Free cancellation until 29/07
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 78
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 98/night.

Heatherlea Guest House(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$ 87
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 132
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubfrom manchestercar parktrain stationcomfy bedlandlordaccommodationearplugs
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here as a stopover to Manchester airport . Really cheap rate at £59 . Rooms basic but clean and very comfy bed . Shower was very small I don't know how my husband managed to stand up in it but being 5ft2 I was fine. Disaster in the morning no hairdryer in the room and no one around to ask for one, had to travel to Milan with curly hair !
Great food I had the haloumi salad and my husband had seafood. All very tasty and reasonably priced.
Welcoming pub in spite of the England result !

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

A great welcome to start with, the room is ensuite, beds are immaculate, the food is excellant, good english pub grub!! £14 from manchester airport. I will def stay again the room was £59 per night, great carpark if your driving. Rooms all above the pub but still quiet and respectable area

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank sasha r
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Under new management. Landlord lovely and chatty. We were the only people in!! The place has been nicely cleaned and de cluttered. Feels much lighter and fresher. I know they are not happy with their menu and are doing their best to get customers in. Shame it was so empty. Wishing them every success.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Popped in on a sunny Sunday with our young baby. Decided to make the most of the sun and sat in the small beer garden at the rear although the inside looked nice and cosy. We both enjoyed our lunch of pies with chips and mushy peas. Food was absolutely delicious and we both cleared our plates. Also found room for dessert and the portions were generous. Great value and will definitely visit again. Although we had pies the other dishes on the menu looked delicious, especially the interesting salads which we want to try on our next visit. Not your usual boil in the bag pub grub!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cosmeston30
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Locals will know that 'The King' has changed management. I first called in when there was no food, no card machine and hardly any customers ... but the staff made me welcome so I returned ...
Now we have a menu, it was quite simple but we chose two freshly prepared and very nicely presented (good value) dishes; the card machine has arrived, taking money from my bank painlessly. Management is professional and accommodating.
As others have commented the inside has had a big clear out and with the fires lit it is very comfortable. I put four stars because as yet it has not the the bustle of a busy pub - but I'm sure that is changing - will certainly be back soon!
[I can't comment on the rooms that I think are also now available]

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple