See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2017

This was the second time staying here and it was great. There were 4 of us and we ended up having a full floor to ourselves. The rooms have everything you need in them, the bathrooms are clean and have hair dryers and towels etc. The staff are even ok with you eating your own food in the dining area, there is a microwave and a small fridge which is perfect. You can even use the coffee machine and just add a few coins to the piggy bank for them :) It's a really quirky cool place and the staff are happy to help you with anything.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank VYoung20
Reviewed 8 March 2017

The 3 of us showed up with short notice and they found space in the penthouse suite (at the very top) with no problems. We enjoyed a 3 course dinner prepared by a great chef for a mere 25chf and had a good night with a few beers at the in-house bar. Everything was better than expected, from service to food to the mattresses.. it turned into the perfect getaway!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

I came to Laax by way of chance, on a recommendation, a whim and a few bucks. Guschtie and the Capricorn staff not only welcomed my brother and I with open arms, they also happily gave us more info than we could ever have asked for. As a result, we spent 48 hours doing some of the most awesome and unforgettable activities of my life. And we did it all through Guschtie who offers his guests some great discounts on equipment, bikes, lift tickets and transportation. Additionally, the Capricorn was a great place, very homey, clean and cozy. I'll gorge myself on Nutella for breakfast any day, thank you very much. I will definitely be back. 5/5.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2014

As plant biologist I spend a considerable time every from spring to fall up the mountains doing research. I work where you guys make holidays. As the days are long and the working load heavy, we are always happy to return to the Capricorn in the evening. Guschti is a great guy, that has been helpful always as troubles in the field occured (and they occure quite often). We fell like home, or better said, in summer it is our home. If you are looking for a economic hostel with a alternative atmosphere, this is the place. If you are looking for luxury and eating a lot of meat, then go to a Hotel and pay 3 times more... I am greatful for this place, it made my daily life a little bit colourful. Thanks Gusti and Crew

Room Tip: 14 (incl WIFI), 23, 31, 32... these are our favorites.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We planned a short holiday in Laax and needed a cheap and cheerfull place to stay. As for usual, spending more money, doesn't automatically mean the quality of the place will improve at the same rate. Hence the fact we went for the cheapest option, Capricorn Hostel!
Location:
Excellent location, it's "around the corner" from the skilift and there is a track you can use to ski back to the hostel (don't go to far otherwise you'll end up on the tarmac). There is some parking space next to the hostel, otherwise there is a parking lot across the road. For the non-drivers, there is a busstop right opposite the hotel.
The hostel:
Don't expect anything fancy, modern and trendy. You get what you pay for, but I do think it gives the hostel that little bit of charm and a easy going feel to it. There is a breakfast/dining area and a bar. The breakfast is basic, but no different from what I would eat at home. We didn't try the dinner option, but it's a vegetarian style dinner. The bar is a great place to hang out in the evening, there's a beamer that shows extreme sports dvd's, so that's right on the money for the people who stay at the Capricorn Hostel.
The room:
We had 2 rooms, one with seperate beds and one with a bunkbed. The beds and duvets were, despite our initial expectation, surprisingly comfortable. The rooms aren't big, but how much time will you spend there anyway? Again, don't expect anything fancy, modern and trendy, the rooms are basic and that's it. The bathroom was basic as well, but with a great shower! (which comensates tenfold for anything else you might miss!) ;-)
The owner:
The owner is a friendly and helpfull guy, who was more than willing to answer all our questions and help us with what we needed. (Despite some other reviews, we had no(!) problems what so ever!)
Storage
There is a shed outside that is locked where you can store your snowboard/skis, I wouldn't want to take 'm in your room as there isn't that much space.

All in all, we had a great stay and based on what we paid, we had good value for money. If you want luxury and fancy stuff, up your budget (a lot) and find something else, if you need a cheap place to stay which has all the basic necessities, then Capricorn Hostel is a great option!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends