All reviews national holidays coach trip coach parties breakfast staff would stay again stayed here for one night evening meal comfy bed food was lovely breakfast was excellent steam room car park good nights sleep chester zoo full english liverpool wedding
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as we wanted to visit Cheshire Oaks and enjoy some time away together. We were quite shocked to find how tiny our room was. The staff are superb and very friendly but overall this place needs to do better! The spa can hardly be called a spa the pool was freeeeezing! The jacuzzi didnt work, no private changing tooms. We did mention to staff that overall we werent happy and we got upgraded to an executive room however this wasnt much better. Floor looked as if it wasnt hoovered, tv and chair were dusty. If we didnt get upgraded no way would it be worth spending the extra momey for executive. Went down to breakfast at 9.30 there was NOTHING left apart from a few cold beans and a bit of meat. The staff were helpful and did go and cook us some sausages but considering breakfast was on until 10.30 you would think orange juice, pastries, fruit etc would still be topped up

Room Tip: Find another hotel or expect very basic!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I was very disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. I am sorry that you felt our changing rooms in our Leisure Club were not suitable. I have also spoken with our Club Manager and our pool was at 30 degrees which is the required temperature so again I apologise if this was too cold for you. I am pleased that reception upgraded you and your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room have been passed to our housekeeping team. Breakfast is a very busy time for us and I am sorry that the food was not replenished as quickly as it should have been and I am pleased that the team ensured you had a freshly cooked meal. I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Just back from a bus trip to Chester and Liverpool.
We spent Saturday night at the Holiday inn Runcorn.
This hotel is pretty plain with basic rooms and basic greeting on arrival.
The dinner and breakfast were also very basic and a bit of a mad scramble.
The bar had no atmosphere what so ever and a very poor selection of beer.
This was the first time iv'e been on a bus trip and the first time at a Holiday inn and
it will definitely be the last.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 9 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I was very disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay, the hotel has recently undergone a full refurbishment of all the bedrooms, public areas, bar and we also have a fabulous new steak & grill restaurant, this is a very modern relaxed lobby and bar and I am sorry that you felt it was basic, our new open lobby is designed around our guests so they can feel at home and relaxed and we have had some very positive comments. I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner in the new pub bit and the service was so so poor! It's like no1 knows what they're doing in there! We got over charged for our food and drinks (luckily we noticed) and we was refunded the over charge. Our black currant sodas weren't black curranty at all then when we asked for more she told us she had to go get some more black currant so in other words she just couldn't be bothered! Then we got a top up and it still was really weak. The barmaid obv didn't know her measures and this was the same girl that over charged us. The food was definitely NOT worth the money you pay for it. The chef came into the bar and started talking quite loudly about our order scrunching his face up. Curry was bland, rice was watery, poppadom was soggy and so was the naan. The kids fish and chips were also soggy and the batter had way too many herbs in. Cutlery came out with the food but no spoon with littlens ice cream so the barmaid came back with a teaspoon or a soup soon?? The plates were still sat there when we left. Then we had to sort out the refund, u can imagine by then we were quite annoyed about it all. Would defo have rather got a take away and prob would have been cheaper and actually worth it. We've stayed here before as the pool is good for the kids and they enjoy it but we won't be eating in the new bit again. The room was clean and tidy but the alarm went off twice in the morning around half 9 and it's scared the hell outta me! There was no heads up of that going off either. Was just a shame as we stay there when we're in Runcorn, we just know now not to eat in the pub.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 7 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I am sorry that you were not entirely satisfies with your stay. I will ensure that your comments are investigated and can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

While on National Holiday we had the delight of staying at the Holiday Inn Runcorn. The hotel and rooms were very clean. The food was very nice although meal times felt a bit busy. There was a lot of options of food to eat and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank LMo86
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of nights whilst on a coach trip. Although the bedroom was clean and comfortable the meals and service were very poor. The staff did not seem to know what they were doing and certainly did not know what food it was they were serving. They had obviously taken on too much this weekend as there were several coach parties plus a wedding. At breakfast on the Sunday tables were not cleared which led to a shortage or rather total lack of bowls for cereals. Also to run out was fruit salad, butter etc, the bread for toast was still frozen. In fact it was total chaos. We were told to leave our cases outside our doors but these were not collected. Our driver plus two of our party ended up doing this job. Do not stay here until they get their act together. Maybe the Hotel Inspector could give management a few tips!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I was very disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. I am sorry that you felt the team were not sure about the food they were serving, our Operations Manager was running the service for your dinner and I believe there was a question as to what the fish was and she did explain that it was Haddock on the menu for that particular evening meal. The hotel as you have quite rightly pointed out was busy last weekend and we were fully staffed for all the events that were taking place and I am sorry that you feel we fell short in our service.
Breakfast is always a very busy time for us and we do inform our guests of the peak times and there was an agreed time for breakfast for your party as it was a large group however it appears that the majority of the group were arriving for breakfast prior to this which obviously caused a slight delay in replenishing items on our buffet.
With regards to the bags being collected from the rooms we are really sorry but we did have a power cut during this period and this did impact on our ability to get the bags to the coach and deal with the power cut as this had affected the restaurant and other areas of the hotel so please do accept my sincere apologies for this and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon to enable us to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Kind Regards