“Impressed with cleanliness”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Norton
Reston, Virginia
“Impressed with cleanliness”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

As a Platinum Priority Club Member I rarely ever feel appreciated for my loyalty. At Check In I was presented with a goodie bag that included cookies, water and a very warm welcome letter. The front desk staff was also very helpful and courteous. Once I entered my room, I also found a basket of toiletries in case I forgot anything and thanking me once again for being a Platinum member. If only more hotels appreciated their loyal customers as much as this hotel. The Restaurant was incredible as well, if you haven't tried it, I definitely suggest that you do, it is a hidden treasure if you haven't discovered it yet.. The housekeeping staff also did a great job and the rooms were very clean as well as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Fairly new hotel, but Beds are uncomfortable and internet kept loosing signal. Couldn't use Nook Tablet either would not connect to wifi. Also no breakfast offered, have to eat at their resturant thats onsite and it's $$$ and bot worth it. I won't be back!! Couldn't get into theor Business Center because only one computer shoved into small area and had others using it

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I booked the room through Holiday Inn.com and redeemed a "reward night" for the stay.The hotel itself was great, the room was neat, clean and spacious. The pool was fine (no hot tub though)..... Our check in was super easy. We were attending my mother's funeral so, I appreciate the ease on that day. However, upon checkout, I discovered that even though the room was a "reward point night" and I should not have been charged, the hotel had charged my credit card $169 for the night. When I addressed the charge with the clerk, who represented herself as the hotel GM (her name was Annie), she called me a liar and said that there was no charge. I confirmed with my bank, but was treated with eye rolls and a complete lack of compassion or concern from Annie. I had to dispute the charge with my bank to have it removed. On a day when I was already emotional, Annie, the supposed General Manager of the hotel, managed to make the trip even worse than I believed possible. I am going back into the area this weekend, but am staying at Comfort Inn. Unless you have an extra couple of hundred dollars to play with, I would not stay here. And just to add, I contacted Holiday Inn customer service and requested help, but have had no response from them at all.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank enicolegillenwater

Travellers are raving about these Norton hotels

Wise, VA
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We are locals and booked a room special for Valentine's Day, which happens to be our anniversary. Check in was easy, room appeared to be nice and clean. TV okay also. We showered and went up to the restaurant for dinner as we had reservations for the special "Lobster and Steak" at 6 p.m. We had been to this restaurant many times before and this is why we knew about the valentine's day special; the hostess told us about it. We were seated right away, and the waiter brought us water. We didn't even have to place an order as it was prereserved for us with our package. 45 minutes later a salad was delivered to our table. 2 rolls only. We asked for more but they were never delivered. 30 minutes later, the waiter came back to clean the salad plates away. 1 hour later the waiter came back and said that they were out of lobster. They would double up on our steak. I'll admit, we were happy being there because it is our special day. Then the County Administrator walked in and was served a losbster and steak dinner with in 15 minutes. We had been there over three hours and had ate a salad. We walked out, checked out, and went to a Taco Bell and ate. That reminded me of our 7th wedding anniversary in Hawaii when we had snorkeled so long that Taco Bell was the only thing left open. Our evening ended up great, but I never recommend this place and I book rooms for 75 people at a time for my job. One burned, twice shy. Oh, and they never did apologize. Just said they were overbooked for that special.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shayfaye
Kentucky
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Loved my recent stay at this Holiday Inn. Located in the downtown area of Norton off of highway 58 (I believe). About 2 miles from the exit off of 23 South.

First time to this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean this hotel was. Not sure, but I believe this has to be a newer property. Very clean place. Room was well above average. Bedding was good. The bed frame was a little squeaky--but I am a big person.

Amenities in room were good. Nothing to really complain about. If anything, the elevator was a little slow. I am reaching to say anything bad about this hotel. Service was fabulous. The lady who checked me in answered all of my questions about the various places to eat in the area.

Hotel is located next to a good Italian restaurant and across the street from a CVS (or Walgreen, I can't remember now). But nice to have those places close.

This is a full-service hotel with a restaurant on the top floor.

Would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norton
13.3 km away
7.0 km away
The Inn at Wise
The Inn at Wise
#2 of 2 in Wise

Been to Holiday Inn Norton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK