“Great fish and seafood”
Review of Es Balconet

Es Balconet
Ranked #17 of 114 Restaurants in Cadaques
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

It is well worth the short walk up a rather steep hill to reach this restaurant. The staff are friendly, the service very good and the fish and seafood very fresh and beautifully prepared.
We went in partly because we had read reviews but also because when we were perusing the menu in the early evening a young member of staff who was just arriving for work bothered to say hello.
The experience was so good we went back again the following night!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Dining at Es Balconet is a very special experience with exceptional food, service and charm. It is just a short walk off the Main Street by the sea. You will want to get there early. It fills up very quickly. When you arrive the staff is very welcoming. You feel like you are joining a family meal. The restaurant quiet, comfortable and casual. As you would expect the menu mainly consists of sea food. But there are some other great options if you are the member of your party that doesn't eat fish. We started with the house vino blanco. Which was light and dry. A great pairing for our entire meal. The soup of the day was a rustic creamy tomato soup with olive oil and a pepper with floral notes. The acidic and creamy components were perfectly balanced. And the olive oil and pepper added another layer of taste that continued to evolve after the first bite. We then had a grilled sea bass with wok stir fried vegetables. Again the fish was cook to perfection. There was a very light sauce that enhanced the taste of this mild fish. And the vegetables were a perfect compliment to the fish. Here you have the option of baked, roasted or stir fried vegetables. The only one note component of the fish was the serving of white rice. It wasn't needed or eaten. We finished our meal with a cocoa truffle with fruit infused dipping sauces. This course was also incredible and very fun to eat. The dish presentation allowed the diner to create multiple pairings by combing the sauces in different ways. Each bite was new and extraordinary. And continued to pair perfectly with the wine. If you are looking for a great overall dining experience that is very reasonably price, Es Balconet is a great choice. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I travel a lot, I like to eat out a lot, I've had a lot of good meals on my travels, some of my best meals have been in Lima, Peru, Cartagena, Colombia, and Saigon, Vietnam; but, I have always loved Paella. I loved Paella since I was a child, being born in Chile, seafood was a staple of Chilean cuisine, and Paella of course was too. Nevertheless, this paella I had at Es Balconet was outstanding. I was lucky enough to personally meet the chef, the kitchen staff and the servers who happened to be friends of a friend of mine who took me there.

Seafood is freshly procured every morning from the fishermen of the village and a display of the fish available is brought to your table for you to pick your fish, but I knew I was gonna order the paella way before I even arrived to the restaurant.

We were pleasantly surprised with some fried seafood appetizers (on the house) and we order a magnificent bottle of oak aged Spanish Chardonnay, which was the best I had in a few years. The paella for two was magnificent, and it would have easily fed 4 people. the ambiance and service were outstanding and in all honesty If I go to Spain again, this will be one the first places I will go visit.

We finished with a wonderful chocolate lava cake with ice cream that was so good, that I would have licked the plate if I was not in a public place. With a final bill of about 70 bucks for the full meal including the wine I would consider this a great deal compared to American standards.

I really can not wait to go back to this hidden culinary jewel.

1  Thank carlos p
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Food excellent and the staff were great small menu but a varied choice well presented and tasty will definitely visit again if in the area

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Found the little place online and decided to book for dinner with our kids. Kids meals were great. We had a set menu starting with cream of tomato soup and tuna carpaccio, paella then homemade icecream. The food was delicious and fresh...also amazing value. The restaurant is gorgeous and intimate it can be found up a narrow laneway away from the beach a little and as someone else mentioned this place doesn't need a view its wonderful already. I would love to try everything on the menu but there are not enough days. Highly recommend.