All reviewsnational holidayscoach tripcoach partiesbreakfast staffwould stay againstayed here for one nightevening mealcomfy bedfood was lovelybreakfast was excellentsteam roomcar parkgood nights sleepchester zoofull englishliverpoolwedding
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed here with my 12 year old daughter for a one night treat.after day in Chester and it had a swimming pool . Staff were pleasant enough but seemed to be too busy with about 3 coach loads most of the stay . I asked when should I pay for breakfast , now or when I pay on leaving , and was told it is £10 each now or £15 each at breakfast , GOOD JOB I CHECKED as on the phone I was not told this , oh and also they would need an additional £10 in case I want a drink at the bar ??! and it will be reimbursed on leaving , which confused me as I may have wanted to spend more during my stay. I assumed any extras would be added to your final bill on departure . Our room had a 3/4 bed not a double !! luckily it was just my daughter and I as my husband would have fallen out. the tea and coffee facilities were ONE teabag each . can you spare it , The pay to view films were not working ,so I asked reception for help . I was told it was the weather? internet fine etc so not the weather . we were asked to wait in reception until someone could come and see to it , but after 10 mins of hanging around , two coach parties turned up so I told reception we were going for a swim ,by the way the pool door has a code lock on it but it just opens (I found this out after trapesing back to reception to get code number, why didn't they tell me before). We gave up with the film channel . I told reception I was getting a takeaway and asked directions , lady was helpful. however I was not told you cannot leave car park without a code for the barrier , so had to drive back , get out in wind , rain and dark to ask for the code,! no information . We enjoyed our breakfast ,good value if you can eat like a horse , my daughter couldn't eat much so for £10 I was tempted to fill my pockets . When we checked out I went to pay cash for our stay and was told I had already paid!! payment had been taken from my card during our stay!! . so it is a GOOD JOB I had enough funds. Hotel states you pay at end of stay . this may be the fault of the company I used to book so I will have to let that one go . When I got home I realised my daughter should have eaten for FREE , under 12. Another failure to inform me at the time! . Total lack of communication and information .They just want your money .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hi janet h,

I am grateful you took the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay along with your husband and daughter. As our valued guest, I am elated to see that you found the hotel perfect for your travel needs and our staff hospitable. However, allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered from our hotel staff regarding how they should disseminate pertinent information to our guests. I am sorry about the disappointing hotel experience you encountered as it is not our intention to dissatisfy you. Our goal is to make efforts to ensure that you leave our hotel happy. Please know that your comments will be taken into consideration and I am confident that actions will be done by the upper management in order to improve on this area.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a more desirable and noteworthy hotel experience.

Regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I stayed here for business and I must say the staff were generally fantastic however the room was from the last century and in need of a good refit.
On the first night my sink would not drain, requested them to sort it whilst I had dinner but was just as bad, reported it the next morning so they could resolve it during the day
whilst I was at work, still no joy
They need to get their act together, listen and act

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Carl M,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate your feedback. I am pleased to read you were satisfied with the staff service. However, we apologize your stay was negatively affected by the quality of the room received and for finding it dated. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have this information documented and it will be forwarded to the hotel management for review and will be a basis for future upgrade.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will consider staying with us again to better experience all the exciting improvements we will be making.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Excellent hotel well suited to business travel.
Clean and well maintained rooms.
A welcome facility is the gym and pool, both really good.
If back again on business will definitely look to staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We travelled down from the north to visit our family and stayed here for the night. I must say how nice the room was. It was small but everything was clean and looked after. The bathroom looked newly refurbished with a lovely shower. Tea and coffee facilities and tv in room. Everything's was great and would book here again. Great value.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

It’s a bit away from the nearby towns but... immaculate, staff very welcoming, room good, en suite shower room spotless. Decent menu, food nice, loved them having Aspalls Cider on draught!! Bar area very good with TV screens footed around. I turned up expecting a bit of a soulless big corporate hotel but was very pleasantly surprised. Can definitely recommend this to anyone on an overnight business stop and will stay again next time I’m in the area

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business