“IF I COULD GIVE IT A .5 OUT OF 10 I WOULD AND THATS ONLY BECAUSE I COULD WALK TO THE BEACH” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BelleVue Club

BelleVue Club
Ranked #46 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I will make this short and sweet ,..... OR rather NOT SO SWEET.
I was booked for 2 weeks in August with my husband and 3 kids.
But my good people ,I Lasted maximum 8 Hours before I literally broke down in tears and asked to be moved.

1st point.....this is NOT A hotel so don't book if you think it is. I was misinformed by the travel rep who booked us
Also,it's so big you are scared to even let your kids walk without holding your hand even in day light

No AC in rooms which are..... Hot...., I Mean uncomfortably hot and to be perfectly honest our room was not cleaned properly. The floor was so dusty we kept our shoes on.
1 of the lifts were broken and we were on the 8th floor. imagine that with 3 small kids in swelting midday heat of 34 degrees and heavy cases.

I found a fly and a creepy crawly in my salad. Not to mention mud on the tomato.. I WAS SPEECH LESS. I Paid all that money to find that....... I might as well gone into Tesco reject bins for free and I sure it would have been nicer.
My I year old baby drank pineapple juice which was completely off...... off. he cried from tummy ache after this
My 4 Yr old was bitten severely within 2 hrs. She was hysterical, she ran around screaming ..... ''mummy, mummy the mosquitoes are killing me. I hate this place. Please take me back to England

Of course we complained. But by 8pm I couldn't envision myself sleeping in that place. I cried worse than when my dad died. It's truly an unpleasant place to be on a family holiday. The all inclusive design is a joke. the drinks are severely watered down. The snacks were thrown in pans as though you were begging for the food. The pool was dirty and the paving was slippery and very unsafe. The irony of it is... I saw people having fun.. I leave you to use your imagination to define the cliental that frequent this hotel. or write good reviews of it. Alot of people we met while on holiday referred to it as a hell hole. I don't know what hell looks like because I never saw it and hope never to see it . But what I will say is that..........you can spend your money wiser. It was not even cheap. On the contrary, Alcudia is very expensive. and.. that's a hurtful thought.
However, everyone knows his or her limits and level of tolerance....... Don't expect too much

We were moved from this hotel before the end of the first night

Room Tip: it's on the main strip were the Brits frequent at night. The beach is ok. Beer is cheap
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank simply3redd
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,692)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Having read the latest reviews, before we booked, my wife and I went to the Bellvue Club resort with a great deal of trepidation, we were to be housed in MINERVA 2 (Blue Wristband) while the furniture was basic it was functional the apartment was clean and there was four clean towels in the bath/ showerroom / toilet.
When it came to food, the breakfast was good to excellent, the service was good and the restaurant was clean. the swimming pools (of which there are 8) were clean with enough loungers, there was rifle/ pistol shooting and archery near the pool which we were lounging at, the scenery is lovely with a large lake running around one edge of the site, there is a boat to ferry customers to the beach and back (3 euros return) the entertainment in the evening was interesting the alcohol was free running (all inclusive) therefore I would recomend anyone that is looking for a reasonable holiday for (what I think) for a reasonable price try this resort all in all we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces in to the complex.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Lincolnshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

When we arrived at Bellevue, we were happy with what we saw. I travelled with my partner and my Dad. Myself and my Dad kind of knew what to expect as we had stayed there 20 years ago when I was younger. Things had changed a little but there is still some need of modernisation.
The ladies in reception were very helpful considering it was packed full of people. We got to our room, which was clean. My partner and I had our own double room which was small but was what we needed a bed and a wardrobe. My dads bed was in the main lounge which was fine for us. The bathroom was clean and simple. We were surprised and pleased to see a tiny kitchen, this was handy even though we were all inclusive. We used the fridge and kettle everyday.
Every single night I was woken up by loud people in the corridors running up and down and ringing doorbells, this really annoyed me and made me tired in the day, the bed was comfortable though.
We never went to the pool as it was always packed and too loud with kids everywhere.
We played crazy golf for a laugh, although the course is a bit of a joke, it's concrete and really hard to play on, we still gave it a bash anyway.
The restaurant was the worst thing about the holiday, one of us had to save the table, while two of queued up for food, in a queue that sometimes went out the door. While the other two sat down at the table with their food that had started to go cold the other went and got theirs. The food was mediocre, the usual, chips, pasta, meatballs, burgers etc. We got paella one night, however there was barely any seafood in it.
Alcudia as a resort is lovely and the beach is only a short walk away. The sand is golden, the sea is blue and warm in places.
I would definitely return to Alcudia but never to Bellevue. Would reccommend it to young families wanting a lively and loud holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank katiecakes123
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Myself and a friend stayed here for 5 nights (was supposed to be 7) and we had what can only be described as a holiday from hell experience. We weren't expecting miracles being a cheap all inclusive week away in the sun, but what we had was a nightmare.
Firstly our transfer bus took over 3hrs to get us to the hotel from the airport and most of the journey was going round in circles, on arriving and locating reception we queued for half and hour to check in, only to be told our room wasn't ready and that we would have to come back. When we eventually got into our room, a twin in minerva 2, it was dirty, stuffy and like stepping back in time. We were aware their was no aircon, so went to reception to enquire about a fan only to be rudely told that there were none available and maybe we should just try opening the balcony door! Moving onto the food, we were under the impression that there were a few places that you could eat at covered in the all inclusive package, however this was not the case. We were only allowed access to the restraunt in leda 2, which served the same slop every day, so greasy it was unreal and on several occasions food was raw/burnt. This left us with no option but to pay to eat elsewhere which went against the whole point of an all inclusive holiday! If you wanted to do any of the activites in the hotel complex you again had to stump up more money, none of which were good value. The swimming pools were the only slight positive, as they had many, they weren't too crowed and drink facilities were easily available. Our room was cleaned only once in the time we stayed and when asked if we could have a clean towel the cleaning staff rudely ignored us and walked away. Our TV broke on the second day, we informed reception and two days later a man came to see what was wrong, all he did was confirm with us it was broke then left?! The beds were so uncomfortable that after 3 nights I slept on a lilo and again reception said nothing could be done. Although slept is an exaggeration as on the first night the room next door started world war 3 and only stopped screaming at 3am when the police came and took them away and the rest of the nights were so noisy and hot that sleep was pretty difficult. After 5 nights of this we decided we would rather pay to go home than endure more of this, so we left, to which reception were unhelpful and did not even enquire as to why we were departing early.
I've stayed in many different types of accomodation in many countries around the world, none have been as disappointing as this.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank crazyjkh

Travellers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I cant believe all of the sad people that expect so much from a hotel when they dont pay very high prices and find the smallest little thing to pick at. we got back from club belleveu as a couple and we loved it that much that we are hopeing to go back again somethim the studio appartment we stayed in was nice and had a nice view of the mountains around alcudia, the food is ok but what do you expect when they are catering for neary 1000 people. we also saw a review about people complaining about getting 3 drinks at a time this is true but you just get back up and get more strainght away these people were obviously trying to have parties or something. The whole hotel complex is great with its many pools and the complex is also on the side of a lake which is beautiful which you can also walk across to a little island in the middle for some good pictures. there are also 2 snack bars at the 2 bigger pools which we only noticed on the last few days which are free with all inclusive and the burgers they made there were incredible so if you dont like the cafe food at lunch you can just have them. there are also many things to do on the complex such as Go Karting which is always great fun, mini golf, tennis, football and the beach is literally 5-10 minute walk away. the surrounding area was fine and the people were mostly friendly there was the odd person but that is the same anywhere you go. all I will say is go to this hotel without expectations and dont listen to any of the moaning people that expect so much for cheap prices and you will have a really nice holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mathew r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
0.6 km away
Seaclub Mediterranean Resort
Seaclub Mediterranean Resort
#10 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,306 reviews

Been to BelleVue Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK