Review Highlights
Buyer beware false advertising

Sold to us as 4 hour trip travelling to volcano,dunes and El Cotillo Paid €158 for myself,hubby and... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018
Hayley H
via mobile
Enjoyable day

Reviewed 23 October 2017
Missyme4free33
Dublin, Ireland

Recommended experiences in and around Corralejo
from US$ 50.87
from US$ 54.91
from US$ 115.61
from US$ 69.36
More Info
All reviews hour trip great fun my partner dust volcano bandana el route island dunes
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We had the buggy tour booked for 14.03.18 for myself, partner and Dad.

We had an absolute ball!! Our tour guide was called Marco, he was fantastic and spoke perfect English which helped when explaining the rules on the buggys etc.

We set off and stopped at our first stop and I was breath taking, the views were something else, we took our go prop to capture it all whilst on the move.

After the 2nd stop we started to head home when all of a sudden the tour stopped.

My partner was in the tour guides buggys as his passenger and both of them got out and we were all confused, unbeknownst to me my partner got down on one knee and proposed to me!! Of course I said yes!!

My partner had told the tour guide that was his plan and he picked the best place for my partner to do it, he actually mentioned no one had ever done that on the buggy tour and was really over the moon.

He took a picture of us for trip advisor and I was hoping if he sees this review he will get in touch and we would love to seethe photo he took.

Thank you for such an amazing trip Marco!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Tour is now done in eco cars that fits two people at least one person needs to hold a licence but dont worry if you have no licence just ask they will arrange for you to go as a passenger in a car . Tour is priced at 59e for two people for 3 hrs and you pay extra if you want to do camel ride . Bring some monkey nuts as you get to go up and feed the squirrels (chipmonks) only con I would have is that it is a very rushed trip but still enjoyed it

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We were very excited about the prospect of the adventure in Dune Buggies, especially our 9 year old.
When we turned up we were met by a very presentable young lady who took our money then informed us we had to go to another location to start the tour.
We then walked around the corner to only what can be described as a scrap yard, where we were presented by a fleet of buggies that were clearly on there last legs.
When I sat on mine they cable tied the battery to the framework.
We then set off in a convoy of some 13 buggies, within two miles the buggy I was in was loosing power I had to pull over out of the traffic on the main road as it was dangerously slow , we made it to the off road section when we encountered the first hill my buggy broke down. I waited for some 20 mins before one of the instructors came past in another buggy and swapped over.
We then got to the first official tour which was up a volcano but we were so late we only got half way up and had to turn round. We then began the second leg which lasted some 500 yards before a further three buggies broke down ( never to be seen again) I then managed driving my new buggy for about 5 mins before it then broke down as well. I was then informed by the instructor I should drive his vehicle an ancient RAV 4 that wasn't fit for the road. Further breakdowns occurred and by the time we arrived back only five vehicles were still running.
A four hour tour and for two hrs plus we were sat on the side of the road with broken vehicles . Do not under any circumstances use this company .

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank BecDuffy
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We did the 4 hour buggytour (4h).

All the guides were friendly and helpful. In general the tour is very nice and could be worth it's money.

However...

In general the technical condition of all buggy's was very poor. Our buggy did not broke down but the brakes hardly worked and it's roof fell apart during the tour. To me it seems Volcano Tours only repairs but does hardly do any maintenance.

In my life I did quite some similar tours, also in Corralejo. In all those tours I never experienced so many failed buggy's.

If Volcano manages to maintain their equipment I can recommend this tour. Based on our own experiences I do not recommend Volcano Tours.

A brief description of our tour:
The start of our tour was planned at 14h. After the regular information was told we all were given a buggy. One of the buggy's did not start. After the issues with that buggy were solved we left at 14.40h - so approx 30 minutes later then planned.

Immediately after the first stop, a nice walk to a volcano and seeing lot's of groundsquirrels, the second buggy stopped and the guides tried to fix it. After some unsuccesfull attemps and a 15-20 minutes wait the buggy was left behind. The drivers were given a seat in another buggy.

Less then one kilometer further a third buggy stopped working, again 20-30 minutes waiting until a guy with a jeep came and got the buggy running again. After the 2nd stop in Cotillo again a buggy stopped working.

The 3rd stop (Majanicho) was skipped completely, I asume due to time-issues. This as we already were late.

At approx 18.30 we got back, the actual tourtime (so minus waitingtime due to failures) was just over 3 hours.

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank OzO11
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I so wish I'd read the reviews before I booked this tour.

We booked in El Campanario shopping centre with a lovely lady who assured us this was the best tour of this type.
We were really excited for this tour (12/06/17) and duly arrived the following morning at the meeting point (having paid for a taxi) to meet about 12 other equally excited couples. However that excitement soon stopped and turned to anger.
The owners turned up and after taking our money gave us a 30 second safety briefing, which not everybody understood or could hear. No matter because it just consisted of 'this is the brake, this is the accelerator, keep 50 mts apart.'
We then headed over to the buggies. Most of them looked really quite tatty, which I put down to the fact it was an off road tour. Cables ties, wires hanging, the stench of fuel, they really didn't look roadworthy. I've seen better looking buggies in the movie 'Mad Max'.
Our buggy wouldn't start because of a flat battery. Then the couple in front had the same issue. Before long 4 buggies wouldn't start.
It then transpired that there was not enough buggies for the group so the management frantically prepared two more buggies while we sat there waiting. The management hadn't even pre prepared these vehicles, or indeed counted the number of people participating.
Tyres were flat that needed inflating, buggies were out of fuel, batteries flat all over the place and two buggies wouldn't start at all, one had a problem with a wheel that required the vehicle jacking up and hastily repaired.....and when I saw a guy get into that vehicle with his young son it made me wonder what repair they had done!
We had no choice but to sit there whilst the unhurrried mechanic bimbled from buggy to buggy poking and prodding with seemingly very little clue.
After 30 minutes the leader just shouted to follow him and a group of about 6 buggies all left, with us just sat there in our broken down buggies!! He'd clearly had enough of waiting and so just left the rest of us sat there.
Then a character turned up, who introduced himself as 'George Clooney' and started dancing around in front of us as his 'mechanic' attempted to start the remaining buggies. After a couple of minutes of George Clowney one couple had enough and left the yard after an irate phone call....I assume to the owner of this cowboy outfit.
Another 15 minutes sat there and 3 more buggies were jump started and cable tied so that they ran and 'George' left with them. That left just us in the hands of the worst mechanic I've ever met. Scratching his head and laughing he spoke no English and just stood there!! It was at that point we'd had enough and jumped out to demand our money back.
45 minutes trying to start buggies, repairing buggies and being 'entertained by George Clowney' was just too much.

Honestly THE most dreadful holiday 'experience tour' we've ever been on anywhere.

When we returned to the seller in El Campanario she was shocked and said this has never happened before. But having now read the numerous poor reviews I find this hard to believe.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this company like a dose of the plague.
To me it seemed like a classic excursion scam. Out of 13 buggies, they got half out and going without problems leaving the rest to fend for themselves, so they're still earning money. For every ten buggies they manage to start if they get half out on the road it's still an earner for them.

My girlfriend runs a travel agency and is often asked by her customers about excursions. This is one excursion she will NOT be recommending.

I have attached a picture of our ticket as I have read reviews where the management deny all knowledge of the problems, even stating that the reviewer had left the review for the wrong company. Strangely enough if you read the reviews an awful lot of the positive are left, but for the wrong company. There are 8 on the island apparently and people get confused.....because I seriously doubt that this outfit would receive one positive review.

We have now booked with another company who really do look the business. Comfortable buggies, brilliant reviews and only 5 euros more.

Having read the other reviews on here and witnessing how the management abuse their customers in their response I have no doubt I'll be on the receiving end of it too. But after our experience this morning this review had to be written.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank FergusMcWergus
Jacopo A, Direttore vendite at Quad & Buggy Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

We make thousand and thousand excursions in the past years, and people use trip advisor only to put bad feedback. Is 27 in 10 years!
We are sorry if this was an unluky day, but can be happen. Geaoge cloney, try ti make him better but some times ,when we are full , cant be ebought. Sorry again , we have tried to finish the excursion and it was happen...a few minutes in the natural park, of corralejo, to wait and solve the buggy problems is not a nightmare... probably if you make maindfullness for few seconds you enjoy also this stop and be happy for the mad max tour! ;) next time try the eco buggy twizy electric, is the future of the buggy and we are the first also with this.
Rgds