All reviews animation team ice pops air con kids club bar staff salad pool area rifle shooting table tennis slush machine snack bar great holiday soft drinks family holiday the kids loved self service hot and cold food
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Arrived at the hotel on sat 18/8 1:30am in the morning me and my b3 young sons. Was asked for my holiday voucher which was in my suitcase so was asked to provide it in the morning. Woke up had breakfast and went to reception to hand in voucher. Before I even handed the reception the voucher the receptionist knew what room I was staying in. And challenged Me for writing a review about the beds and cocktails somewhere. I had no idea what she was talking about as I had only arrived there 12 hours before. She then asked maybe it was one of my family? I said I have 3 young boys with me. Maybe it was the person who was in the room before me. Now in a hotel where there are very few English people and limited English language this made me feel a little isolated. Next day my son inhaled water from the pool and was complaining of ear ache. Hotel called the dr who said ear infection this cost me €140 for call out and prescription. Chemist shut at 8pm so it was too late for medication. Not even the spar sells paracetamol and with nobody speak My English in the hotel my son was in agony until the next morning. Next morning came and his left eye was black and blue and swollen. I decided to take him to the nearest Hospital I’m Manacor. He had a a CAT scan and blood test and was diagnosed with acute synisitis, pre orbital cellulitis and and abscess in his orbital socket. This was a result of inhaling the pool water. We were sent by ambulance to Palma Son Enpases Hospital where he had 3 hours of emergency surgery followed by week of IV antibiotics which is where we are now on day 3 of antibiotics. The hotel is ok food ok, rooms ok, I like the was kids can help them selves to soft drinks. Will I return here no as an English tourist I felt really isolated and didnot appreciate the receptionist accusing me of writing a review that I didn’t write. As for the hospitals here U couldn’t thank any of the Drs and nurse more than I have. Their care is fantastic especially Julie the nurse at Manacor she made me feel at ease in a country with limited English speaking people on my own with 3 young boys.

Room Tip: All rooms are in a good place room 49 is in an excellent place
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4409, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at HSM Club Torre Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Mrs. Stephanie,

We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

We are so sorry to hear that your son was unwell during the course of your holiday. We do hope that he is now fully recovered.

About the review, at the hotel we have a tool where our customers can evaluate their stay, the receptionist received your note, a "2", and that is why the receptionist asked you if you were happy and satisfied, we are very sorry if this bothered you.

We sincerely regret that your son was unwell during your stay and we hope that he is feeling better now.

Kind regards,

HSM Club Torre Blanca

Reviewed 14 August 2018

The pool was to small IF you look at the amount of guests. Internet didn˚t really work well. Sometimes hard fo find dining tables. People left their towels on the sunbed and left for hours. Should be a policy that states it is not allowed!Staff was great, Cleaning happend 4 out of 6 days

Reviewed 8 August 2018

One of the best hotels we have ever visited and we've been to some 4 star hotels that weren't as good as this. Rooms were spacious and very quiet, with very comfortable beds. We were never disturbed by other guests either in the rooms near us or from the entertainment. Breakfast was served until 11am, so there was no rushing in the mornings and there were plenty of sun beds and umbrellas so no rushing to put your towels down early in the morning (we went 31st July for a week - so during peak but the hotel never seemed over crowded).

The pool was deceptively spacious, although the children's pool is tiny and the pool is quiet deep - they did have a shallow end with steps leading into one of the main pools (they have two that are joined by a bridge).

Children could help themselves to slushies, ice creams and ice lollies whenever they wanted to and there was a self service coffee/tea/hot chocolate machine, fizzy pop machines and fruit juice dispensers - which meant that there was never a que at the bar for drinks (never been anywhere where you didn't have to que) Drinks were of a high quality and I especially liked the cocktails and chocolate shake with brandy. Bar staff were really friendly and remembered our drinks quickly.

Animation team were amazing, there were friendly and encouraged people to participate in all the activities without being pushy. I had seen reviews stating that only German had been spoken - but we didn't experience this, staff were always very helpful. They also have a variety of activities such as crazy golf and tennis to name but a few. Equipment could be hired from the animation team at different times of the day (with a small deposit) then you were able to play whenever you wanted to. The animation team also accept donations of beach umbrellas, floats, water guns, beach mats etc and guests can buy these for only 1 euro. The proceeds from this would go to a local dog charity. We purchased a beach umbrella (which was a god send when we spent a day at the beach as it was so hot - and saved us 5 euros to hire a bed and umbrella).

The hotel run a complimentary bus throughout the day - which is air conditioned and we were always able to get on it without waiting for too long, although we did walk down to the beach a few times - looking in the many shops as we went. The beach is simple to find as you just turn right out the hotel and follow the road down hill. The beach is fantastic, especially if you have children. Clean sandy beach and you could walk out for ages as it was very shallow with few waves. There was even a burger king (if you feel homesick for a taste of home).

Entertainment at night was really good, we enjoyed every night. This is held in an amphitheatre under the restaurant. I am not very good with stairs, but even I managed and there was plenty of space for everyone, so no rushing to get the best seats.

The only slight downside was the food, as it was quiet limited in selection, although we were always able to find somethings we liked. My children especially enjoyed their pizza. There was never any queuing to get a table, and food was replenished really quickly. Snacks were rubbish. It consisted of slices of cheese and cold meats, with puddings and fruit. We didn't mind too much as we were always able to find things we liked in the restaurant.

All in all, this is the first hotel I have ever wanted to return to. In all other places we have stayed at there has always been something disappointing - however we all would love to return here next year and are already looking forward to booking our next holiday.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a stay at the Torre Blanca with my wife and two boys 11 and 8.
On arrival at 1.30 am the lovely night manager helped us to our room with a bag of food and bottles of water. This was especially amazing as we were struggling with two sleep walking kids.
Our room was lovely. Clearly the hotel has recently been modernised or at the least the upkeep is to a great standard. The whole hotel is exceptionally clean. The wife and i had the bedroom and boys the lounge with sofa and pull out bed.... All very comfortable.
The all inclusive aspect is good. There is one restaurant and dining hall which again is very clean but not intimate in any way. At this point a huge thanks to the restaurant staff who work so hard and were always helpful and smiling.
The bar and pool area is good and there is self service for soft drinks and ice cream for the kids. We didn't have issues getting sun beds to be honest but to get the spot you wanted you did have to be up early. The animation team were great fun and kept the energy up all day too.
All of this is extremely positive so far and deservedly so.... It's a lovely hotel.
If i had to find fault, the hotel location is a good walk from the beach especially in 35 degree heat with kids. We did manage to use the hotel shuttle a couple of times but catching it for a return trip is simply luck.
The beach is out of this world though and warrants as much time as you can spend there.
Lastly, this is completely and only a family hotel and in the vast majority of reviews I've read, almost none mention that the main clientele is German French and Dutch... We met about 2 British families all week. It didn't bother us particularly but the kids missed out on making holiday friends which is disappointing. As with everywhere you meet all sorts of people and shouldn't be surprised by the cultural differences like not queuing and some rudeness!
Finally, we had a great holiday and loved the hotel for what it was - somewhere to spend time in the sun with no worries.
Thanks again to all the staff who made it a special trip.

1  Thank GmanIom
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Lovely place. Staff we're excellent, especially the animation team. We travelled with a 2 and 4 year old and they had a ball. There were different activities organised during the day for both adults and children. They did water aerobics at the pool every day which was great fun. Kids disco every night which was more aimed at German/Spanish children as songs were not in English but my two didn't seem to mind and had a ball every night. Also some sort of show/bingo etc on every night. We only left the place one evening and that was just to do something different. The food was fine, not fine dining but really nice. My sister who is quite a fussy eater also travelled with us and even she managed to find something to suit her every day. If i was staying for a longer then a week i would probably budget to eat out 1 or 2 nights just for a change. RWe stayed in one of the apartments and there was a fridge and hob but no dishes/cutlery. We managed fine, we just brought up plastic cups from the bar but if we'd known I would have brought a couple of mugs and plastic breakers just for tea/coffee and drinks in the apartment. There are machines at the bar that you can help yourself to tea/coffee, soft drinks, juices, slushes to all day. There is also a fridge with small ice creams and cool pops that the kids can help themselves to all day. Overall we had a great holiday and I'd definitely return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family