1,552 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed her very briefly between Christmas and new year. Checked in on the 30/12/17 but as I am an electrical engineer for Emirates I was forced to cut my short visit back to the Uk from Dubai due to a aircraft need long emergency repairs. I am on call when out of UAE.

I had already paid for the room for 3 nights, £149 if I remember correctly. When I informed reception I would need to leave 5 hours after arriving they were very understanding and agreed to refund me or the second and third night. I wasn’t even expecting a refund as it was short notice but I’m happy :).

I’ll now move on the the hotel itself. If you compare it with another budget hotel in the Manchester airport area you will pay £149 plus for one night on a room only basis. Here you pay £149 for three nights room only. Plus £5.00 should you wish to use the leisure facilities.

So what would you expect? It’s a budget hotel so everything is going to be in the cheap/old/outdated side. Yes most of it needs updating but Britannia are extremely well known for there old/rusty hotels. The hotel is an old Holiday inn express which have now moved down t road to a new/newer building.

I didn’t book this hotel expecting it to be fantastic, it’s a budget hotel after all. I was perfectly happy with it as all i would be doing there is sleeping.

Ps. Easy jet and British airways are in two different leagues. Likewise with the airport inn and the radiosson. So stop complaining! If you don’t like it then pay extra and stay somewhere else.

My brother told me a good quote from the hotel he manages. “If you stay you pay.” If someone didn’t like the hotel that much they’d of gone and stayed elsewhere!!!

That’s all from me!

Over and out!

P.s I stayed in room 205

Jmusgrave9@hotmail.co.uk

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jordan M
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a company we are always delighted to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and have checked-out happy. I am glad that you felt we offered a good value for money stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to our Airport Inn Hotel in the future. For the best available deals please call our sales centre on 0871 221 0247.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Looks good from exterior but very dated throughout. This said room was clean other than the doors needing a wipe clean the bed was comfortable. Lifts only go to second floor so watch that as I would say you'd get no help. Staff chavy and not at all attentive man checking me out interrogated me more than the airport security staff!! Okay for a quick overnight but otherwise pay an extra couple quid locally and get something better.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do hope that despite the concerns you had you were able to have an enjoyable time at our hotel. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

One night stay prior to flight... clean although a liitle cramped room but perfectly adequate for our needs
Convenient for airport and timeous shuttle service to terminals
Delayed 18 hours coming home but didnt ask for any more money for car staying extra night
excellent value for money .......... will use again

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you had an overall enjoyable experience, despite the few issues you mention. I will ensure to make the hotel aware of these concerns directly. I look forward to welcoming you back to our Airport Inn Hotel in the future. For the best available deals please call our sales centre on 0871 221 0247.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Pictures are very deceiving they made the hotel look ok and basic however when we got there my mother and grandmother had there own room which the bathroom ceiling was full of water and looked like it was going to collapse. The light had fell down with live wires absolutely soaked of with water which had flooded the bathroom floor, rang to tell reception they moved them to a family room (no 5) which was absolutely disgusting it was left as if someone had just came out of it as the sofa bed was all out and pillows all over the place. Very badly decorated marks all over the walls furniture falling apart fair to say this hotel is disgusting. My single room stunk of a foistey smell and very dusty shaven hair all over the bath and my kettle was broken hair all over the pillows and the carpet was filthy. Very disgusted at the standard of this hotel and would not recommend anyone staying here. We weren’t expecting a lot however this place is more like a hostel not a hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Leah T

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am concerned to learn that your recent stay at our hotel was not to your expected standard. If I could please ask you to forward your feedback onto our Guest Relations Team (guestrelations749@britanniahotels.com) in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the above issues you have raised. Our team will then contact you directly with a response. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We reserved and PAID for a room in advance due to the extreme weather conditions expected the day before our flight. We were told to ring the reception once on the train to Manchester Airport in order to use a specific taxi company. After three attempts, I reached the reception to be told that our booking could not be honoured as the hotel was overbooked and all of the rooms were already full. They said that they had no record of our booking but the money had already been taken from the account, and we have still not heard back about refund or compensation.

As we arrived into Manchester at 10pm, we could not find anywhere else and had to resort to turning back and making the journey to the airport again the next morning. This was obviously extremely stressful and no help was offered by the hotel in finding us alternative arrangements. In fact, the receptionist didn't seem bothered in the slightest and repeated several times that there was nothing he could do and if we were to go to the hotel that we would be turned away.

I was appalled by this service and would never book again at this hotel, or with this chain. To not control the amount of rooms booked through an online portal is shocking and something that should never be allowed to happen. Furthermore, to then take payment for this shocking service is just completely unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If I could please ask you to forward your feedback onto our Guest Relations Team (guestrelations749@britanniahotels.com) in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the above issues you have raised. Our team will then contact you directly with a response. I am concerned to read that this occurred. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.