“The customer is not always right”
Review of Fishtales

Fishtales
Ranked #11 of 31 Restaurants in Norton
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I grew up going to this restaurant as a child and have many good memories of it. One thing that really drew me into it was the fried oysters they had. On account of this, I decided to take my family there from our eastern Kentucky homestead on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
Upon getting our seat, we were then greeted by a server and ordered our dinners, mine of which I ordered a side of fried oysters. After approximately 15 minutes, our food was delivered, all except for the oysters, in which I was told was on the way. After only a bite or two, I was approached by a middle aged bleached-blonde woman who told me she was the manager. She then informed me that I could not get oysters on the side, but only as a dinner. I took this as a surprise seeing as I had specifically asked the server if I could order them like this. I proceeded to take the manager away to the side (really the front door because of the small restaurant size) and explained to her that we had drove 45 minutes, and had specifically asked if I could get oysters on the side, seeing as that was the main reason we came, and we were told yes. She then told me that the server was new and had made a mistake. I asked why I had not been told this before my meal arrived and why she was the specific person whom told me my oysters would be out shortly instead of just telling me this then. She was dumbfounded on words and continued to try to sell me an extra dinner, on top of the fried sampler platter and crab legs I had already ordered. Excruciated by this time at this woman, I told her since I had brought my family (Parents, brother, girlfriend) for a dinner, I would pay for theirs but I was not going to eat mine nor pay for it she could call the police if she needed. Instead of doing like a normal business would, she removed the dinner from my table and took it straight to the back in which I have no clue what happened to it afterwards. Seeing as though I had the sampler platter, crab legs and crab cakes and was above $40 for just my meal already, to me this seemed a very bad business decision, considering it could had simple been fixed with a simple side of oysters, unless they salvaged them on the next people whom ordered this.
I am basing my review on this simple experience that should had never happened and could have easily been avoided. The customer is always right, huh?

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We went an hour before closing on a weeknight with a large group. We were staying in a hotel nearby and weren't aware of the hours. They were very kind and gracious. We had a rather long wait under the circumstances, but the food was well worth the wait! They didnt seem to mind and were very nice.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I make a point of visiting Fishtales at least once a month. The seafood is very good, but the chicken is some of the best I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

My dad doesn't like any restaurant and he liked fishtales. I always get the sampler platter it is amazing. Their hush puppies are so good we took they to a fish fry we went to. Good experience everything we go.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Not what I expected...food is bland staffing is not friendly i had takeout and it went in the trash i wont be going back

Been to Fishtales? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK