“Great Sunday Roast”

The Fishery Elstree
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Elstree
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 24
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fishery has been built on the ethos of providing the freshest, highest quality food every day. We believe freshly caught, picked & harvested is the way food should be enjoyed, with every mouthful bursting with hearty, wholesome flavour. The Fishery Chefs are passionate about delivering the very best produce, locally sourced and simply prepared. The Fishery's well-stocked bar offers a wide selection of spirits, including our "Gin-spiration" Menu of speciality gins, a wide and varied wine list and a wide selection of beer, lager and ale on tap and by the bottle.
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Huge tasty Sunday roast! The gentleman that served us was lovely, really welcoming and funny, great service. Will definately be going back.

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Hi Tracy

Thanks for visiting and for leaving a review.

I'm really pleased that you liked the food and were well looked after at the Fishery, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I spent a pleasant afternoon with 6 members of my family having lunch on the front terrace overlooking the lake opposite.

Very good service from Paula who assisted us with every request we had. She was pleasantly engaging with children and overall very helpful.

We enjoy our food and drinks and would recommend the Fishery to anyone who wants to spend relaxing time with good food and close to the nature.

It’s worth noting that this pub is opposite a great nature reserve and the pub is happy for you to leave your car in their car park and walk over to one of the entrances which is just a moment away.

1  Thank iryna600
Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hi

Thanks for visiting and for leaving a review.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit and were well looked after. And also that you visited on a good day to enjoy the beautiful surroundings here.

I have passed on your kind words to Paula who sends her thanks.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Recently ate there and overall a good meal! Our booking was for 6 adults and 8 kids. When ordering from the bar, i would say they seemed pretty unresponsive to some requests but the service at our table was very good. We ate and they brought the kids meals with the starters, all was on time, good quality, good portions! We all enjoyed and would go back! We ate at 5pm, so there wasn't many people eating then, so i imagine we had most of the service staff to ourselves!

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hi

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your kind words, I will see that they are passed onto the whole team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and were well looked after on your visit. I know it can be difficult to find somewhere to eat as a large group so I'm glad that everything went well for you at the Fishery.

I look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Passed by the pub many times before but never visited. Located opposite Aldenham Reservoir with main road passing between making turning out of the car park interesting. The food was excellent and nicely presented, definitely worth a revisit.

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The Fishery Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Hi Nick

Thanks for visiting and for leaving a review.

I'm glad you liked the pub and enjoyed the food, and I'm glad the weather has been good enough to enjoy our beautiful surroundings this summer.

I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Visited this restaurant prior to a business meeting.Made it clear to the proprietor that we needed to be served quickly. We were! So thanks for that. But sadly the food was mostly disappointing. The 'Thai beef' was actually rather fatty strips of overcooked meat sort of coated in batter with a sticky chilli sauce poured over. Not something that one would describe as Thai... And the pate was served 'ploughman's style'. This comprised a gherkin spear, half a hard boiled egg, half a pickled onion and a lot of rocket. I'm not sure what kind of ploughmen there are in this corner of South-West Hertfordshire, but I don't think much of their 'style'. And over £40 for 3 meals (one was a starter) and 3 soft drinks? That's a pretty massive thumbs down. But at least we did get out in time.

1  Thank petet390

Hi Pete

Thanks for visiting and for your feedback.

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the food. The stir-fry is a great option if you're in a hurry, but I'm sorry to read that you didn't enjoy it. It's one of our best sellers. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy any of your food. It's all made in house and fresh. The Ploughman's Style Pate, definitely fits the description even though I'm sorry it didn't meet with your tastes. Equally we use Thai sauces to flavour the stir-fry.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit. I hope that you will visit us another time when you have more time to spend here so we have a chance to leave you with a happier impression of us.