Review Highlights
Interesting mix...

....of Gallo-Roman artifacts, temporary exhibitions, historic cars, and sculpture garden. We went... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
plaisaeb
Chestertown, Maryland
Interesting museum with nice gardens

Interesting small museum with Roman artifacts, modern exhibitions, occasional concerts and a car... read more

Reviewed 25 August 2018
Shopbe
Bern, Switzerland
via mobile

All reviews sculpture garden car museum roman artifacts old cars on display henry moore permanent collection sunny day great museum classic cars cezanne exhibition gallo roman private collection worth every minute pleasant surprise panini renowned artists
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We enjoyed the wonderful venue, despite the cloudy weather the walk in the garden filled with contemporary sculptures and beautiful trees was worth the travel. The Soulages exhibition was not so exciting but I understand that this is a very respected artists by the host. The cars exhibition is very interesting.

1  Thank danlucian
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Soulages exhibit on now, as of June 15/18. He painted huge all black canvases. Quite a variety of his work. Photo display of him, as well.
I’m thankful the cars and sculpture garden are included in the admission.
Seniors get a small discount.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

A nice space for art with a spectacular antique automobile collection in the basement so good as make your trip worth it if you enjoy the beauty of the auto. Frankly, I’ve never seen such a fine collection in one place before. Tip: the fondue in town was awesome as well.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I won't repeat other reviews in respect of the Gianadda itself...it's a lovely space, with beautiful gardens especially when, as now, the magnolias are in bloom. We went specifically to see the Toulouse-Lautrec exhibition and I know it's on for a while so I thought a review might be useful to someone. It's very limited in its content. Basically it's his poster series for the Moulin Rouge, showing most posters more than once in each stage of their development. I find them passionless and cold. Others will, I am sure, disagree. As ever, they are beautifully displayed...I just didn't like them much. The famous confetti packaging artwork is there, as are a couple of studies of horses, but that's your lot. I appreciate that this is a private collection and maybe the owners specifically focused on his commercial artwork, but it seems an opportunity missed by the Gianadda not to try to round up a few more works from what was a very prolific artist. Maybe they tried and failed, I don't know, but I came away chilled and dissatisfied. Great for those who already love T-L's commercial works...a little disappointing for the rest of us.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The main reason for the visit was my wife wanting to go, we did not have high expectations for the children (both under 11) but thankfully the opposite was true. The sculptures in the large garden space offered a great opportunity to explore and view the varied exhibits. Great for the adults too. Inside, there was a great photographic exhibition from around Europe. Some really eye catching moments captured in time. Inside the main building, the car exhibition is a must see. You are really taken back in time with some amazing vehicles in show. We had a fantastic lunch of steak frites for the adults and pasta and a pannini for the kids. A big hit quality food and very friendly service.
I cannot rate this attraction highly enough and would recommend as a must see while in Martigny.