“Fun way to spend the Day!”

Quad & Buggy Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: . Tourist center for all kind of excursions. Special offer for pack like: buggy & bike, buggy & catamaran, twizy tour eco-tour. Fro 2007 in fuerteventura and from 1999 in quad and buggy rent market.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great experience for young and old! Brilliant way to spend a few hours and great way to experience all the island has to offer! Real mad max stuff :)

All reviews
"landscape"
in 2 reviews
"dunes"

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We had the buggy tour booked for 14.03.18 for myself, partner and Dad.

We had an absolute ball!! Our tour guide was called Marco, he was fantastic and spoke perfect English which helped when explaining the rules on the buggys etc.

We set off and stopped at our first stop and I was breath taking, the views were something else, we took our go prop to capture it all whilst on the move.

After the 2nd stop we started to head home when all of a sudden the tour stopped.

My partner was in the tour guides buggys as his passenger and both of them got out and we were all confused, unbeknownst to me my partner got down on one knee and proposed to me!! Of course I said yes!!

My partner had told the tour guide that was his plan and he picked the best place for my partner to do it, he actually mentioned no one had ever done that on the buggy tour and was really over the moon.

He took a picture of us for trip advisor and I was hoping if he sees this review he will get in touch and we would love to seethe photo he took.

Thank you for such an amazing trip Marco!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Tour is now done in eco cars that fits two people at least one person needs to hold a licence but dont worry if you have no licence just ask they will arrange for you to go as a passenger in a car . Tour is priced at 59e for two people for 3 hrs and you pay extra if you want to do camel ride . Bring some monkey nuts as you get to go up and feed the squirrels (chipmonks) only con I would have is that it is a very rushed trip but still enjoyed it

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We were very excited about the prospect of the adventure in Dune Buggies, especially our 9 year old.
When we turned up we were met by a very presentable young lady who took our money then informed us we had to go to another location to start the tour.
We then walked around the corner to only what can be described as a scrap yard, where we were presented by a fleet of buggies that were clearly on there last legs.
When I sat on mine they cable tied the battery to the framework.
We then set off in a convoy of some 13 buggies, within two miles the buggy I was in was loosing power I had to pull over out of the traffic on the main road as it was dangerously slow , we made it to the off road section when we encountered the first hill my buggy broke down. I waited for some 20 mins before one of the instructors came past in another buggy and swapped over.
We then got to the first official tour which was up a volcano but we were so late we only got half way up and had to turn round. We then began the second leg which lasted some 500 yards before a further three buggies broke down ( never to be seen again) I then managed driving my new buggy for about 5 mins before it then broke down as well. I was then informed by the instructor I should drive his vehicle an ancient RAV 4 that wasn't fit for the road. Further breakdowns occurred and by the time we arrived back only five vehicles were still running.
A four hour tour and for two hrs plus we were sat on the side of the road with broken vehicles . Do not under any circumstances use this company .

2  Thank BecDuffy
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We did the 4 hour buggytour (4h).

All the guides were friendly and helpful. In general the tour is very nice and could be worth it's money.

However...

In general the technical condition of all buggy's was very poor. Our buggy did not broke down but the brakes hardly worked and it's roof fell apart during the tour. To me it seems Volcano Tours only repairs but does hardly do any maintenance.

In my life I did quite some similar tours, also in Corralejo. In all those tours I never experienced so many failed buggy's.

If Volcano manages to maintain their equipment I can recommend this tour. Based on our own experiences I do not recommend Volcano Tours.

A brief description of our tour:
The start of our tour was planned at 14h. After the regular information was told we all were given a buggy. One of the buggy's did not start. After the issues with that buggy were solved we left at 14.40h - so approx 30 minutes later then planned.

Immediately after the first stop, a nice walk to a volcano and seeing lot's of groundsquirrels, the second buggy stopped and the guides tried to fix it. After some unsuccesfull attemps and a 15-20 minutes wait the buggy was left behind. The drivers were given a seat in another buggy.

Less then one kilometer further a third buggy stopped working, again 20-30 minutes waiting until a guy with a jeep came and got the buggy running again. After the 2nd stop in Cotillo again a buggy stopped working.

The 3rd stop (Majanicho) was skipped completely, I asume due to time-issues. This as we already were late.

At approx 18.30 we got back, the actual tourtime (so minus waitingtime due to failures) was just over 3 hours.

2  Thank Oz O