1,741 results
All reviewsentertainment teampalma novagolf fantasiasaladpool areaevery nighttoastiesgreat holidaycrazy golfevening entertainmentwater polobar stafffrench guestsself serviceminute walk to the beachhot dogsnext year
Reviewed 5 August 2006

great hotel overall ,5 mins walk to beach which is lovely and not overcrowded, shops bars and restuarants all short walk away, staff friendly ,clean rooms(air conditioning and new double glazed patio doors) and hotel areas, went all inclusive so plenty of food and good choice {not just chips} ,my 9 year old made loads of friends and there were plenty of activities for kids and adults but no pressure to join in. pool area bit cramped but did go in peak season .only negative would be the behaviour of a few of the hotel guests (can get thet in any hotel ) .would go back .

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank jasminestaffy
Reviewed 2 August 2006

Stay away. went to hotel palma nova last october with my parnter and 9 month old baby. the state of the hotel room was disgusting, The cot we were supplied with was a death trap. Food was awful same thing everyday, if you like chips then you will be fine. The Cleaners were very rude and i was hurled abuse of them in the dinning area for my child spilling his drink. Was told this was a 4* but i would not even give it a 2*. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 July 2006

I stayed at this hotel in low season when hardly anyone was there but it didn't stop the hotel from having something to do every day and night. I absolutely loved it and I was 6 months pregnant.

The staff were so nice and friendly and I loved the fact that there was always food to eat, being pregnant and eating for two. Everybody was nice, including the guests and I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

Even though I couldn't drink, I heard and saw all my family and friends get drunk off the large amounts of alcohol that they give you. I enjoyed the hot chocolates and the ice creams that you could get. My whole family loved this place and we are all coming back again next year.

• Stayed: December 2002, travelled with family
7  Thank stephanni
Reviewed 23 July 2006

I stayed with my wife and two children stayed at this hotel from 08 to 22 July this year and over all our impressions were positive.

On arrival we were allocated the normal size room but having read previous reviews on this website we were aware that family rooms were available. It would appear that there is only one per floor meaning seven in total. We requested a family room and were told one would be available the next day with an upgrade price of 40 euros - best money we spent all holiday. We had friends at the hotel and they were crammed into a room with two beds and two camp beds, These rooms are TINY and not suited to any more than two people.

The food was always good and you would be very fussy if you didn't find something you enjoyed.

Pool area is small and reserving of sunbeds is ridiculous. It meant my wife or I getting up at 7 am every morning to reserve sunbeds - hardly a holiday. If hotel guests had not used the excellent beach which was a very short distance away, the pool area would have been totally inadequate for the number of hotel guests.

Hotel reps, Christina, Paloma, Rui and Alexandra were excellent and did a first class job at entertaining both children and adults - activites arranged around the pool area were varied, something for all. It may not have been to all tastes but our two children aged 6 & 8 looked forward to every event and daytime and evening entertainment is what made their holdiay fantastic.

There appeared to be a problem with the air conditioning in the evening entertainment area and this did get very warm at night. the ac in the rooms worked very well. this was worked by your key card meaning when you left the room it was turned off. we found the answer was to get a second key card and after the room had been cleaned we kept the second card in the room meaning the ac was on when you went up in the evening.

We would echo earlier comments that the lifts are far to small and if you were on the higher floors you invariabley had to wait. Staff were excellent, worked extremely long hours and were always pleasent and courteous. Rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels. The hotel was always kept clean.

Another problem we had was the amount of groups of lads and girls, this was billed as a family hotel, the problem seems to be with the tour companies rather than the hotel as it would appear that many of these people were allocated on arrival. To be fair there was not much rowdy behaviour but there was a fair amount of noise through the night.

To sum up would we go there again , no, but ask my children and they would tell you it was the best holiday they have ever been on and at the end of the day thats all that matters

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
13  Thank scgreen
Reviewed 18 July 2006

hotel palma nova is a great place for all ages! just back from this hotel and had a great time. very clean, only bad point i could say is that the pool is to small for the amount of people are there! food is lovely.....plenty of different stuff for everyone! this is a paradise for anyone who loves food and drink..........like myself! ps make sure you get up early for your sunbeds!! lisa & ruth northern ireland

• Stayed: July 2006