“excellent position and great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Globales Condes de Alcudia

Globales Condes de Alcudia
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
hamilton glasgow
“excellent position and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

My partner and I returned from the Condes on the 9th october after having a lovely relaxing time. We went AI which really did mean all inclusive breakfast lunch dinner all snacks, drinks (local) although ice cream was a minimal charge (except in dining area at meals) The tapped wine in the dining room must admit wasn't to my taste and was quite watery if truth be known, glasses of water with our meal isn't what we are used to (no drinks were allowed to be brought into dining room) and a tea or coffee with lunch or evening would have been a good idea. Pork every night or lunch was getting a bit much as its not something I would eat in a hot climate, but in saying this there was always something there for everyone, you wouldn't go hungry. As far as I can tell from others that stayed in other hotels in alcudia it seemed to be a thing with chefs in the area (Pork). Most were complaining about how slow the toast was, well if you put a piece of bread in your toaster at home it takes around 4 to 5 mins the same amount of time as in the dining room. If you are All inclusive you can ask for a packed lunch if you are out of the hotel or on a day trip, we found this an excellent addition for us, I'm quite fussy.

We were on the seventh floor with fabulous views of the area and beach, the beds were excellent and pillows a dream for me, I have terrible problems with my neck, extremely comfortable. Air conditioning in the rooms and around the hotel was a godsend, We sent an email to the hotel prior to holiday asking for a a room with a bath the hotel staff obliged (thank you so much for that). Maids were in every day keeping our room clean and tidy. Once you closed the curtains and windows you hardly heard a thing, great for a good nights sleep.

The entertainment in the hotel was fabulous the best I have seen. Daytime was full of fun and the evening entertainment was hilarious.

The staff around the hotel never stopped the whole time we were there and I can honestly say they work etremely hard to keep every area clean tidy and sparkling. The reception staff fabulous.

The lifts were small and broke down a couple of times when we were there, probably due to them being over weight. Follow the rules and you will be fine.

I really cant fault this hotel, if I was to change anything it would be the lunch and evening meal drinks (tea coffee juice) thats about it. oh and being told about breakfast in the dining room on the day you leave if you have an early morning flight would have been nice.

Room Tip: email prior to departure for room with bath and pool view
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank deborah m
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

we have just returned from our holiday we had a great time once again , the hotel staff are great the maids keep the rooms clean, the reception staff very helpful , food needs a little bit of an up grade , also the entertainment was poor but overall we always have a good holiday at the condes we go twice a year because of the staff we get greeted with a big welcome every time we arrive , we would tell anyone to try the hotel , Beach just across the road 2 mins away shops near by resturants what more could you want .

Room Tip: always ask for pool view its amazing the view of the bay ,
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank danny1972002
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

I had gone to this hotel with an open mind, as I had read some reviews about things being stolen, but I always got a safety deposit box, which I realised had gone up quite a bit, to 24 euros a week but you got 10 euros back at the end.
Yes the rooms were small, and yes the shower was a challenge. The good news is that I only managed to flood the room once!! Good going for a 2 week stay. The lifts were small and they kept breaking down, but, I did a keep fit regime of using the stairs even though I was on the 6th floor. I either went walking around the marina, which was close by or I went to the beach, which was only a 5 minute walk across a couple of roads, and it was lovely and clean and not majorly busy, but when you have the sun, what more could you ask for.
I was travelling on my own and I was half board as well. I wished I had been all inclusive as most of the people there seem to be all inclusive. I also struggled a couple of nights getting a table early on in the evening for my dinner, but would wait until it was a bit more quieter to try again.
The staff work hard, and the rooms were cleaned every day. The bar staff and the restaurant people must work long hours, to cater for all the meals and the drinks which was available for the all inclusive people.
There was always a presence of security either wandering the terrace or the floors checking everything was in order, which was good seeing as people had said that they had had things stolen from their rooms when staying there.
Kirsty and Trev worked hard to keep people entertained, and in the 2nd week I was there, there was more children there, and to see them wanting to dance under the spotlights in the early evening was a picture.
This hotel is in the centre of Alcudia, or the Port of Alcudia, so it will have buildings around it, but it was good that it was very close to 10km beach and also the marina. But you could use this hotel as a base, and do want you wanted on the rest of the island.
Yes the lifts need sorting, but the rooms were clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the food was what you would expect from a 3 star hotel. It catered for all tastes, and the germans that were staying in the 1st week didn't complain.
I have stayed in worse hotels than this, and with more issues about my room, especially as I'm a single traveller, but at least the view from my room was a lot better than some I've had, and I would consider going back, but I would ask for a different room, and possibly have the tv lower down, but I don;t watch it when I'm there so it doesn't matter, and go all inclusive as well which would make my holiday more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Go for a room with the sea view, but it will be hot. Rooms on the othger side don't get much sun...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank mistymoor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

Me and my husband and 2 children aged 11yrs and 20 mths went from the 4 oct for one week. On arrival there was two receptionist attending to all,we was told if we wanted to we could upgraded to a bigger room.The first thing we done was buy a safe deposit box which was 34euros and u get 10euros back at the end of ur holiday. Our room was very small and we was on the 5 th floor overlooking the pool side we had a bath and shower. We didn't upgrade to a bigger room as we only sleep and change in it. The hotel is old but very clean and in the centre of every thing, the beach is stunning and it is by the mariner which is a lovely walk around. The staff were polite and worked,very hard to ensure you were happy the rooms were cleaned every day.The food for us all was lovely it isn't British food so why thing it is going to be. My 20mthold had his days of eating but it wasn't down to the food. The entertainment was caming to the end so they wasn't any entertainment for the kids. There was alot of mature people enjoying there holidays but we still had lots of fun with trev and Kirsty. The lifts they are a pain they are small and slow they do need to improve this. There is a sulphur smell around the hotel but I smelt it all over alcudia. I didn't find it noisy as It all came to a stop at 11 but people could stil drink til 12. I was not looking forward to this holiday because of the reviews there was no burglaries when I was there and alot of the people's reviews to me are fussy, yes there are issues it is a 3 star hotel not 5. I would go back again but in the early summer time so my kids had more to do.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Redmynx
Whitley Bay, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

The hotel is in a good location. Not in the centre of alcudia but not too far away from the main resort.

We got there in the early hours and the man on reception was nice and friendly.

The lifts are tiny and not for the claustrophobic.

The rooms are basic but clean and tidy.

The food was nice enough. We were all inclusive so it got a bit repetitive so we are out most nights because we wanted a change in the evening. The bar staff were a bit hit and miss. Some were nice and friendly and some were rude, particularly with the kids but they all worked very hard.

The entertainment was GREAT for the kids.

The pool was very small but enough for a dip! Apart from sometimes it was like swimming in kid soup.

Cheap and cheerful holiday with the kids ... We enjoyed it!

• Stayed August 2011