All reviewsthe galleysofawaitresshallwaytravelerssupper
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 6pm and went straight to the restaurant, but we were told it could be a 1 hour wait. We waited in our room for 30 minutes and then we were called to the restaurant. After taking our order we waited another 30 minutes. When the food finally came it was a disappointment.
The room however, was a surprise in that it contained a nice sitting area with a kitchen.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip C
RestlandMotel, General Manager at Restland Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Good day Phillip,

Thank you for your review of our business. As new owners of this small family business, customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal and your feedback is very important to us. Please feel free to contact our Reservations Management Team toll free at 1-800-205-3993 and one of our friendly and professional staff will be happy to discuss your experience.

Management & Crew

“The Restland Motel & Suites, Galley Restaurant, Wheelhouse Pub & Eastern Edge Boat Tours - Food, Music, Family, Friends, Comfort & Tradition United!”

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Great spot with pub and restaurant. Good food and service. Rooms clean and upgraded although a little small but great for a one night stay. Everything you need is close by (ie LCBO...). Very friendly staff and locals (seems to be the trend out here). Didn't get a chance to check out other spots in town (ie the "night life") as we were just passing through.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Good day Gary,

Thank you for your review of our business. As new owners of this small family business, customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal and your feedback is very important to us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

How surprised I was when I checked into this motel that turned out to be an older hotel like property. The picture of the motel online shows rooms with cars parked just outside and I expected to be given a room there. However, I was given a room that was back a hallway of this older building, up several stairs and back another very long hall. It was also an efficiency and I did not need that or even use anything in the kitchen as I was only staying one night. The person at the desk was new and didn't seem to know what she was doing. After lugging everything to the room down those long hallways, we found a pleasant and spacious room that had been rehabilitated sometime in the past and was nicely painted. The bathroom appeared to be clean except for the long hair that graced the toilet lid and the hairs that floated in the toilet water. There was a generous supply of soaps and shampoo. We enjoyed a Keurig machine in the kitchen.

Unfortunately when we pulled the covers of the one bed down, there was a black hair on the sheet. How gross! The lighting also presented problems. There was a reading light over each of the beds and one didn't even have a light bulb in it. The ceiling light in the kitchen was also not lighting as was the overhead light in the bedroom. The floor lamp by the sofa had a faulty switch that had to be jiggled to get it to work.

About 1:30am, noisy neighbors came through the hall with boisterous laughing and loud talking.

We did enjoy a very pleasant and tasty meal in the restaurant but our waiter didn't give us the "staying discount" of 10% and no tax was charged. I asked about the tax and he just shrugged. I also had to tell him he needed me to sign the credit paper.

The next morning when I checked out I mentioned about all the lights not working in the room and the employee wrote all the info down. Then I found out that the employee who had checked me in the night before charged my credit card what she said was "just putting a hold on until I checked out." That charge was returned to my credit card and the correct charge was made. In addition I mentioned about the fiasco of paying for the meal the night before and I was given the 10% discount I was entitled to with a lot of apologies.
With all the negatives and problems, I would suggest travelers just ride by this one and head on to a nicer property.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maptrotter62

Good day,

Reviewed 3 December 2016

I went to the restaurant to have breakfast. I didn't stay at the motel.
The food is very good and the place very cozy. Service was fast enough. The environment is very clean and well decorated. Prices are fair.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank arrobarriba

Thank you for your kind review!

We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast at The Galley Restaurant! All of our meals are prepared fresh and served with Traditional Newfoundland pride.
As a small family business, customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal and your feedback is very important to us. We certainly look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

After a very long day touring in the rain we stopped in without reservations. Fortunately there was a cancellation and we were able to have 2 rooms. The beds are comfortable the dinning room lovely with a diverse menu and the pub and local folks very nice. We would stay again thank you for the nice memories and happy 1 st anniversary. Cheers. Mitch & Doug. From SMRR. Yukon

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mitchyc

Thanks Mitch & Doug!

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay.
As a small family business, customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal and your feedback is very important to us. We certainly look forward to seeing you again!