“A bit Tom Daley ”
Review of Cibo

Cibo
Ranked #19 of 100 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 60
Description: Welcome to Cibo Restaurant in Wilmslow. Elegant and exquisite, we offer only the finest of the Italian cuisine. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

This new restaraunt
Is very stylish with efficient service and pleasant staff . However the food could be better and certainly there are better Italians locally from a purely food perspective . Whilst the lasagne was very good the seafood linguine was pretty underwhelming as was the veal saltimboca . And it's expensive for what is supplied . Great style and great promise but just doesn't quite deliver . A nice experience but no medal . A bit like our Tom

Reviewed 24 August 2016

New Italian in Wilmslow. Rather a shame about the location by a bus stop and overlooking Tescos bins. Plenty of money spent on the interior and they have done a great job. Very nice bar area to have a pre-dinner drink. Service very good and the outside area very pleasant to eat in. Menu and food very good. Seafood risotto excellent. But.... just like all Italian restaurants as soon as you stray from pizza, pasta etc the price rockets, add a couple of sides its over £30 for a main and several starters over £10. I had heard and it was confirmed that the portions were on the small side. My risotto was more of a large starter and at £16 considerably dearer and smaller than at Piccolino albeit very tasty. I hope they sort out the teething issues with pricing and portion size otherwise January on will be testing.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We tried Cibo last Saturday and was very impressed, the decor was fabulous food really good and staff were great, When we arrived we were shown upstaira and thought oh no we are going to be in a boring room away from the buzz but upstairs is knockout fab I had the sea bass it was well presented and delicious, my other half had the steak diane it was divine but a bit on the large size Its great to have fine dining in Wilmslow. We will be back

1  Thank valron1947
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The decor in this restaurant is beautiful and elegant with a touch of continental atmosphere. The staff are attentive, very pleasant and nothing is too much trouble. However I was a little disappointed in the presentation and quantity of the food. I had a lasagna which was just a small square sitting in the middle of a large plate. No garnish. Another of our party had a steak which also was tiny.

3  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had watched the restaurant being refurbished and were eager to try it out. We live within walking distance and decided to go on a Monday evening of my husbands birthday.

We had a fabulous evening thanks to Danilo and his team. The restaurant was full as we arrived so we started with drinks at the bar before being seated in the most comfortable directors style chairs outside on the terrace. We ordered the Cibo sharing platter to start which was delicious, followed by Lobster and crayfish Ravioli with sides of courgette fritti and rocket salad. The meal was perfection, portion sizes were generous and the Pinot Grigio was delicious. We decide against dessert and I went for coffee and liqueur whilst my husband ordered his favourite Negroni cocktail which did not disappoint.

Oula, the receptionist (an understatement of her warmth and hospitality) surprised us with birthday profiteroles and limoncello and had the entire staff sing Happy Birthday to my husband. We thought this was both hilarious, very generous and thoughtful.

We chatted with Danilo the General Manager and found him to be an absolute delight.

We had such a lovely night that we treated out little ones to an early tea that same week and ate Pizza in the sun.

So glad that we have another fab restaurant on our doorstep. I wish them all the best for the future and can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank Lauren L