All reviews national holidays coach trip coach parties breakfast staff would stay again stayed here for one night evening meal comfy bed food was lovely breakfast was excellent steam room car park good nights sleep chester zoo full english liverpool wedding
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Fairly average stay. The decor is lovely and modern with secure parking.
Unfortunately we had problems with the fridge that didnt work so we asked for this to be fixed. we were then told over a three hour period that 'someone will come" but at 10pm we went to the front desk after being bored of being fobbed off. To then be asked if we wanted to move rooms as the maintenance had gone home. Which was annoying as if they knew they had gone home they should have moved us in the first instance. An apology would have also been nice.
All in all we would probably return as it was reasonably priced, peaceful and clean. Shame the service let it down

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Hello Rhiann J,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing us your experience during your stay. I am glad you found the decor to be lovely and modern. Prices to be reasonable, peaceful and clean. I am sorry if the refrigerator in the room failed to work and service you received from our staff fell below your expectations. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. We appreciate your feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to have you as our guest again very soon and see the improvements made.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I booked for 2 nights and was really impressed with its quiet location and excellent signage from the main A road. I was travelling on my bicycle and there hotel accommodated it in a secure storeroom. The customer service received from the reception, catering and cleaning was friendly, helpful and efficient. This was a most enjoyable stay and will return when next in the area.

Room Tip: I don't know if any rooms were better or worse than the room I stayed in
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight as part of coach tour (b,b & em)
Rooms were comfortable with controllable heating.
Bathroom small but adequate.
Limited choice for evening meal-chicken or nut roast. When asking for nut roast was advised it was 'on it's way' my husband helped himself to veg and potatoes whilst waiting for nut roast, it never arrived and the servery closed! Disappointing service.
Breakfast included buffet and choice of eggs (poached, fried, scrambled, boiled etc) only scrambled available on the servery and no staff to ask for poached. Husband managed to ask for yoghurt when staff were attending which came about 5 mins later.
Lovely large hotel, pleasant dining and bar area but seemed to struggle to cater for 2 half full coaches, I think the emphasis was on a wedding party.
Would probably visit again

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Such good value. Rooms are perfectly clean and well equipped. Great facilities and lovely friendly helpful staff. This hotel ticks all the boxes and will definitely return to this hotel in near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Just stayed here this weekend. We stayed in the executive suit double bed sofa big tv lovely decorated rooms! Not spacious but cosy. Swimming pool was good and sauna and steam room. Meals are abit pricey £13.95 for a carbonara and £10.95 for a cheese pizza but well worth the price lovely tasty food! We stayed here because it was close to the cheshire oaks designer outlet and Chester zoo is a must! That was amazing too... all round great weekend away. front desk were very friendly and helpful.