Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
Agoda.com$124
eDreams$123
FindHotel$124
Etrip$124
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2021

This is one the best breakfast I’ve had in a long time chief Nay cooked everything to perfection exactly how requested nothing was a bother would recommend to others thank you to the weekend breakfast team for making my stay

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2021

Me and a colleague had great stay here recently. The rooms were a little small but comfortable enough. The breakfast & service were excellent and they serve a lovely pint of Moretti. A special thanks to Sim for being such a great host.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2021

Having read reviews on here prior to my stay, I must admit I was a little worried. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how clean, modern and comfy the room was. Yes it was on the small side, but it is an old building, you kind of have to expect this. The room was actually very well laid out considering the size. I was a solo traveller, and a couple in this room may have struggled, but could have managed for a short stay. I was looking for a base for my stay and not a room to spend all day in, which perhaps may have been the problem others faced? The breakfast was very good and the service fantastic. Working in hospitality for most of my life, I know how hard it currently is, and the staff did a fantastic job. For those saying the owner is miserable, try thinking about the pressure he must be under in this climate. However, I must say that this is no excuse to be rude to your team, which I did see upon check in.

I would definitely return, probably one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2021

There is only two good points about this hotel. Firstly the young staff are absolutely fantastic, this includes the bar staff and the girls who service the bedrooms. However it excludes the receptionist at the sister hotel opposite where we had to check in.She was rude and unfriendly and totally unprofessional.
The second good thing was our room (room3) which was very clean and had plenty of room. However the shower was totally unacceptable, there was no room in it and there were no instructions as to how to work the shower which,strangely, had two shower heads.
The description on trip advisor said there were two restaurants serving the best British cuisine. Not true . There were no restaurants. The only food available were pizzas and various pasta dishes which were delivered from the shop next door. Not what we were lead to believe.
As well as the totally unacceptable shower, we found the older members of staff were rude, unhelpful and completely lacking in customer care skills.
The worst were the the two on duty for breakfast on Friday 8th October 2021. We arrived in the breakfast room to be told “ Stay there”. No please stay there, then”. Sanatize you hands” again no please. We were then asked for or breakfast order before my wife had even had a look at the menu. Basically the main harridan and her sidekick who was equally as rude, if not worse, wanted to get us out of the breakfast room as quickly as possible so that they could get the carpets cleaned.
I have never felt so humiliated and rushed over a meal as I felt that day. The main harridan was the same the second morning of our stay, and the final morning we decided to forgo breakfast and leave as early as possible.
This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and my recommendation is you avoid it like the plague.
In addition the owner came in twice and made no effort to engage with either bar customers or hotel guests. He was also overbearing and bullying to younger bar staff and came across as an arrogant prig.
Please don’t stay in this hotel, we were glad to escape.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel. Very noisy at night, especially late night check ins up to midnight.
Reviewed 6 October 2021

My partner and I visited this establishment for four nights recently. Firstly we really enjoyed using Newport as a base to visit IOW. The cooked breakfast was really good and may I say the chef cooks an excellent scrambled egg, just the way I like it. She then doubles up as receptionist and bar staff in the evening. Thank you we had a lovely 4 nights at The Wheatsheaf.

Date of stay: September 2021