1,213 results
All reviews self catering pirate ship royal terrace kids club bouncy castle kids pool family holiday old town pool view every night football pitch entertainment team t shirt painting evening entertainment one bedroom apartment deep pool year old daughter
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Just got back from a great week in Alcudia at the Viva Sunrise.

Hotel was spotless. Reception staff were super efficient and knowledgeable. Restaurant and bar staff were really friendly and attentive (particularly Manuel, who made our daughter laugh a lot). Cleaning staff were wonderful, too. Food was good and our kids loved the ice creams and milkshakes, which they took full advantage of. We arrived late October (had wonderful weather) and left on the last day as the hotel began to close up for Winter. Staff remained on top of their game to the very end.

Small request: Heat the pool. Even if we have to pay a few Euros more. Just a few degrees. Please.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank davidgamble28
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my family booked to go to Viva Sunrise as a “cheapish” holiday. We didn’t expect the high standards that we arrived to. The hotel was so family friendly with great kids entertainment throughout the day, the cleanliness throughout the hotel was a very high standard with daily room cleans & towel replacement. We upgraded to all inclusive on arrival at a great price and was not disappointed with a large selection on food & drinks. The pool area is lovely & has sun all day. The staff were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. An upgrade room became available on our 2nd day there with a large balcony and hot tub so we switched to that at a bargain cost (highly recommended) we are already looking to book for next year. ☀️✈️

3  Thank Expedition738493
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Just waiting for the bus so thought I would write a little review , hotel very clean and the staff very friendly .
Upgraded to a room with a big balcony and big jacuzzi which my son loved because the pool was freezing !!
Kids entertainment again very good , the thing that let the hotel down for me was the food . The same every day , no variation at all, I would have possibly thought they might have done a themed night just to break the monotony but no. Very disappointed. I came all inclusive , looking at the menus and prices , I am glad I didn’t have to pay full price for the afternoon menu because the food also wasn’t great quality . Loads of restaurants near the hotel though .
All drinks were named brands which was good (should be , it wasn’t exactly a cheap holiday even for this time of year) to summarise , lovely hotel , food not great and I just felt that they were shutting down for the season finishing . Just my view .

4  Thank P9459LKryanm
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Had one of the more expensive rooms with the hot tub on the top floor. Excellent room. We went self catering as it would have cost us around 180euro per day for all inclusive and we thought we spend that per day anyway and thought it better that we could visit local places. Although we could have upgraded at hotel for a 15% discount.

Price wise not the cheapest if you are not all inclusive a beer/wine is 4.5 Euro when you can get same within a 1 min walk for 1.5 to 2.5 euro so it put us off drinking in hotel more often. Had lunch which was great and all the food looked good.

Huge pool and in October was plenty of room with loads of loungers BUT can imagine it being very busy in peak season.

Would recommend

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hunterman9900
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We're just back from a lovely holiday to Viva Sunrise. This was our first time at the hotel and we were very impressed. We booked self catering as the apartment had kitchen facilities but decided to pay extra and upgrade to all inclusive after having a look at the food and drinks. I stayed here with my husband , daughter, mother in law and father in law.

We all enjoyed the food and my 3 year old daughter loved it too. There was a great selection every night and the staff were great. Cocktails were lovely and there was always snacks available.

I was very impressed with the children's facilities, although my daughter didn't spent much time in the kids club she got to make a t-shirt for €7 and joined in the activities at night. She also got to ride a pony which was the highlight of the holiday for her, she absolutely loved it !!The hotel has a fantastic play area for kids with a bouncy castle and also a great pool area with a pirate ship and plenty of chutes.

Although I found the hotel pricey I would definitely return. The service was great , beds were comfy, staff were friendly and the entertainment was good. However I did find Alcudia quiet. We usually go to Palma nova which I prefer but it could just be because we were there in October.

Overall I would say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at in Majorca.

3  Thank Rachel M