1,773 results
All reviews entertainment team palma nova golf fantasia salad pool area every night toasties great holiday crazy golf evening entertainment water polo bar staff french guests self service minute walk to the beach hot dogs next year
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Have just returned from Hotel Palmanova. Me and the wife are in our late 50's and this is our 8th trip to Palmanova. The previous ones have been at the top end of the bay in Torrenova but due to 18-30s overspil from Magaluf using the hotels we decided to move further round the bay. The first two nights we didn't get much sleep due to a group of three next door coming in from (guess where) at 4:00 in the morning which in itself wasn't a problem. The problem was that they had no consideration for other guests when in their room. It was six o'clock when they finally shut up and went to bed. Management did have a word after I complained the second night, but they left the following day anyway and we were o.k. for the rest of our stay. Why travel agents (Thomas Cook in particular) stick 18-30's in hotels for families and couples is beyond me as it is ruining the area. On our last day a small group of both lads and girls were throwing each other in the pool fully clothed and another group were kicking a ball around the pool and whacked it off the back of my wifes head. The next time they hit a man on a lounger with the ball, it was amusing when he stood up as he was about 6'2 and pushing 20 stone. They did tone it down after a few words. The hotel itself is nice with reasonable food and a nice and large pool area. Well positioned for beach and Golf Fantasia next door is a must if you haven't been before. We probably will return to this hotel as we do come twice a year and the 18-30's seem to be placed in most hotels around the bay by travel agents who don't give a stuff. The annoying thing is that when you talk to some of the younger ones they would prefer to based in Magaluf. The one thing we found with rooms are that the walls are so thin that if you do have noisy neighbours it sounds very noisy. Shame really as the place is o.k.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WolvesWolverhampton
HiHotels, Manager at Globales Palmanova, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel. This was our first visit to Palma Nova. On arrival we were told our room was ready, this was at 10 30 in morning so that was great. We found that 55 euro for a safe for 2 weeks with just 5 euro return was a bit steep but essential. Room was clean and tidy, air conditioning was a bit loud but not a problem. Downside to room was that even though cleaners came in and changed towels, emptied bin and made the beds, we never had clean sheets the whole fortnight we were there. I had a small cigarette burn in mine when I arrived and still had the same sheet on when I left. The food was great, I am a really fussy eater but managed to always find something I liked. We had 2 guys next door who were really noisy coming in but you can get that anywhere. On one occasion I came out of my room and one of them was sleeping in the corridor and had urinated all over the place and it had run all under the door into our room. I went straight to reception and reported it and they went and put him in his room, notified the cleaners and it was all cleaned immediately. Only downfall for us was the lack of entertainment, Elvis on a Saturday and a girl singer on the Monday and that was it unless you like to do a quiz or play mr and mrs etc. I found staff to be friendly and helpful if we needed to know anything. Really close to all the shops and beach with a great walk up to Magaluf either on the roadway or along the beaches. Beware of pickpockets when you go down to the front, there were several people in our hotel who had their wallets stolen from down there, it is a thieves paradise but if your careful then you should have a great holiday.

Room Tip: You will hear some noise wherever your room faces as the walls are so thin.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Valligal

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about the hotel.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I and my husband returned for a second year, We loved it the same. I think some guest have such a bad holiday and its very unfortunate so i can only comment on my experience. I emailed ahead for a pool/view room and we got it upon arrival great room fantastic view. Some staff could do with smiling more but some guest could use more manners. Still the same situation with sun loungers can't get one unless up early some even in the middle of the night putting towels out. entertainment staff are good people but can only work with a willing audience!! Food not good we booked all inclusive because last year food was nice this year we ate out almost every day costing us extra. Overall great holiday because we make it good for ourselves. Rob jezza both fab

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

First of all there was an ant nest In our hotel room we phoned the front desk and told them they didn't do nothing about it- bad customer service. They then sent my friend an email when we came back of the holiday saying it wasn't their problem cheeky! Also the room sunk when we arrived. Also the bed sheets which were to be changed everyday to 'clean' ones had blood stains and dirt stains on them!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sezzy03

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I Love palmanova and go every year!
I went to this hotel last year and have just made a trip advisor account so I fort I would leave my review from Oct 2012.
The first thing bad thing I'll mention is the food; myself and family was ill the last 4 days of our 2 week holiday and so where a few other people, they need to invest in some anti bacterial hand gel for going in and out the restaurant.
The entertainment was wicked! loads for the kids and Rob was amazing!
The pool was abit on the small side but we was always able to get a sunbed.
The room was basic, aslong as it has a bed, bath/shower, air con and a mirror what else do you need? your abroad why do you wanna spend it in your room watching tv?
haha 'Philip J' I know exacually who you mean about gangsta gran lmao!

would go here again tho :)

Room Tip: take earplugs, the walls are thin haha!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family