“The Worst Holiday Place of our entire life - DO NOT STAY HERE”

Appartamentos Club Sa Coma
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed 12 June 2011

we flew out to Palma on Thursday 09th June 2011 after arriving at the airport got the transfer to Sa Coma, we were told this would take approx 60 mins after 90 minutes we arrived at our destination, me and my partner just stared in disbeliefe at where were about to be staying, it looked like some dirty back street alley,

As we got off the bus we were just left to our own divices, it was not clear to us where the reception was, we walked round and round it was only when some brit shouted off his balcony the direstions that we know where to go, i left my bf with the cases while i went to check in, the brit was explaining his thought of the place which went along the lines of i wouldnt let my dog stay here.

i was told my apartment was 110 and left to it. no one showed us how to get there or even told us, we were just given the key, we could of been anyone.

we walked through industrial plastic sheets dog poo and dirty bins to get to our room up 3 dirty rusty and smelly flights of stairs. once into our room we again just looked at each other, it was dark musky and dirty, the bedroom was like a cell only two tiny windows at the top of the room, windows open and could not be closed.. there was metal things sticking out of the walls in everyroom god help children they were sharp, there were ants everywhere, in our clothes up the curtains. there were gaping holes in the brick work (i will try and upload all the pics i have)

The bathroom was absolutely disgusting the bath was black dirty and full of grime,

we went self catering but the hillarious thing was, you had to PAY to HIRE your kitchen, you had to hire the kettle, cooker, fridge. NO tv, well you could pay for it but it only had 2 spanish channels, not everyone but only us, the other people we spoke to said they got theres free......

the balcony door did not open or close it had to be left ajar at all times, The pool bar was closed most of the day and was open at night when there was no one about, there was only 1 bar open and was decent and that was britanias, everywhere else was not lush! so there was nothing else to do other than go back to the room,

Let me just tell you the extent of the rooms, we are a young couple at 26 years old, we'd kip anywhere really as its the sun we love, just need a room as a base, its now 12/06/2011 and we are back home in nottingham, The place is that bad our weeks holiday lasted 3 nights, we paid £280 extra to fly home, we were absolutely disgusted. I just really hope no one else puts themselvs through what we just hav

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

What other people have written about these apartments I can only agree we have just got back 8/6/11 and I would never stay there again. our bath was painted and the sink basin cracked in the apartment description we were given it said"Fitted Kitchen with all amenities?????? what a joke Our bedroom window was cracked also no pool bar we had to ask for plates cups and cuttelry and it waent on and on and on I could go on all day with the horror stories of other PAYING guests who were there they all said they would write a review ?

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milinian
Reviewed 24 October 2010

We expected basic for the money we paid to go self catering but what we found was truly horrific. No clear help or idea where we booked in to get our keys and when we did find our 3rd floor apartment we found light fittings that didnt work, no electricity to the ancient and filthy fridge ( for which they had the audacity to try and charge 40 euros for or hob, no bedding other than sheets. Please bear in mind it is very cool in the evenings of October. Mould by the front door and in the bedroom where they have obviously been leaks. Poorly maintained lights, a filthy chipped bath with no hot water. No kettle and hob that had not been connected either. When we complained and I showed the receptionist the photos I had taken she shrugged and suggested I looked at another apartment. Same boat. They had a couldnot care less attitude which took customer service to an all time low. We had to wait seven hours to get two very thin blankets which were begrudgingly given. Because I was showing other arriving guests in the hotel the state of the apartments I was threatened with arrest so got the hotel managers name and the time she arrived.
There were a group of ten other couples who were equally dissatisied with aspects of the hotel, ranging from a murky main pool, to effluent leaking from a pipe in a second floor apartment, cracked glass in balcony doors of family rooms. The food for those on an all inclusive deal was said to be deplorable, but in fairness did improve after the meeting with the hotel manager so it turned out all right for them but they used the next door hotels pool. They then decided half way during our week when the weather improved to close and drain the only pool and I am sure that it will still be refilling by the time the children go back from half term. These apartments have been poorly maintained and do not deserve to get any further customers until essential repairs have been done and general standards improve drastically and that also includes a customer service course for all staff, including the maids. One of whom was extremely offensive to myself and my partner because she thought I did not understand Spanish.
If you want me to go on, I could but, I will not waste anymore of my time thinking about this DUMP!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We arrived at 13:30 local time and were amazed to find the pool area completely empty - it turned out that out of 52 apartments only 6 were occupied and 2 of these were by the 'caretaker' and her family. We were met by a receptionist wearing a dirty blouse who spoke little English - she showed us to a ground floor apartment which was dark and dirty. The floors were covered in fluff and dust and the walls were dirty with foot-prints on them. The bathroom was dark as there were no windows, the bath had been PAINTED white and was rusty. The bedroom was very basic and smelt musty. The bedroom window was cracked and the broken glass was loose. The kitchen area was a joke with 2 dirty electric hot plates, a tiny sink and a rusty old fridge. Although these apartments advertise themselves as self-catering there was no kettle or toaster although these could be hired at reception ! It was impossible to complain as the recetionist had disappeared and we had to wait over an hour for the 'care-taker' to appear. She only spoke Spanish and was not happy that I had complained. She showed us another apartment which was only slightly better but we had no choice but to stay as we had booked independently and had no rep on site. I spent the next 2 hours cleaning before we would like our 3 year old in. The bedroom in this apartment smelt musty and when we checked the wardrobe we could see why - it was mouldy. We spent the rest of our holiday living out of our suitcases and sleeping on mattresses in the living area. The apartment itself was awful and the only advantage to staying there was it's location. It is near to the beach, bars and shops and Sa Coma is lovely . We would go back to this location but we will never ever go back to these apartments.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HelpdeskWarrington
Reviewed 18 June 2009

The rooms are basic and thats ok.Value for money but I was a single female and had problems with the only member of staff that was available. He lived on site. He spoke hardly any english and was a complete nusance. Twice knocking on my doors in the morning, followed me uninvited to the shops, hanging round the pool and I felt quite vunarable in my room at night. Guests agreed he was a problem for me but who to complain to?? I booked it directly and had no rep. Not reccomended for a girls holiday as he would be a pest. He left the married couples alone.Location is good a short walk to beach. the local restaurants are very good food. if you are a couple with children then its ideal value quiet accomodation with a good pool. No pool bar or snacks though. Sa coma resort itself is lovely and I would go there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Playamar
#9 of 13 in S'illot
0.3 km away
Hipotels Mediterraneo Club

Been to Appartamentos Club Sa Coma? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK