Holiday Inn Runcorn
  • Pool
US$ 71
US$ 69
PremierInn.com
All reviewsnational holidaysexecutive roomcoach partiescoach trippool and gymbreakfast staffnice staywould stay againstayed here for one nightevening mealcomfy bedbreakfast was excellentcar parkself servicechester zoofull englishcooked breakfast
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed here as part of a group and can honestly find nothing good to say about it apart from Craig and Karin on the bar they were fantastic! Food was cold undercooked and took 1hr and 20 mins to be served a drink with dinner took 15 mins, definatly wouldn't stay or recommend to anyone again! The only positive was leaving

• Stayed: February 2012
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Craig2908,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular your dining experience, I will be discussing this issue with our Head Chef at today’s management meeting.
I am delighted that you found Craig and Karin to be fantastic and will be passing your praise onto them both.
We really do appreciate all comments both positive and negative as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 30 January 2012

we held a party for friends, two weeks later my wife and i had booked in for a valentines dinner, but had to cancell on the day. One of our friends has left us some gifts to be put in our room. as we did not attend these giftes went missing. first staff said the gifts were not left, yet with cctv we proved they had been delivered, then one of the staff told our friend they had eaten the chocolates but did not know what had happened to the wine. the hotel did nothing to replace the gifts or to compensate. would not trust the hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RAY W
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear RayW
I would like to start by expressing how truly appauled I am after reading your review regarding your experience with us. I have been the General Manager here now for four months and as this incident was just under 12 months ago now and I am finding it a little difficult to investigate. Would it be possible for you to call my PA Donna Albiston on 01928 754850 and offer some more information in order for us to conduct a full investigation.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 January 2012

went for creamfields in 2011 and stayed at this hotel,the hotel is lovely .
The rooms were really comfortable and clean
this hotel is about a 7-10 min taxi ride to the festival which made the experience even better because you could come back to a nice room and a really nice bar as well

for all the people going for creamfields ,this is a very good option

Stayed August 2011

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank cloclwork
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear cloclwork
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn whilst you were attending Creamfields.
It looks like you travelled quite a distance to attend the event and we are delighted that we catered for your needs during your trip and that you found that the rooms were comfortable and clean.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I live in Florida and made a prepaid reservation for this hotel.
When I checked in, the agent confirmed that the reservation was prepaid in full.
When I went to check out two days later I was told that everything was taken care of.
Soon after I got home I see a charge on my credit card for 50 British Pounds from this hotel.
I called Holiday Inn customer service here in the U.S. (because the hotel charges for incoming calls to the front desk), they agreed that the charge was erroneous and were very quick to help out.
Here is where the scam comes in, the hotel charged my card in British Pounds but did the refund in U.S. dollars leaving me to pay the $5 difference for their supposed error!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Booked a family party for new year at this hotel. Cant find many new year events where kids can go, so thought would give here a try. COMPLETE RUBBISH. First, supposed to have a family room, it was a bog standard double room with a sofa bed in! And they charged me more for this than for a proper family room. Then the do! Dance floor and djs are hidden from everyone in the room! I kid you not, and they wonder why noone was dancing. The djs were a joke. It was a FAMILY party, yet every song was older than me and im 45! The food was a joke, poor quality and you queded for 40 minutes. Asked one of the chefs what the food was and she said she had no idea!!The bar had two staff on and it was new yeras eve! Usually one 1 staff was serving while they took turns disapearing for breaks. YOU HAVE TO PAY £16 IF YOU WANT TO USE THE INTERNET. First time i have found a hotel charging for this. The air con is set to "seasonal settings"!! So if your too hot or too cold, too bad as you can not choose what is best for you, only what they think is best for you.
Im sure its an ok bog standard hotel for sales reps in the week, but if you advertise a FAMILY new years event and charge accordingly, you should make a bit of an effort. 5 kids with us, 2, 6, 8, 10, 12, all bored and upset by a ruined new year. I will never be returing here, AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: December 2011
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Dear daveegan06,
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the size of your room, the entertainment, the food, the service and the internet charges.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment, Unfortunately the room size and internet charges are issues that are out of my hands. However I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that I am currently holding an investigation with all departments involved including the entertainment company that we hired the DJ from as this is not the experience that we want our guests to encounter.
Without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do so once again I would like to thank you for your feedback.
Yours Sincerely