“Quick lunch”

Ranked #34 of 318 Restaurants in Rochdale
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped in here for a quick drink and lunch. Excellent. Legend of a pub. Cracking, authentic features such as walls, fireplaces and bar. Fabulous location on top of the moor. Food was simple but very good. Beer well kept. I suspect it would be very busy when the weather is good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My step mother brought me here for my birthday and what a lovely little place, not many like this around these days. I am a young woman so I am a bit more used to the more modern eating place but I would definitely make an exception for this place. I loved it, honestly what a brilliant way of keeping things simple and as they are no need for modern where this place is concerned. Food was amazing and the chips wow. If you get chance you should definitely visit here its well worth it.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A true English pub! The food was beautiful, fresh, home made and very good portion sizes. Served by a very friendly lady. Will definitely be returning with family.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Dropped in on the way home from Rawtenstall for a bite to eat and we were met by a roaring fire and very pleasant bar staff who were indeed very welcoming. The food was of a high standard, the menu was plentiful and the freindly atmosphere made it a lovely place to eat. I would recommend this place to anyone driving by, we always drop in when on our way home.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We visit quite often, Steak night on a Friday & quite regular for Sunday lunch, always the service is excellent, warm & cosy on a cold winters day, good food, excellent service, house red wine is delicious, the young girls that work here are so polite & friendly & very efficient, so sorry it’s up for sale, hope when it’s sold the standards are the same, but until then we will be frequent visitors, Thankyou for another excellent Sunday lunch
Stephanie & Stephen Scholes