“GREAT FOOD BUT NOT SO GREAT SERVICE”

The Fishery Elstree
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Elstree
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 24
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Fishery has been built on the ethos of providing the freshest, highest quality food every day. We believe freshly caught, picked & harvested is the way food should be enjoyed, with every mouthful bursting with hearty, wholesome flavour. The Fishery Chefs are passionate about delivering the very best produce, locally sourced and simply prepared. The Fishery's well-stocked bar offers a wide selection of spirits, including our "Gin-spiration" Menu of speciality gins, a wide and varied wine list and a wide selection of beer, lager and ale on tap and by the bottle.
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We recently took the three grandchildren and two daughters to the Fisheries for lunch
after spending the morning at Aldenham Park.
We arrived at 1-30pm and the place was not at all busy.
Unfortunately I am not sure if they do not employ staff at this time or the staff are busy doing other things but the wait for food and general service was not good especially with three hungry kids. The food was really good and I would be happy to go back again but I will not be going back at a peak time.

1  Thank irvin g
Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the food but sorry that the quality of service did not match. We pride ourselves on being a 'customer first' business and attentive to the needs of our guests throughout their stay. We will look at making sure the whole team are fully trained for the best service standards.

I hope to see you again soon so that we have the chance to leave you with a happier impression of us.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We visited here for Sunday lunch to celebrate my Dad’s birthday. We booked online a couple of weeks in advance and the table was ready for us as soon as we arrived. We had a nice waitress (to begin with) who took our drinks order. She returned with these a few moments later and then took our food order of starters and mains, so far so good. Our starters arrived one at a time, we had the chorizo scotch egg, chicken liver pate, smoked salmon and baked Camembert. It was all delicious but the starters arrived one at a time and the Camembert was mistaken for calamari so we had to wait for that. By the time it arrived, the other starters had been finished. When we told the staff we hadn’t ordered the calamari, they seemed a little disgruntled and didn’t seem to rush anything through. Funnily enough, we didn’t see the nice waitress that had greeted us after this.
We then all had the Sunday dinner ( 2 x beef, 1 x chicken and 2 x lamb shank) it was all so delicious with very generous portions but we waited over 40 minutes for it to arrive after finishing our starters. There was no apology for the delay and other groups were receiving food much faster than we were. Because of the long delay, we decided not to order any desserts. Our bill came in at £140 for starters and mains for 5, 3 soft drinks, 1 glass of wine and a glass of prosecco. Under £30 per person each, great value as the food portions were huge and delicious. When our bill arrived however, we had been charged for the calamari which we hadn’t even ordered or eaten and the glass of small wine was charged at a bottle! I cannot describe how tasty the food was but unfortunately the service really let it down today. If the service improves, we may return again.

Hi Emma

Thanks for visiting and for leaving some feedback.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the food, but am disappointed that our service was not up to the same level.

It's a shame that delays and a lack of attention to detail ruined an otherwise pleasant experience. We will continue to work with our Front of House team to ensure that we are offering the best service to each and every one of our guests.

I hope you will come back soon so that we have a chance to show you how good we can be.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

This places is very nice, nice outside seating area over looking the lake, staff super friendly and helpful. I had fish and chip which was a nice size and presented well, but the desert was the best for me I would come just for a cheesecake super tasty.

Theres plenty of parking nice indoor seating with plenty of tables :)

Hi Jessica

Thanks for visiting and for leaving a review.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the food and were well looked after on your visit. The cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts too!

I look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Nice setting, but overpriced food and drink. £3.10 for a lime and soda water for example, or any four nibbles for £18.50...

Date of visit: August 2018

Hi Gary,

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave some feedback.

We believe that the quality of our food and drink justifies the reasonably prices that we charge, but we will continue to ensure that our menu always represents value for money as each new seasons menu is designed.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Huge tasty Sunday roast! The gentleman that served us was lovely, really welcoming and funny, great service. Will definately be going back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Hi Tracy

Thanks for visiting and for leaving a review.

I'm really pleased that you liked the food and were well looked after at the Fishery, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.