2,439 results
All reviewsblock cflower powermain restaurantamerican dinerkids clubfamily suiteadult areafamily areasurf barevening entertainmentmain poolthe main blockfamily holidayinsi splashinsotel teambranded spiritsmini disco
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Our first time to this hotel and would go back stayed in the main section of the hotel. We went 20th October for 10 nights nine of us in our group and plenty to do. Was nice as we were end of season guests so wasn't over busy. Food was amazing and plenty to choose from and staff were very lovely/helpful. Rooms are fab loads of space the only thing I would say would be good for the bedroom bit to be at the back and the lounge as you come in and prob have a door to the bedroom as this probably block some of the noise at night when people are checking in or out which is any time of the night and because of the tiled floor does make a racket(little niggle) water park for kids is great they loved it one reason why we chose the hotel but the area as well for the adults. Very short walk to the beach.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank donnapatriciaa
InsotelHotelGroup, Director General at Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear donnapatriciaa,

We would like to thank you very much for choosing Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa on occasion of your visit in the beautiful Mallorca.

It is absolutely pleasant to read that we could live up to all your expectations and that you enjoyed a superb experience among us, and that you have in mind to return.
Moreover, we are grateful to know that our ffod, spacious room, Splash Park, and that Staff was pleasant and attentive, who is always at your entire disposal and willing to make you feel the most special and beloved guest.

for the details you give on the room I infer that you had a classic room, and I must inform you that the family suite or superior family suite have the bedroom to the other party, in case next time you are interested in booking one of these room types

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back again to our hotel. I take the opportunity to wish you a good winter, happy Christmas and a prosperous 2018.

INSOTEL CALA MANDIA RESORT & SPA

Purificación Fariñas.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days in September and was the first holiday with our 7 month old son.

The hotel is a great hotel and very family friendly. We stayed in the main building and were glad we did.

The hotel is split into three sections separated by a road, the road is a main bus route but is not that busy and didnt not have any problems crossing the road.

The rooms were very spacious and well decorated, the floor is laminate not tiles so perfect for little kids that still fall over frequently. British channels were on the room TV's so BBC, ITV and C4. The bedrooms have large showers which are very nice but not great for babies so I would advise taking a baby bath.

The food in the restaurant was really lovely, there was a specific area for children, including baby led weaning section, only criticism for food is that there was limited choice for vegetarians. There was always food available when the restaurants were closed as there was a snack bar and a freezer in the bar was stocked with ice cream an lollys - cornetos mini milk chock ice etc. The alcohol was premium brands.

There was always plenty of choice for sun beds, many pools suitable for all ages and step free access to a lovely beach. We did find the pools a little cold - to be honest it was amazing that they could be that cold when they are so shallow so the sea was hotter. There is adults only areas for pools bars and restaurants for those that want a quieter holiday.

The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful, no request seemed to be to difficult.

The grounds are well kept and easy to move prams around.

The gym is of reasonable standard, what you would expect from a hotel gym.

We walked into Porto Cristo one day was a pleasant 30 min walk although there was a bus outside the hotel that took you there. There is not much else close by the hotel, a few shops a couple of bars and snack bars but the food and drink in the hotel was so nice that we did not try any others in the area.

Room Tip: Main building has best views and closer to main restaurants.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer S
InsotelHotelGroup, Director General at Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Mrs Jenni-Stout,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments about your stay and I am proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Detailed comments help other customers to get a good impression of our facilities and service.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the nice and spacious room, the tasty food of the buffet that our cooks prepare with care, the quality of our drinks, the swimming pools, the beautiful beach of Cala Mandia, and your elojios towards our staff which motivates us to keep fighting to be able to offer our guests our best services and make them feel at home.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again at our resort, I take this opportunity to wish you a good winter, a happy Christmas and a prosperous year 2018.

INSOTEL CALA MANDIA RESORT & SPA

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This is a good family hotel based on my experience. We stayed 21-28th October. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food is good and varied, the only downfall is the timing for meal times which I find a bit rushed, breakfast is 8-10:30 but gets cold if you are a late eater, lunch is from 12-2pm, meaning when I eat at 10, I either had to eat again before 2pm or else go to the snack station as dinner is at 6-9.

Hot and cold beverages are available throughout the day, kids drinks are very good, adult drinks a bit disappointing- most from a tap, cocktails stirred not mixed (if you get my drift).

Entertainment on rainy days is sadly lacking; nothing is organised for rainy days and people just sit about looking dreary, some buy packs of cards to entertain themselves - possibly even a little bit of background music would have created a bit of an atmosphere.
On sunny days there are a choice of quite lovely pools as well as a great waterpark for kids to choose from -but hold up- the water is FREEEZING - my 5yr old actually got so cold after being in for just a few minutes that her temperature shot through the roof -whether that was from catching a chill or she had a bug I don't know, but luckily she was ok by the next day, needless to say she wasn't keen on going back in the water after that.
The kids club is really good, my 5yr old loved it in there and the ladies looking after them are all energetic and simply great fun.

The entertainment at night is very good with different themed events, the kids can get involved and you always end the day on a good note.

Overall I would recommend this hotel, however so as not to disappoint people's expectations, it should not be rated as a five star resort. I have been to many hotels around the world rated between 3-5 stars and for a fact this is more 3 than 5 stars.

3  Thank Jackie W

Dear Mrs Jackie W,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for having chosen our Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa for your holidays in Mallorca and for taking your time to send us your feedback. All comments help us to improve the quality of our service and we are working hard to improve them continuously.

I regret that in some points we did not meet your expectations and I can assure that everything that's in our hands has been done to improve the mentioned points. I would like to use this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back here at the Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa soon and wish you a good winter,
Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Can't fault this place at all. Even in the last week of the season there was plenty for the kids to do and they loved the water park. There are food shops / car hire on your doorstep and a bus service into the bigger towns. The all inclusive is exactly what it says with a vast array every meal time. Staff are very friendly and always willing to help not matter what time of day. The kids club was a bit " tired " but it was the last week of the season but the evening entertainment was always good to watch.

There are also 2 clean tidy beaches within walking distance of the hotel. Would definitely recommend this place.

2  Thank snakebhoy

Dear snakebhoy,

On behalf of the entire Team, we would like to thank you for the time you took to share your positive opinion about your recent experience at the Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa here on Tripadvisor.

We are constantly improving on provide our very best services for our guests, and we are glad to know that our facilities are appreciated. Be sure that we will share your comments with all our staff, who will very proud to know that you have enjoyed with us.

it is pleased to learn that you have appreciated our buffet, the water park, Kids Club and evening entertainment . Our main goal is offer the best service with the best products in order to increase your stay with us.

It would be a pleasure to meet you personally during your next stay with us. and I take this opportunity to wish you a good winter, happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Cala Mandia Resort and Spa is a beautiful resort. It is a five minute walk from 2 fantastic and clean beaches. The staff are always ready to help and they always greet you when you walk past them.
The rooms are lovely - we had room 1048 which is in the A block on floor -2. The balcony had a great view and the room was always clean.
The food was lovely. Not much for a fussy 5 year old but on the days they did Nuggets or fish fingers she was in her element. The Cakes were to die for - so nice.
My only tiny niggle was the slippery tiled area around all the pools - please be careful and make your kids walk and not run. The water could have been a bit warmer too. I think they must have filled the pools up with ice each night as they were all freezing.
But don't be put off by the cold - the pools were lovely and there was a pool for all ages.
I cant stress enough how lovely this resort is. You must all go there. I wish i was there now :).

Room Tip: Go for ground floor in Block A
3  Thank jonroberts24

Dear jonroberts24,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

We appreciate to hear that your expectations were met with our services and facilities and that you enjoyed. thank you for recommending us

Hopefully you will be visiting Mallorca soon again and I would be delighted if we would be your hotel of choice once again - I can assure you that we will do all we can to make the Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa your favourite hotel on the island.

I wish you a good winter and I take this opportunity to wish you a happy Christmas and a prosperous year 2018