“Kaspas blackburn”
Review of Kaspas Desserts

Kaspas Desserts
Ranked #5 of 6 Dessert in Blackburn
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My first and very last visit, I was nagged from my children to go here, so I agreed and we visited this afternoon.
We were seated at a sticky and dirty table which had supposedly been cleaned...?? The seats and the splash back that was around the walls were also full of food bits, sticky and dirty. I asked a member of staff if the table could be re-wiped (and it wasn't)
I went to the counter to order our food and as I doing this a female member of staff used her bare fingers and put some food in her mouth which she took from the cake fridge. She had no gloves on and then started to serve the next person.
As i went back to my seat i noticed that the floor was full of food and grease all over it and my feet were slipping on the sticky floor. The black gloss splash backs were also dirty and sticky. The main windows to look out of were also very dirty with finger marks and food on them.
Then another member of staff walked past our table holding plates to her chest and a dirty 10" cake cutting knife(pointy end sticking out away from her body), she went in the toilets direction, i was disgusted at this and then she walked passed again a few mins later holding the knife in the same position.
Eventually our food came in dribs and drabs so we all ate separately, my son ordered ice cream and me and my daughter ordered hot waffles.
The English from the staff was very poor and they were all dirty/scruffy with food stuff all over their jeans and issued t-shirts.
Overview... very dirty, service terrible, expensive, lacked service with a smile and good communication from inexperienced staff. Food not brilliant, however not too bad...

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My fella decided I needed a treat to cheat myself up after work been abit chaotic I didn’t expect to be taken here though we usually go to our local one. However this was awesome it had a bigger menu and lots of things I could of eaten. We arrived and it looked like an American diner! It was lovely decorated and the colours suited! Well thought out. I loved the place settings you could be in a big booth if there was more than two... or a small table! We waited a minute and was quickly shown to our table it took me longer than expected to choose there was so many things I wanted I could if had one of everything! Eventually I chose the Nutella waffle and added strawberries. The fella chose brownie waffle! About fifteen minutes later we were served and I was in heaven ok the waffle wasn’t as good as our local the waffle seemed more heavy but there was plently of topping and I got s good helping of Nutella.. and then I saw a small dish of what looked liked fresh cream only it was ice cream - gelato and it was lush! The best ice cream I have ever had! Then the waiter came over with two milkshakes my fella went my treat. And coffee of course! The milkshakes looked like large but they were regular... and oh my they were tasty in fact if you didn’t know it was a milkshake you would think it was food! Cherry bake well and Nutella milkshakes we tried! Definitely worth a visit! Little pricey but you don’t leave with empty stomachs our bill was just over 20.00 but I didn’t mind paying that! The food and drinks were worth it!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Yummy food and a fantastic manager. There was four adults and two children and there was a nice, friendly atmosphere, all of our orders were spot on and came promptly. Verry filling!

We will be back!

Thank you.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Service was ok right up until the moment we got our food. I ordered waffles with strawberry + nutella, I have never seen off and tissue thin strawberries like it before. Looked like they had been slices with a grater. Politely asked the waiter to change the strawberries to half decent thickness strawberries and he took our plate away, came back with the same plate and said "That will be an extra charge according to the manager".. Manager popped his head to see who was complaining before deciding on the outcome. I will never visit again.

2  Thank Zebb M
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Food was ok. However staff were forgetful, and refused to give a refund after finding a hair in my food.