My first review on this site, but felt I needed to after reading previous reports on Oasis Dunas. On arrival we were surprised and very happy with what we found. The hotel complex is clean with good decor, staff are extremely friendly - we have a 3 yr old son who without exception they were great with. As far as facilities go, the pools are clean (although a bit on the chilly side so be warned), the restaurant had a wide range of food both morning and night with a mixture of 'traditional' British dishes as well as more adventurous stuff (but I would never describe it as bad by the way), and the flats are comfy, although not luxury. We had a cleaner in virtually daily, the flat itself was fine for the three of us, kitchen was a bit basic but given we were half board we never really used it other than the fridge! We found the mattresses a little hard, but again that is possibly more our individual flat rather than a view for the whole complex (hence our sleep quality rating).The location couldn't be better for a family - just 5 minutes walk from the town centre and about 500m from a smaller quieter shopping complex with some nice shops and a really nice courtyard cafe area (turn left at the hotel entrance). We also discovered that its only 5 minutes on the bus to the dunes just outside the town which are simply stunning - I'd well recommend it - and again the bus stop is within a couple of hundred metres of the hotel. There wasn't much happening when we were there for kids, but we came back just as the season really got underway so couldn't comment fully. On the other hand our apartment was just round the corner from the playground next to the Kids Club which our son loved playing on and had free access to - it was always very quiet down that section by the way (B4 & 5).
We cannot fault the place for the amount we paid for the holiday, the Thomas Cook rep was really helpful, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves after our 11 nights there. Any of the negative reviews slating the appearance or quality of the hotel clearly have some axe to grind and I would recommend that people go with an open mind before giving them too much credence. We will be going back soon I hope!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Duna apartments - Hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura). With an extension of 60.000m2, is a large tropical garden with a massive pool area and an expansive sun terrace. The large common areas with bars, restaurants, recreation areas, theater and beautiful gardens are ideal for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. The complex has 340 apartments, all equipped with kitchennette and bathroom, as well as furnished balcony or terrace. Its location is ideal, located just 50m from the main street and 900m from Corralejo beach. The Natural Park of the Dunes of Corralejo is located at 2km and the airport at 38km. It also has other touristic attractions around it, such as ACUA water park at 200m, El Campanario Shopping Center and Las Plameras Shopping Center, wich are 400m away. The one and two bedroom apartments, and especially the children's pools and slides, make this complex an ideal place to spend the holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Oasis Duna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Oasis Dunas
- Oasis Duna Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Duna
- Dunas Fuerteventura Oasis
- Oasis Dunas Fuerteventura
- Oasis Duna Hotel Corralejo, Fuerteventura