All reviews britannia bar every night kebab shop pool area bar opposite sea view lovely hotel your doorstep before midnight sliding door great holiday salad evening entertainment fridge and microwave snack bar burger king sunbed situation
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If your answer to this is " broken in front of me and then more or less thrown onto my plate" then this hotel is the place for you. It may seem a very minor but it is symptomatic of a much deeper problem at the Hotel.

There is no doubt whatsoever that this hotel is top quality and potentially one of the very best of the jet2 choices but the investment in some of the best food and facilities I have seen is badly let down by a majority of the staff.

After, as usual, a great start from jet2 we entered what we thought was a mausoleum on Friday evening. None of the staff (with the exception of the restaurant manager on Saturday) smiled or acknowledged us in any way. The main bar staff are appalling and take advantage of one of the hotel's strengths - the fact that we are all British. Rather than serve us as individual customers they are happy to see us queue. To be fair I suppose most Brits are prepared to queue so that's what they did until one of the 4 or 5 staff loafing around decided to serve them. On the Sunday night I had to physically shout the bar staff inside to stop them watching the entertainment so I could get a drink.

I remember talking to the bar manager at the last hotel I stayed in during June who told me that British people are prepared to wait 5 minutes for something whereas a Spaniard is prepare to wait 5 seconds. Perhaps an influx of Spanish guests would shake the Sa Coma up a bit?

Things did improve over the week and by that time we had very clearly identified the workers from the shirkers. There does not appear to be any supervision and it shows.

I have stayed in two or three star hotels made 4 or 5 star by the staff (this year and in Mallorca) but this is the first potentially excellent 4 star I have stayed in which has been reduced to two stars by the staff.

To my great shame this is the also the first Hotel in 30 years where I could not bring myself to leave a tip and can only give a 2 rating despite the wonderful food, the fantastic pool bar staff, the great guy who served the drinks in the morning and the preparation and serving of the food by the behind the scenes people. All their efforts wiped out by the attitude of a significant number of the front line staff.

Just to finish on an old cliche: "how many people work at the Sa Coma Platja?" Answer: About half.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel are a good option.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ptrfx24
sacomaplatjasubd, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at THB Sa Coma Platja, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments.

At Sa Coma Platja , we strive at providing the best service to our guests with professionalism and expedience.

We are fully supportive of our staff and we firmly believe that they try to provide the best service possible.
We sincerely regret that your experience in our hotel was not totally enjoyable and are convinced that if you give us another chance, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived very late and check in went without a hitch as you would expect. We missed dinner so the hotel had put some ham, cheese and a couple of slices of bread in the room with some fruit and bottled water. Nice touch. The hotel lobby area is very modern and the reception staff were helpful and polite. The restaurant is very much the same with the majority of the staff pleasant. (The 2 younger lads in the restaurant need a brush up on there enthusiasm though). The rooms are spacious and in good condition but unfortunately this is where the good points end.
The rooms where not cleaned to a very high standard, our feet were always dirty from walking on the floor even when the cleaner had been. They make the beds and change the towels. That's it. The tea and coffee was never replenished. You will have to buy your own. And yes they do always look miserable.
We are not fussy eaters so there was always something we could eat but it was pretty much the same everyday. The deserts where particularly poor. The restaurant is clean as I said but it is very clinical and felt more like a cafe. Maybe a little bit of music and some pictures on the wall would help.
The pool area is large and we had no problems getting sunbeds. Probably due to the kids going back to school. You will always get the usual suspects getting up at the crack of dawn and saving beds only for them to go out for the day. The pool did look grotty round the edge to the point it looked like mould which put me off going in it. The edges were painted about 3 days in to our stay but it still didn't change my mind as these always seemed to be something or other floating in the water. The female lifeguard spent most of her days talking to a young lad rather than watching the pool. It was more him trying to chat her up but all the same there were young kids in the pool that need to be watched.The male lifeguard worked much harder to keep the place tidy, collecting glasses and such like but again shouldn't this be down to the pool bar staff.
My biggest gripe was the entertainment staff. The young guy particular, what a waste of space. He was got taking a wage and doing absolutely moving down to a fine art. He would ask probably 2% of the people round the pool if they wanted to take part in an activity and then when none of the 2% took him up on the offer if just wandered off. The only time we saw him was in the canteen/restaurant when he worked his was through 3 plates of food, then went and took 4 yoghurts at a time along with other desserts back to his table and had his feast. Very unprofessional and this guy needs a serious kick up the backside.
To round this off, yes the hotel is in good condition overall but some of the staff need pulling in to line, the cleaners need a lesson in cleaning and the entertainment (day and night) needs a massive uplift.
This hotel is a 3 star at the very most.

4  Thank jason c
sacomaplatjasubd, Guest Relations Manager at THB Sa Coma Platja, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jason,

Firt of all we want to thank you the positive comments about the Hotel and the staff.

Otherwise we are sorry that certain aspects of your stay have not been as nice as you expected, we have read all these points with great attention and we take them in considertion to improve our service.

we will happy thay you give us an other opportunitty to offer you a better stay

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Came here for a week with my children & husband in August.
Well a bit of mixed reviews really, unfortunately this is no way a 4* more like a 3*
The rooms are large & spacious but we had a problem with ants in our room and I’ve never seen so many mosquitos ( my poor baby daughter was covered along with half of the hotel from what I’ve seen. I know this is nothing to do with the hotel but just warning you. The cleaners are so miserable huffing & puffing when she came to clean the room ( maybe cos we were in our room??) When going for a shower beware because it floods the floor and can be very slippery.
We went all inclusive but I’d wished we hadn’t, the food wasn’t up to standards we had to eat out a few times.
I seen ants crawling all over the pastries at breakfast! Yuk
The plates were always dirty and the choice of food was poor.
The snack bar is full of flies and cold chicken nuggets with uncooked chips the staff at the snack bar are so rude and arrogant, you ask for a drink and they start talking Spanish to each other and laugh... I heard a few of the guests say this!
The staff st the reception area were lovely and so helpful so maybe they could teach the snack bar staff some manners??
The pool area is fab but goes very deep pretty quick so be carful!
Also you have to wake early to get beds but it’s like that wherever you go these days. There isn’t much to do here for the kids unfortunately...you pay all that money to come all inclusive , work hard all year to look forward to a holiday with husband & children to be so disappointed :(

The location of this hotel is perfect close to the beach, bars, pubs, shops, restaurants

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank Dmkmmb
sacomaplatjasubd, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at THB Sa Coma Platja, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

First and foremost we would like to thank you for sharing with us your opinion. We regret that your stay in our hotel has not been as enjoyable for you as we would have wish it to be.

We will bear in mind your suggestions and we would love to be given another opportunity to offer you a very pleasant stay.

Thank you again for your comments.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Spent a week at this hotel. It is right on the beach and all the rooms face the sea. The hotel is the same with Excellence off and good facilities.

The pool area is great and that's usually a sunbed so long as you're prepared to put your towels out early. It's your choice coupons and the restaurant is good spacious with the phone strange of things you can choose to eat if you're all inclusive.

If you want activities you're right on the beach is parasailing, jet skiing, boat tours and much much more. There are plenty of shorts along the Main Street and even a giant supermarket about half a mile from the hotel which is worth a visit if you need anything.

Had an excellent holiday and the weather was exceptional. Will definately come back again in the future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
sacomaplatjasubd, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at THB Sa Coma Platja, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you very much, Dear Andrew.

We are very happy to read you have enjoyed your holidays and we appreciate your positive notes about the Hotel,

we look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I'm here now and what can I say, it's fab, sea views, pool view, hairdryer in the bathroom, food is amazing, if you're on sw there's tonnes of veg and salad, sorry there's nothing bad to say about the place it's amazing,

2  Thank KarenAndy1969
sacomaplatjasubd, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at THB Sa Coma Platja, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

It´s been a pleasure for us to have you in our hotel and we feel happy and proud to know you are enjoying your holidays in Sa Coma.

Thanks for your kind words.