“Great location, Good food and Paula, a wonderful hostess”

The Fishery Elstree
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Elstree
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 25
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Fishery has been built on the ethos of providing the freshest, highest quality food every day. We believe freshly caught, picked & harvested is the way food should be enjoyed, with every mouthful bursting with hearty, wholesome flavour. The Fishery Chefs are passionate about delivering the very best produce, locally sourced and simply prepared. The Fishery's well-stocked bar offers a wide selection of spirits, including our "Gin-spiration" Menu of speciality gins, a wide and varied wine list and a wide selection of beer, lager and ale on tap and by the bottle.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Had visitors to my office and wanted to take them somewhere local for a nice lunch, was able to download the menus from the website, called through and spoke with Paula who booked us a table and took our order in advance to ensure a timely visit as required.

Guest from Spain, Greece and UAE all passed on their compliments of the restaurant, food and service which was top notch - Great homemade puddings too!

Have visited The Fishery a number of times and seen the owners and menu change a number of times, huge improvement since my last visit. The decor is still a little out dated but clean and tidy, good parking and warm reception.

1  Thank Stockers93
Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi

Thank you for your review.

I'm so glad to hear you all enjoyed the food and were well looked after.

It's pleasing to hear that people from all over the world can have a good meal at the Fishery.

I have passed on your kind words to Paula who sends her thanks.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Sat outside on the lovely paved area and chose from the speciality Italian fixed price menu. I had the cod loin and my mother had the cod and prawn ravioli. With the drink and pudding all in for £15 it was amazing value. We also had a couple of nibbles plates from the extensive nibbles menu which were also excellent. The service was great...they even gave my mother a woollen blanket when the temperature dropped. Overall a great experience.

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hi Mark

Thanks for leaving a review.

I'm pleased to hear that our new Italian specials menu impressed. Thanks for the feedback. And it's nice to hear that you were well looked after by the team.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This is a local gastro pub for us and they've recently introduced a different specials menu for each night! We had some great Italian food (fish of course) and were served by Demi who provided us with excellent service. We will be back soon.

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to share you kind words. I have passed them onto the whole team here including Demi who sends her thanks. It's pleasing to read that our new nightly menus are going down well and I hope to see you another night for another one of our options.

Thanks

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We recently took the three grandchildren and two daughters to the Fisheries for lunch
after spending the morning at Aldenham Park.
We arrived at 1-30pm and the place was not at all busy.
Unfortunately I am not sure if they do not employ staff at this time or the staff are busy doing other things but the wait for food and general service was not good especially with three hungry kids. The food was really good and I would be happy to go back again but I will not be going back at a peak time.

1  Thank IRVTHESWERVE2015
Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the food but sorry that the quality of service did not match. We pride ourselves on being a 'customer first' business and attentive to the needs of our guests throughout their stay. We will look at making sure the whole team are fully trained for the best service standards.

I hope to see you again soon so that we have the chance to leave you with a happier impression of us.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We visited here for Sunday lunch to celebrate my Dad’s birthday. We booked online a couple of weeks in advance and the table was ready for us as soon as we arrived. We had a nice waitress (to begin with) who took our drinks order. She returned with these a few moments later and then took our food order of starters and mains, so far so good. Our starters arrived one at a time, we had the chorizo scotch egg, chicken liver pate, smoked salmon and baked Camembert. It was all delicious but the starters arrived one at a time and the Camembert was mistaken for calamari so we had to wait for that. By the time it arrived, the other starters had been finished. When we told the staff we hadn’t ordered the calamari, they seemed a little disgruntled and didn’t seem to rush anything through. Funnily enough, we didn’t see the nice waitress that had greeted us after this.
We then all had the Sunday dinner ( 2 x beef, 1 x chicken and 2 x lamb shank) it was all so delicious with very generous portions but we waited over 40 minutes for it to arrive after finishing our starters. There was no apology for the delay and other groups were receiving food much faster than we were. Because of the long delay, we decided not to order any desserts. Our bill came in at £140 for starters and mains for 5, 3 soft drinks, 1 glass of wine and a glass of prosecco. Under £30 per person each, great value as the food portions were huge and delicious. When our bill arrived however, we had been charged for the calamari which we hadn’t even ordered or eaten and the glass of small wine was charged at a bottle! I cannot describe how tasty the food was but unfortunately the service really let it down today. If the service improves, we may return again.

Hi Emma

Thanks for visiting and for leaving some feedback.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the food, but am disappointed that our service was not up to the same level.

It's a shame that delays and a lack of attention to detail ruined an otherwise pleasant experience. We will continue to work with our Front of House team to ensure that we are offering the best service to each and every one of our guests.

I hope you will come back soon so that we have a chance to show you how good we can be.