“Surprised at quality of Holiday Inn Norton”
Review of Holiday Inn Norton

Holiday Inn Norton
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Norton
Kentucky
“Surprised at quality of Holiday Inn Norton”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Loved my recent stay at this Holiday Inn. Located in the downtown area of Norton off of highway 58 (I believe). About 2 miles from the exit off of 23 South.

First time to this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean this hotel was. Not sure, but I believe this has to be a newer property. Very clean place. Room was well above average. Bedding was good. The bed frame was a little squeaky--but I am a big person.

Amenities in room were good. Nothing to really complain about. If anything, the elevator was a little slow. I am reaching to say anything bad about this hotel. Service was fabulous. The lady who checked me in answered all of my questions about the various places to eat in the area.

Hotel is located next to a good Italian restaurant and across the street from a CVS (or Walgreen, I can't remember now). But nice to have those places close.

This is a full-service hotel with a restaurant on the top floor.

Would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Absoulutely a fabulous place to eat-an oasis of fine food in a desert of ordinary offerings. There is not much in this part of the county, but boy is this a gem! The hotel is nice-a better Holiday Inn in my book, but the restaurant! Park Avenue Bar & Grille is on the 5th Floor and is a destination in itself worth a trip to Norton. The food is high quality 'comfort food'-do try the peppercorn meat loaf-but the "board specials" are really special and so reasonable for high quality, nicely plated and generous portions. You can get such trendy items as korean barbeque, fish tacos, duck, etc., as well as a great steak. Dinner last nite was a linguini with seafood (including a lobster tail!) and chorizo and I will be eating for 3 days-all for only $19! I can spend that much on a fast food meal! if they have pork chops make sure you order them. Spinich salad is also A+. As for the desserts - oh boy - my favorite though is their creme brule (all flavors). Treat yourself - it's hard to believe such a small out of the way town can have such a 5 star establishment

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

All in all, it's a nice hotel. My stepson is a policeman in the town and he told us this was the safest place to stay. Apparently the other hotels -- the nice Inn down the road -- has been inhabited by construction laborers in the area and there have been many visits by the police for drunken behavior and violence.

They didn't have the king sized bed we ordered, so they upgraded us to one with a whirlpool for no extra charge -- very nice staff!

The restaurant on top is okay -- funny story: we were there one night with our son, his wife and our new grandbaby. We pick a table near the window for the view. A very loud family is in the table next to us. They come over and close the shade on the window because the sun is in THEIR eyes. We order salmon -- sorry, we're out -- and the table next to us gets salmon!! Wow. Turns out, it was the owners of the hotel celebrating with their (noisy!) grandkids.

The next morning, I related my sad, salmon story to a nice guy at breakfast who turned out to be in charge of Food and Beverage at the hotel and he comped our breakfast! So all in all..as I said, it was a nice place. Very clean.

Oh, one thing -- did I mention the train that runs in the back of the hotel all night long? I would say it's unavoidable in all of Norton. Have a fun trip!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ktcoloradoinvirgina
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This hotel is brand new, grounds are very nice and clean, has no out door pool but a very nice indoor pool. Rooms are clean and nice. Has a great restaurant inside the hotel. This is the nicest hotel in the area of Wise Co. va. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 August 2011

They are updating but it is a very nice area with a great staff

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norton
13.3 km away
7.0 km away
The Inn at Wise
The Inn at Wise
#2 of 2 in Wise

Been to Holiday Inn Norton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK