“Very well themed!”

Add it.
GAME OVER Escape Rooms
Ranked #7 of 17 Fun & Games in Rochdale
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Friends and I (group of 5) did the Maniac room (SAW themed), the theming was done really well, especially in the room where you start off, movie fans will recognise it instantly! The staff (Michael and Paige) were very nice and had a good laugh with us, rules were clear etc! My team did well but we didn't make it out unfortunately!
We had a great laugh with the challenging room, the only thing i didnt like was the way the clues were given- over a tannoy rather than on screen. I wear hearing aids so this proved challenging and i couldnt understand any of the clues and had to rely on teammates to tell me as usually the clues are typed on a screen so everyone can see and understand for themselves.
I would return again but not in a rush as it was a pain not understanding the clues and by the time i’d understood them it had already been solved!

All reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
"game of thrones"
"franchise"
"paige"
"challenging"

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Having previously run Game Over rooms in Derby and being very impressed overall I decided to take a trip to check out their Rochdale branch.

They share an entrance with Flip Out but run independently. First impressions of the place were that the general reception area was very neat and modern, in a style I've come to expect from Game Over.

I'd consider myself "getting there" with becoming an escape room enthusiast after having done a fair few rooms in the UK and abroad, so I selected the rooms that would pick a fight with our brains. So we took on the Pirates room and then the Game of Thrones themed room.

For an overview on both I'd say they are quite difficult, considering we were only equipt with two brains. I'd say if you were begining with escape rooms, or even if you were seasoned, that maybe 3-4 people may be of more use to you. The two of us were very nearly out, just a couple puzzles off each time, where I think an extra person or two to bounce ideas off of may have helped.

Both rooms had plenty to do in them and had a good mix of searching and putting together puzzles, littered with some interesting mechanisms. Everything worked just fine.

The hint system works as an over-tannoy, so our host would speak to us over a microphone. This is preferable to keep immersion, and I liked how attentive our host Paige was and knew went to interject and give guidance - you can tell she's had plenty of practice and knows what she's doing. It's nice to have undivided attention!

The GOT room was gorgeous and had its own Throne which was cool. You don't need to know anything about the franchise as you can learn as you go, although there is one puzzle where a little background knowledge definitely speeds you up a touch! (It was also our fav puzzle!)

We spoke at some length with Paige after our experience too, and it was nice to discuss escape rooms with somebody who seems to enjoy them also. We were defo in good hands.

I like how GO keeps surprising us with new things we haven't seen in escape rooms before. I'd certainly like to see what this franchise is up to next!

1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We came along to play the Pirates of the Caribbean room with some friends and our 14 year old daughter. The staff were so helpful and the room was challenging but lots of fun. We have already booked again to do the Maniac room! would definitely recommend to all our friends!

1  Thank pammy71
Reviewed 22 January 2018

A group of us went to the escape rooms and booked two rooms. Sadly one room (espionage) was incredibly cold with no heating. For a combined fee for 4 people at £68 I thought this was poor. Both rooms (the other one was the Pirates ship) had faults with some of the clues /exhibits. For a venue which only opened in November, I'd have thought the owners would have kept it working properly. It was my first visit to an escape room, and it was a fun team experience, lots of complexity I thought and the member of staff was really helpful. Would I return? Possibly but I'd need to ensure its all working properly.

2  Thank Maggie M