We visited this hotel in October.
Comfortable and clean rooms
Nice sea view and quiet if near adult pool end (room 1115 was good, top floor 1316 would probably be best - these are in the main complex)
Weather 24 and sunny apart from one day of rain
Food all good and good selection
Hotel has very nice grounds which were well kept
Staff friendly and helpful
Nice smallish beach right next to the hotel (Sa Coma 15mins away and 15 Euros in a cab if you want a nice big beach - to get back pop into a big hotel and ask them to order you a cab - couldn't find a taxi rank to get back)
Wasps not a problem for us, think the worst of this issue must have passed
Some may prefer a bigger beach
Not that much to do in the surrounding area of the hotel in the evening but not a real problem for us
The main thing preventing a 5 star review was the dining experience, I think due to the layout it was all rather chaotic and sometimes you had to queue to get in which we have never had to do before (restaurant not quite fit for the size of hotel, was also cold in the October evening being a bit exposed to the elements). Perhaps could have been a few more veggie options as well.
We would highly recommend the western encounter excursion - our best day and saw some really beautiful parts of the island (picture attached). Must try the local potato cake (coca de patata) in Valldemossa with some hot chocolate and try the fresh orange juice in Soller.
Pirate adventure good as well especially if you have kids.
All in all a lovely holiday.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Insotel Club Cala Mandia Hotel Porto Cristo
- Insotel Hotel Cala Mandia
- Cala Mandia
- Insotel Hotel Porto Cristo
- Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa Porto Cristo, Majorca