“One of my favourite hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gran Hotel Son Net

Gran Hotel Son Net
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Puigpunyent
London
“One of my favourite hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

And one of the few I go back to again and again.... If I could afford it I'd happily come here much more regularly, but I do believe for a special treat it is worth a couple of days compared to a week somewhere cheaper as it has the same effect relaxation-wise.
Beautiful location, service, pools, food (very accommodating for Vegetarians and even Vegans which is not always easy in Spain).. The staff are lovely, the air is clean, Puigpunyent is a beautiful area, and a cocktail by that pool will soothe away any stresses in a minute. One of the few places I repeatedly visit in Europe without a second thought.. excellent.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite with the personal outdoor jacuzzi (downstairs) is amazing but I once got upgraded to...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank missylepink
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
BERKSHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I took my husband for a surprise birthday treat, and was not dissapointed, everything was excellent, the hotel, service and location was amazing. The restaurant was excellent , it was lovely to sit on the terrace and have breakfast in the sun. Our room was spacious and light and very well decorated,although we did change rooms when we arrived. we had a pool room but found it a bit claustrophobic but the staff were very helpful and moved us into a lovely airy room. We hired a car and travelled around to see other places, the scenery is breathtaking.
We would definately go back to this lovely hotel and would recommend it to anyone who wants something really special.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Randers, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Puigpunyent is a nice little mountain village with 3-4 restaurants/bars, supermarket, bakery and a cross between a supermarket/bakery/butcher. The village is a short 10 min stroll down from the hill, where the hotel is situated.
The staff at the hotel is impeccable, everybody we were in contact with was very helpful and all seemed to be multilingual with English, Spanish and a 3rd language.
The hotel is very beautiful both from the outside and the inside and after reading a TA-review about the restaurant we had to try it. And I must say - this is NOT only a hotel restaurant, this is a gourmet restaurant, that you would go out of your way to visit. We tried the "Menu de degustacion" with 5 courses and wine, and that was spot on. Could have been a one star Michelin restaurant, for all that matters.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Location - just wonderful. There are panoramic views from anyside of this hotel and several terraces from which to enjoy them. It is an easy to find drive from the airport and we found it first time even in the dark.
The hotel - excellent. It is quiet, calm and really well furnished and breathtaking in some aspects. The corridors to the rooms are interspersed with luxury seating areas with books and pantings all around,
The room.We were on the first floor (served by a lift) with room 23 overlooking the front aspect of the hotel. The tall french windows opening up to mountain views all around....lovely to see the daylight arrive over these. The room was large and airy and tatsefully decorated, spotlessly clean. The bed was very large and very comfortable with plump, soft pillows inviting good sleep. There was a modern tv which offered some English channels which was fine also with the option to play DVDs. An added bonus was a fridge which kept the daily supplied soft drinks delightfully cool. As for the bathroom, marble throughout,heated underfloor with a walk in shower where one could have fitted half a netball team, opposite a separate toilet with bidet and then along to a double ended marble set bath, his and hers sinks and again large French windows and views beyond. There was plentiful hot water and a generous supply of Occitaine toiletries. The towelling robes and towels were all of excellent quality and replaced if necessary.
I cannot praise the housekeeping staff enough as they were friendly, courteous and even offered to help us down with the luggage at the end of our stay.
Dining. The breakfast was delicious with a wide choice. I particularly loved the freshly baked bread rolls and smoked salmon. It was lovely too to have a relaxed start to the day with a very considerate serving time until 10 30am The restaurant is stunning and beautifully lit. The evening meal, whilst not cheap, was delicious and the chef obviously prides themself on presentation. I chose the foie gras and baby lamb - both tasty and beautifully served. My dessert on our last night was a near work of art and I hope I can include the photo I took ( tho alas I am no David Bailey!)
The staff were wonderful - friendly without being "stuffy" They were attentive and efficient. Reception area staff were quick to help with any query and were always welcoming and interested in their guests. The restaurant staff worked hard to see that guests every wish was catered for. Staff at this hotel are obviously well trained in hospitality and attitude as at no time was one made to feel a nusiance or that they had been here seen it done it before etc.
We stayed a week and had very pleasant weather for the very end of February as apparently Majorca had had a cool winter with even snow!
I have told many friends and acquaintances already about this hotel. Apparently this was the first winter they had remained open and I specifically asked at reception if they intended to carry this on and was pleased to hear that it should remain open year round. I would love to return and will try to make sure I do just that.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank remfan
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Where to start with this hotel...the practicals first. Airport to hotel is a straight forward 25mins, costing around 35 Euros, hotel to Palma is 15-20 mins costing 20-25 Euros (you will have to wait 15 mins at the hotel for the taxi, as it has to come from Palma to pick you up! - no bother at all, just sit on the terrace and relax!)

My wife and I arrived on the 1st March for 3 nights, and we have stayed at many 5 star/luxury hotels...but this was different. This is the first time I felt the staff really cared and and made you feel welcomed as soon as you arrive, as apposed to being part of their training. The duty manager welcomed us from our taxi door, checked us in, and gave us a short history on the hotel...before showing us to the magnicant terrace for a glass of sparkling wine and local olives. We stayed there for nearly 2 hours before heading to our room - which was a large, charming and beaufitul delux room overlooking the pool. The terrace, pool area, grounds are so picturese, that you will not want to do anything else but relax and soak up the view. You know when the food/hotel is special, when people drive to have lunch on the terrace or just take pictures - and there were many!

We enjoyed a fantastic 3 course dinner at the hotel restaurant, and also tried the bar food for lunch - lovely food (octopus salad was really tasty) - the service had to be commended.
The town is short 5 min stroll down the hotel approach, and has a supermarket, and a few restaurants - we looked at The Rose (which is recommended by others on TA), but enjoyed the food and view at the hotel to try anywhere else!

Palma old city is great to walk around - all main attractions are within walking distance of each other, and can be covered within the day. To be honest, we came to this hotel to just relax and not do anything, and it is perfect for that - next time we would rent a car so we can use the hotel as a base and explore the rest of the island.

Breakfast was plentyful - cold meats, cheeses, fruits etc...ask for cooked breakfasts - a great way to start the day.

I could not have asked for much more from my stay - will be coming back in the future to enjoy this real gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor, overlooking the pool - views of the mountain and town are amazing to wake up every mornin...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anil16London
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puigpunyent
12.6 km away
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
#2 of 8 in Port de Soller
7.1 km away
Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxur...
#8 of 73 in Palma de Mallorca
73.5 km away
Protur Biomar Gran Hotel & Spa
23.6 km away
Finca Hotel Son Palou

Been to Gran Hotel Son Net? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK