2,448 results
All reviewsblock cflower powermain restaurantamerican dinerkids clubfamily suiteadult areafamily areasurf barevening entertainmentmain poolthe main blockfamily holidayinsi splashinsotel teambranded spiritsmini disco
Reviewed 2 June 2017

This was our first holiday abroad with our toddler who is 2.5 and it was absolutely fantastic. We stayed in block A, our room was spacious, clean and family friendly - the layout was perfect for us. The hotel has plenty of pools which managed to keep our toddler entertained for the week we stayed. The splash park is great, with lots of different slides and areas for kids to explore. The smaller pool is also worth checking out as it is next to a play area and has a boat in the pool, our son loved climbing in and out of it. The hotel is situated next to a public beach and the beach is lovely, the sea is so clear. You have to pay for the sun beds, we paid 15 euro for two beds and a shade. We all loved the food at the hotel, there was a great selection and it was constantly being topped up - it is very busy at meal times but all the staff are working hard to make sure that everything runs smoothly. All of the staff at the hotel are welcoming and friendly - they really are a credit to the hotel. I was surprised at the number of negative reviews that the hotel has received - we really couldn't fault it and would highly recommend it. Thanks for the best week!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
InsotelHotelGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear Vicky C,
Thank you for choosing Insotel Cala Mandia resort & Spa and sharing your experience! We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us and especially loved our spacious accommodation and location. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time.
Let us know in advance in case you will book again and do not forget to recommend us to your friends.

Best wishes and greetings from Mallorca from all the Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Went in May, with Mum and 4 year old daughter. Nice experience, can't moan about anything major but not special. Stayed in block A. Good thing about block A was was the location. Right next to gym, pool, main food area, lobby. Food was a little better than average. Was a decent atmosphere but not tht 'xfactor' feel. Very boring around the pool of a day, mostly music (so needs this) or if there was music, it was very faint and quiet. Even more boring entertainment of a night. They have a kids entertainment from 8pm-8.30pm then adults but tbh you can't tell the difference. I've never been so bored of a night time on holiday and felt sorry for my mum (mid 60s) and my daughter (4). After 4 nights of boredom we went into Porto Cristo town, it was dead there but very scenic and pretty and a relief to get away from hotel. We also went to my brothers hotel (who had tried to stay in ours but accidentally booked next hotel) for the night on our last night and their entertainment was so brilliant compared to ours it made us wish that we stayed in that hotel (blau punta reina) or at least went there every night and left us feeling a bit down with our own hotel. All i can say is decent, but wouldn't go back. I paid 850 for 7 nights all inclusive, all in, flights, transfers, hotel. That's why i can't really moan. I see some people that had paid over 1500 for the same holiday and if i had paid that, i wouldn't have been satisfied. Very clean, close to (tiny public) beach that they want 12 euro per day for 2 sunbeds and a umbrella on. So even though beach is very close, it's not very nice, just go there for 1 day max I'd suggest. One other thing I'd say, is booking directly through insotel site, be careful, as that's what i did, online. I arrived at just gone 1 am so while ticking my arrival and time and date to hotel online booking, i gave correct time and correct checkout time but upon arrival the man at reception said there's been a problem and i have to pay for the day before as check in starts at 2pm of a day. He gave us a room and said come back in morning to discuss. There was only 1 man working when he arrived (also a security guard) and i felt very underwhelmed. I explained we was hungry so the security guard took me to canteen and let me have a free run at all the prepared food for the morning (wasn't much too choose from). I found this a bit unprofessional and tacky. Anyway when i came back in the morning, i tried to explain to reception that their system had given me a price for my exact correct dates I'd entered and it wasn't fair to just hit me with a price hike of over £100 After an already agreed price. They wouldn't budge or even haggle it down so i had to pay the full nights money, despite arriving at 1 am, having a make shift, help yourself bit of food (bread and butter) and sleeping in that time. They said if i don't pay then I'll have to checkout the hotel 1 day early or they'll phone the police. I paid, they sent up a bottle of champagne to room and a kettle (with no €20 deposit needed) in fairness but it did leave a bit of a bitter taste. I've left that bit until last as i didn't want it to overshadow what i tried to make an honest review.
So all in all, was decent, but wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Jay P
InsotelHotelGroup, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Jay P,

Thank you for taking the time to write ypour opinion on Tripadvisor.
It is a real shame to read your comments about your reservation issue caused to a wrong calculation of nights booked from yourself. I personally explained you that day how the booking in all the hotels works, and I was sure you understood it and appreciated my explanation to you.
We feel sorry if you booked your flight one day in advance of your booking in the resort.

It is a pitty to hear that our entertainer activities and night shows were not at your liking and that you preferred an another Hotel during the night. This is really sad for us to know about, and be sure our Director and the Entertainment Manager will be informed about your unsatisfaction in order to improve the night entertainment.

Naturally it is always a concern when our guests leave the hotel disillusioned, particularly as we pride ourselves in providing our guests with a high level of customer service and attention to detail. And I was sure i showed you.
Your opinion on TripAdvisor means a lot for us, these is how we continually can improve our service to our clients and also it gave us the possibility to change things.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel and to prove you our willing to provide you a good service.
Please, give us another chance in the future and contact me for any further informations about your holiday : rrppcm@insotel.com
We send you best regards from part of the management and the entire staff of Cala Mandia.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Since this is primarily about the resort, I will be brief regarding shambolic TUI organisation: Twice directed to the wrong coach park at Palma airport. As retirees, lugging our cases around the airport is not a great start. Return trip to the airport took twice as long (two hours) since we carried out three pick-ups in the Cala d'Or region. We neither asked, or paid for a trip around the island, when we could have spent another hour by the pool.
The resort is excellent for kids - splash pools and slides - well patrolled by lifeguards.
Rooms spacious and airy with good air conditioning. Good tv coverage. Walk-in shower very slippery when wet. A non-slip mat or floor covering would cure the problem.
Food average at best - cheap cuts of meat, often merely warm. Even the burgers in the 50s restaurant were tough. Fresh fruit good, but deserts very varied in quality - definitely NOT four star. I would expect freshly-squeezed orange juice in a quality Spanish resort. Bar service is good.
When we have paid £1100 each for my wife and I, we do not expect to be charged €17 for the use of a safe. Neither do I expect to be charged €15 for the use of a canopy bed by the pool.It is in the interest of the resort to help every guest safeguard valuables. Coincidentally, I am closely associated with a resort in Costa del Sol, where we make safes freely available. There is then no comeback if guests fail to use them. I asked to see the manager to discuss this, but was told she was too busy to discuss such matters with guests!
In summary, all-inclusive should mean just that....

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
InsotelHotelGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear FarnhamJohn,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed most of your time and that you were happy about the food, restaurants, our lifeguards service and the hotel standard.

I am sorry to hear that your transfer arrival to the hotel was not at the standard our partner Thomson use to organize. I will forward your unsatisfaction to our Holiday reps to open an investigation to understand the reality of the facts.
It is disappointing for us to know you do not agree with our 4 star superior Hotel rate.
Naturally it is always a concern when our guests feel the hotel as disillusioned, particularly as we pride ourselves in providing our guests with a high level of customer service and attention to detail.
We take all guest feedbacks seriously and evaluate in depth all comments received.

I am very sorry to hear about that just now even if it looks to me very rare that someone from the team told you that the Director was busy. She is always available and up for a chat , and she encharges me and all the Managers to give her a daily report and feedback of our guests .This is not the way we aim to do and I can promise that all the guests are served from Management Chat Services.
It is a real shame you did not catch the chance to have a chat at my desk. It will never happen that I won't be able to talk to a guest when my priority, aswell as all the Managers, is to satisfy with our policy possibilities every guests requests.
We feel sorry as well to understand you do not agree with some of our price policy and the few small luxury extra introduced on your package.

We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We are just finishing our week long stay at the Insotel Cala Mandia and we cannot fault it!

Before we came I was a little worried about some of the negative reviews but I'm so glad we weren't put off as it's a great place to go for a family holiday!

Rooms are great, massive and lovely air con if needed.... Pools are so clean, very spacious and the lifeguards are super attentive and friendly. Food is AMAZING and replenished constantly, all hot and such lovely dishes/desserts! Entertainment team are brilliant, Aldo was a personal favourite he made us feel so welcome and always came over for a chat, loved him! Restaurant/bar staff were always friendly and work tirelessly to keep things clean, stocked and tidied away - 10 out of 10!!

Also just wanted to mention that the road around the resort is not a problem at all! it's very quiet and there's pedestrian crossings all around each side.

All in all we had a fantastic week away and would definitely recommend this to other families

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank hannahpacks
InsotelHotelGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear hannahpacks,
Many thanks on your very detailed and very sincere review describing the hotel in all its aspects.
It was a pleasure to read it and thank you again for taking time and highlighting many aspects of your stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you have had an unforgettable stay, enjoyed the pools and restaurants and the great customer service offered from all of us.
Also, thank you for complementing our staff, the Entertainment Team and please kindly receive the best regards from everyone of us, specially from Aldo.
We hope to have a pleasure to greet you again in Mallorca on any other occasion in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

third year running to visit majorca and this was our favourite so far (after visiting other lovely family hotels previous years).

great pools..like how the resort is spread out so not all on top of each other and adds a bit of variety. splash pool is brilliant for children (and slides for adults too!).

we used the kids clubs and liked that they were signed in and out with secure area so felt could leave them safely (other hotels we have been to in majorca would let them leave the group when they pleased). great to have a break for a few hours in the day and the girls enjoyed the clubs too.

our room was in a quieter area of the resort which we actually liked.
spacious, modern rooms and liked that the balcony was on the main bedroom so didn't disturb the children if they were in bed and you wanted to sit out for a bit yourself.

the road is just not a big deal! can't believe all the comments i read about the road...it's hardly a motorway and any rare cars stop at the level crossings!

we loved utilising the adults pool when the kids were in club..great pool with nice seating areas and good drinks.
please do not book this hotel in the adults only area and then expect to not come across children throughout your stay..i really don't believe this is the intention of the adults area. majorca is a very popular place for families and for good reasons (it's clean, friendly, has great family hotels) so if you want an adults only resort, i'd personally go somewhere else. besides this, i visited the buffet every meal time and thought all the kids were actually well behaved and polite!...didn't see any children "running around" or even using fingers for that matter.

weren't too keen on the night entertainment (apart from a group of singing men one night who were brill) but we liked that the kids could hang around safely with friends around the pool/entertainment area (this was our 11 yr old favourite part of the day) and quick service at the bar!

overall great hotel for families and don't go expecting more than what it actually is (it's a very good 4 star family hotel as advertised and not a fancy 5 star, exclusive resort you might find in the Caribbean for example!)
pretty quiet area but nice beach and we walked to a lovely bar when girls were in club one day in cala agguile

1  Thank AbsnM

Dear AbsnM,
We sincerely appreciate the 4 Stars rating and the kind comments! It is great to hear when we have provided exceptional service. Our staff take great pride in providing excellent service to ensure all of our guests enjoy a faultless and memorable time during their stay at Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & sPa, and I am so pleased we achieved this during your time with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon!
Best Regards,