See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2015

Nice hotel about 500m from the beach. Three buildings with the quite large outside pool area. Very well equipped room, with small kitchen, two sofas plus an extra bedroom with bathroom. Space enough for 4 people. Excellent food on all inclusive basis, local drinks, Amstel beer (:. Very clean, helpful staff. WiFi for a fee only (weekly or daily rate, 24/6,-EUR). Outdoor swimming pool, clean, but little bit cold, indoor swimming pool with small jacuzzi, sauna, steam. Gym. At this time mostly retired German couples, a few young families with small children. Nearby car and bike rentals. In April there is an ideal weather for bicycling or walking/hiking tours. Not so many tourist, optimal for active holiday. I would recommend it at all.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FraFrolik
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have to agree with previous reviews when reviewing this hotel; the rooms were VERY well equipped, fridge, with freezer compartment, too hot plates for cooking on, a microwav, pans cutlery etc. There is a seperate bedrrom area with a large, mirrored built in wardrobe, and a very big balcony, over looking the pool with views down to the sea. (You have access to the balcony from the bedroom and lounge) The rooms were VERY clean and I can't fault them.
The staff were very effecient and helpful, not one member of staff walked past without saying hello. The food choices were varied and plentiful, and were also enjoyable.
This is a German hotel and we were the only English couple there, all signs and animation were in German, even the Spanish staff would speak to you in German! But seeing as we were there for a relaxation holiday and not to participate in games, this was not a problem. we went in the last week of march, and it was only due to an early Easter that anything at all in the local are was open, so many local pubs, and eateries were closed in anticipation of the season starting a month later.
All inclusive ran from 8am (breakfast) until 12 midnight (drinks in the bar area) The drink selection was plentiful and they even had slush puppies which kept my girlfriend very happy (with a little bit of vodka in!) although the cocktails are pre-mixed and VERY sweet!
All in all a wonderful relaxing holiday, had no problem with noise at night (may change during high season) and would thourougly reccomend it, especially as a family destination with young children.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mopimalvader
Reviewed 15 October 2012

For a 4.5 star hotel, my wife (German) and I (American) were kind of disappointed. Don't get me wrong; the personnel/staff was very helpful and friendly (besides one unfriendly bartender that was impatient with me trying to speak Spanish with him). But we personally would give this hotel maybe 3/3.5 stars. I think I was the only American there, but I just communicated in German with no problem. There were mostly couples with kids and older retired couples, so the hotel was focused mainly for them. So don't be surprised if you have a kid screaming right next to your ear a minute long while you're having lunch. :)

We arrived before our room was cleaned so we took a little look around. We had all-inclusive, but didn't receive any armbands, just a little card that we had to show if any hotel staff asked us (which they NEVER did). So it would be pretty easy for an outsider to come in and get a free buffet meal. The map that we got from the hotel had some colored shapes with a legend, and even though it was that simple, it was very vague and kind of hard to understand at first. We got around better discovering things ourselves.

The room that we got had plenty of space, which consisted of a living room plus small kitchen, a bathroom, and a bedroom. (I personally think that the hotel got their stars just because of the room size.) We had a window that would not lock, so we called reception and they repaired it a few minutes later. We slept relatively good (thanks to ear plugs we brought). The music from the entertainment could be heard even with the windows closed, and when the windows are closed, you don't get any fresh air. So that contributed to a few sleepless nights, but not too often.

The room service lady didn't do a good job at cleaning our room; she would often come later than usual during the Spanish siesta time (when we actually made a little "siesta"). Plus we often found beach sand on the floors after she cleaned, and even when she would clean the floors from sand we would still see sand on the table/couch. So that was definitely a minus point.

The animation was very monotone and kept the same whole structure our ENTIRE stay. We were so bored from the evening shows since all it was was just the animation team dancing and lip-syncing to spoken word/music. The afternoons were kid-focused, so that was definitely boring. So after 3 boring evenings we just went into the towns or neighboring towns to go for a drink or shop.

The indoor pool and sauna were ok,, but nothing too special (plus we spent most of our time on the beach, which was the best part of our stay). One minus point on cleanliness was that we found the water catcher with swimming fungus or who knows what. I'm assuming they don't clean that so often.

The food was ok. They offered a great selection, but most of it was all focused for the Germans (French fries, potatoes, etc.) My wife would often tell me how the noodles were often overcooked. I was personally not so thrilled with the food because I was expecting more international/Spanish food which they, unfortunately, had only once in a while (maybe just 2 days from our week stay). Overall, I'd say the food quality was average, just expected more variety. (Now that I just looked at the photos from other users, I'd have to assume that the quality is better during the main season. Who knows...)

I would have been alright with the hotel, but I was expecting a lot more for 4.5 stars. We both noticed how used and worn out the bar chairs were and something like that should be looked after.

Room Tip: If you're a family, couple with kids, or older couple, go for it. If you're a younger couple, go somewhere else. Like other reviewers said, mainly Germans come here so if you don't know German, go to a hotel with more English speakers
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank berlinblack
Reviewed 31 August 2011

This is a hotel which is linked to a German tour operator and doesn't cater for other nationalities eg the kids club is only in German. The reception staff who were extremely helpful and courteous, could communicate in other languages, fortunately for us! The plus points of this hotel was notably the restaurant which was small but the quality of the food was excellent. The pool area was small for the size of the hotel and you could have beach towels from reception. Everywhere was spotless. The beach was a short 5-10 min walk away and there are shops and restaurants just outside the front door of the hotel.
The rooms have a small kitchenette which is equiped with a microwave and a couple of hot plates, crockery, cutlery and a teatowel so you might want to bring a small bottle of washing up liquid.
We had a room on the fifth (last) floor in the reception building which overlooked the pool and stage so it could be quite noisey in the evening when the kids were trying to get to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Emsaboutown
Reviewed 22 July 2010

If you are German and have kids in the age from 3-14 I think this hotel is one of the best you can get.
The rooms are comfortable, the pool area nice, the entertainment funny and the food selection in restaurent is very good.
But especially we were happy for the VERY kind and nice service, and smiling faces on all employees in the Hotel.
All entertainment is in German language so if you and your kids should get 100% out of the shows they need to be quite good at the german language.
If we have to find something to complain about it must be the evening show in the pool area which is very loud. Our 2 y. old child who was very tired in the evenings it was a bit hard to fall asleep with all the noise.
But anyway.. We had a wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family