“Friendly relaxed and quietly attentive”
Review of Hotel Central

Hotel Central
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Roosendaal
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The second I walked into the small reception I was pleasantly greeted in a genuinely friendly and attentive way,( by the proprietor), having just arrived from an overseas flight. After a relaxing breakfast went to my room which was simply furnished but adequate and quiet despite being on quite a busy T junction of small proportions, and slept without a murmur. Free Wi Fi although no tea making facilities but that may be commonplace in Europe. Nothing was too much for the proprietors who really were extremely considerate without being over the top. The breakfast options were adequate with freshly squeezed orange juice as a norm. The dinner menu was superb with what I considered to be a reasonably priced menu but superb food and accompanying wines list. One hotel I shall never forget.

Room Tip: I am not sure a tip is required as my room was probably as open to roads as most but great with inte...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed in the penthouse with family the night before my wedding. The staff were so helpful and friendly. Room was great - we had our own kitchen and living room. Family were in rooms in the hotel and they all looked modern and comfortable.

Highly recommend the hotel for dinner. It was lovely.

Hotel also left us complimentary bubbles which was a lovely touch! :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank klompen25
Reviewed 29 January 2011

If anyone is wondering where to stay in roosendaal - Hotel Central is THE ONE!! Really helpful staff, clean and spacious rooms, great restaurant with superb attention and fabulous breakfast allowing us a leisurely start to the day. Hard to beat!! Thank you hotel central.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I stayed at Hotel Central for two nights in September 2010. For me who travelled to the Netherlands for the first time, all I could say about this hotel is it is interesting.

I was given a "suite" that has two stories with "living room" upstairs and a small bedroom downstairs. The suites are located outside of the hotel and I had to walk on the street to a different entrance to a building adjacent to the main hotel building. The "foyer room" had no window but had a desk and a closet. It has a very narrow and sprial staircase to go to the second floor where there were some sofas, a desk, and a mini bar. I couldn't find any reason for me to go up there.

I didn't see any air condition in my room, only some radiators. It was very cold on the first night and I turned on the heat at both radiators. It was warm at first but in the middle of the night the heat stopped and it was freezingly cold in the room. I wish they could supply heat all day long.

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. There was no iron and iron board in the room. When I asked the front desk they were sent to me immediately. None of the power outlets in the room fit my power plugs. When I called the front desk, I was told they all disappeared. The next morning a lady found one for me after searching. I really appreciated that.

The location is very convenient for people who travel with train. Food and drink in the brasserie were good and the price was reasonable. Overall, this was an ok hotel to stay for those who have a short stop at Roosendaal.

One thing I have to point out is, wireless internet was included in my room charge, but the download speed was quite slow.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I have stayed at Hotel Central many times for both Business & Leisure over the past decade.
The hotel is very comfortable, Rooms are very clean, Bathrooms are large with a ready supply of toiletries,
Rooms are Air Conditioned (operated by remote control)
Rooms also have a safe and well stocked mini Bar.
There is a wide range of high quality food available for breakfast.
The staff are very courteous and obliging.

The Hotel restaurant is simply superb with classy decor, The bar area though reasonably small is comfortable and very well socked. both, very fairly priced.
If you arrive into Roosendaal by train the hotel is just across the road.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank abbf-fan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roosendaal
1.9 km away
19.9 km away
Novotel Breda
Novotel Breda
#6 of 16 in Breda

Been to Hotel Central? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK