritt3099
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

After 4 years and 3 of these at Soggy Dollar and Sandcastle it's time to call it a day due to the subtle but distinct changes that have occurred. At first it is paradise but now the standard of service and the creeping habit of disregarding residents, treating them just like the masses that pour off the multitude of boats each day to fight their way to the bar just to get served. When issues arise then the staff are right and the guests are wrong attitude is one of the reasons we will not be back. Watch your charged accounts and better to pay as you go.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple